1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden for Wiggins and Embiid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wangmuncher, Nov 15, 2016.

?

Harden for Wiggins and Embiid

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. No

184 vote(s)
    82.9%
  1. ryl

ryl Member

The year Harden finally gets some shooters he leads and league in assists and yet still averages 3rd in points. IMO the front runner for the MVP. He should have won 2 years ago over Curry.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you're saying Harden isn't playing up to his potential? :p

kidding

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

KAT & Wiggins would've at least been debatable and since they're on the same team something that could happen, hypothetically..this trade, not so much.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

STRAIGHT UP with contracts the way they are and we don't have to throw in or receive fillers? You have to consider it as a business man. You can extend the window of contending significantly and open up cap space this summer to sign 1 max contract (Chris Paul?) and easily open up even further cap room or trade scenarios on top (Paul Millsap?). In that position I bet we could build a team that can contend for 10 consecutive years.

Personally I wouldn't do it, but it would be stupid of me.

5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

No, Harden has been extremely durable and Embiid hasn't.

Embiid's post scoring and Wiggins...everything sound great. 2 players who make the game look effortless.

Capela / NeNe
    Embiid / Ryno / Harrell
    Wiggins / Dekker
    Gordon / Ariza / McDaniels
    Beverley / Tyus

#45 Brown Lost It, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

KA Towns looks good to me. Not saying anything but he would be good fit here.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

I voted no with no hesitation at this proposal, but I agree that a Wiggins and Towns scenario would be more worth mulling over. Embiid just has far too much Greg Oden in him so far in his early career.

8. omgTHEpotential

Just hear him out guys...

cdrive and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen enough. I have grown to hate Wangmuncher.

10. tnopham

tnopham Member

Not sure if trolling but seems like it.

What is the logic in trading two unproven players for a superstar?

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Adam Morrison people!!!!!!!!!!

An old Clutchfans goodie.

12. CertifiedTroll

Challenging anyone who voted yes to trial by combat. My champion... OP.

Getting two birds stoned at once.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Joel and Wiggins are not winning anything right now.

Also the age of the big man is over.

#53 Air Langhi, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  14. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Wanna hear my logic behind YES vote? Some day Wiggins and Embiid will both be top 5 players in this league at the same time. Harden will then be 30 or older. It's not like we're competing for the rings this or the next year, we're unlikely to be top contender during Harden's prime years so why not start looking forward? I'm not saying it's a no brainer, I'm not assuming they don't stay in Houston for long, I'm assuming future prime Kawhi Leonard and prime Greg Odden on the same team. Also those 2 guys are monsters on defense and you wouldn't have to build entire roster specifically around one guy because he's so flawed on defense (cheap shot, I know, but I'm not wrong). Imagine Harden goes down, what's left of Rockets? A disaster, because he's the only playmaker on the team. Gordon is disappointing at that.

jeevinesh likes this.
  15. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Its basically about the now versus the future. I still think that we will not contend with our roster the way it is. I'm totally blown away by Embiid and also do not like the way our Rockets are playing this year. There's no grit to our team and the missing post presence of Dwight is palpable. It seem like the D'Antoni effect. Also, as 'historic' as Harden's numbers are, we have to remember that he only plays on one side of the ball and this season is seeing him having a career high in turnovers as well.

Yes, I know Russ turns the ball over as well, but we are not comparing Harden with Russ. We are comparing the now versus the future.

I voted yes and I believe half the people here might have done so last year when we sucked. Winning changes how we feel but not the facts. Our Rockets are not getting out of the first round this year as good as Harden is playing.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm really struggling to understand why this proposition even exists since it's impossible. As others have pointed out, at least a KAT + Wiggins deal is logistically possible since they are both on the same team. A three team deal wouldn't even be possible because what does the team that doesn't get Harden get?

And even if it were possible, no.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

Maybe. Maybe Wiggins develops into the best SG in the league.

Also, maybe Wiggins' ceiling is DeMar DeRozan. Or maybe Klay Thompson. Or maybe Jimmy Butler. Or maybe Dwyane Wade of the past couple years.

All good players, sure. But also not top 10 players that could pull a team to the playoffs on their own (see Harden in 2012-2013, and he's only gotten better since). Wiggins so far has been an inefficient chucker (his shot to assist ratio is almost identical to Rudy Gay's) and his pre-draft scouting report was that he would be an excellent defender although so far he has just been above average. Nowhere near lockdown.

Embiid might be fantastic. Also, he might be forced to retire early due to injuries similar to Oden or Walton or Bowie.

I would love to have either Wiggins or Embiid on our team (or, like other posters have said, Towns) to see how they develop. But no way would I trade the proven superstar, legit MVP candidate in Harden for those two guys that maybe, potentially, might develop into being almost as good as Harden is now.

Imagine trading Harden for Wiggins, what's left of the Rockets? We still wouldn't have a playmaker. Wiggins is also disappointing at that.

18. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Why would I imagine that? Firstly, It's trading Harden for Wiggins AND Embiid, not for Wiggins alone. Secondly, if you had Wiggins on the Rockets, you wouldn't have all these other guys we brought here or kept here because they compliment Harden's flaws.

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Davis and Lavine
    Cousins and Klay
    KAT and Wiggins
    Embiid and Porzingis
    Drummond and Wall

Which duo(s) do you take for Harden?

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He had one last season, but didn't want to share the limelight.