1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Wiggins and Embiid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wangmuncher, Nov 15, 2016.

?

Harden for Wiggins and Embiid

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. No

184 vote(s)
    82.9%
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeah i would. Harden will never be a winner. He's a stat stuffing player, but there have been many of those throughout the years that never won a damn thing. I'd prefer that Wiggins and Embiid can pick up the offensive load but also have tons of defensive potential. You'd need a proper playmaking point guard, which shouldn't be as hard in probably the greatest point guard era ever. Harden doesn't even try on defense. His pathetic hand swipes as the opponent drives by him is what will define his career. Just another Alex English, Adrian Dantley, Mark Aguirre, Fat Lever, David Thompson type of player for the modern era. I'd rather have 05 or 07 McGrady any day. Only thing Harden has is durability really.

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I can't believe so many people are saying no. Harden who is by all means playing great, is as some said more of a stat stuffer. His great play has lead the Rockets to a barely above .500 record. I don't want to hear about excuses about talent or records, if we switched Lebron with Harden we would not be floating around .500 for the last 2 seasons. I love the beard but I fear he is the next T-Mac, all sorts of great numbers but will never truly lead a team to anything.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wow. Are you watching this guy play? Remove him from this team and we'd win less than 20 games. How in the hell can you call that stat stuffing? His contribution is the number one reason for any success we have.

macho GRANDE, ricardo1979 and mikol13 like this.
  4. macho87

macho87 Member

harden for an at best 2nd teir star and an injury prone big man. Pass

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. rockets13champs

How is that even possible? Would the Twolves and Sixers want to share harden or something?

6. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

HAHAHA GLAD YOU ARE NOT THE GM.WTF did tmac achive in his career? spades of 1st round exits. Harden has been to the WCF's twice and to the NBA finals playing a vital role. Just wow. No sane GM would do this trade.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeah because it's a perfectly similar situation Harden has had compared to T-Mac. Harden would be nothing but a first round exit with the same teams T-Mac was on. Just like he was last year. Just like he will be this year. Oh wait. Just like he has his entire career as a Rocket except that anomaly of a season when we played a garbage Dallas team in the first round and needed a miracle comeback(or epic collapse) by the Clippers in which Harden wasn't even the reason for the comeback(He couldn't even lead the Rockets to victory when Chris Paul sat out).

So what? I am watching him play and i'm watching a guy put up stats for a 45 win team and a 1-4 first round exit(possibly sweep) because he will always be a black hole on defense and a turnover machine(4.4 to in his Rockets playoff career) He's still the same. I still see the same guy who doesn't even care to try on most defensive possessions. I still see a guy who is on pace to beat his own record for most turnovers in a season. I still see a guy continually stripped from behind because of his casual style and low awareness. You guys all want to blow him for putting up awesome stats, but what good does that do for you? Nothing. Only does good for himself and his brand. Give me Khawi's basic all star numbers with incredible defense any ****ing day over some triple double machine with zero care for defense. Don't get me wrong. He's an amazing offensive player. Strong, durable, crafty, deceptive, with great passing vision. I don't doubt we could be in contention with another top 10 player, but i mean, what team with two top 10 talents wouldn't be in contention just as T-Mac would have been in contention every year had he and Yao been fully healthy every year.

Let's not pretend Harden playing with 2 future top 30 players of all time to start his career and a fluke run to the WCF with Dwight is the normal expectation of what he can bring. 05 Rockets, 07 Rockets, and 08 Rockets(with Yao healthy) would have wiped the floor with that Harden/Dwight WCF fluke team.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The only time you trade a player this good is for someone who is without a doubt at this moment better than him or if you know without a doubt he is going to walk.

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Hell NO! Players like Harden are like diamonds.
    I get the angst that some people feel towards him though as it's live by the Harden, die by the Harden. When he goes cold or missing, generally the same is said with the entire team like with OKC yesterday.

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

So Harden would be playing for the Wolves AND the Sixers?

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Would I trade Harden for Hakeem in his prime? I would hesitate. That's how well Harden is playing. I'd probably still pull the trigger, but I wouldn't be confident that I made the right move.

And Hakeem is my favorite player ever...

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hakeem in his prime's game might not be NBA legal today..

13. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Pass.

Seriously people, ya'll don't know what we have if you really would do this trade.