1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Gordon for a possible Paul George rental?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 13, 2017.

?

Would you trade EG for PG?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. No

116 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Only if PG agrees to re-sign

91 vote(s)
    34.9%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thats why I said Anderson was a liability he's not a salary matcher most teams dont want him because just add 7M to his deal and its already a max contract.

So theoretically OKC wont do the deal cuz they lose both PG and get a liability but just get a 1 low first round pick from the #1 team in the L. And its not even next years pick cuz they already traded that for Cp3. Lol

But you never know stranger things have happened. Anderson imho would actually make okc a better team because he can provide spacing unlike their 3 stars who are all ISo mid range shooters.

2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This thread is absurd. PG is a top 3 two-way player in the entire league. Lebron, Kawhi, PG. He is essentially one tier below LBJ since LBJ is in a tier of his own, but he's 5 years younger at only 27. I ALMOST like the idea of trading and maxing out George until he is 32 vs Lebron until he is 37. Having a significant window with Harden and PG and only one aging star in CP3 would be great.

#142 BallSoHarden, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Reeko, Vivi, mario_v and 3 others like this.
  3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

yeah, it's a no brainer. but not for a rental that would be guaranteed to leave after the year. even with PG, GS is still the favorite. not convinced we'd beat them with that 1-1 swap. you'd have to upgrade the bench still, so that's why getting him + having the future to build would be important.

he'd probably need like a >85% chance of staying for me to entertain that possibility.

4. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I think PG for Ryno would be better for the rockets. Rockets need that cap relief. If Lebron wants to come we sign Lebron with that money. if not we can try to re-up PG.

mario_v likes this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I would take the way he has fit in OKC with a grain of salt, PG on a well coached team will fit since he is an elite top 3 two way player in the league. They have a coaching issue, players leave and blossom, KD specifically mentioned the coaching staff as a reason he left, and we saw them lose a game maybe two in the playoffs against Houston due to poor coaching down the stretch. Also, the LA thing I would try to get the latest on this from him because a lot has changed since he mentioned only LA. Houston got CP3, Lonzo is not developing as quickly as people thought nor is the rest of the Lakers squad, and Walton is over rated and the system isn't really solidified for them.

roslolian likes this.
  6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Another thread that wants to trade, just to trade.

22 AND 4 People.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Is Paul George being offered for Eric Gordon right now? They make different amounts so what would this do to our team if this wasn't hypothetical?

Currently we're the best team in the league. How often has the best team in the league looked to make changes historically?

Paul George is +73 so far this year when he's on the court.
    Eric Gordon is +251

#147 don grahamleone, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  8. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

What people need to understand is that in any Gordon trade for George we must include Ryan Anderson and get back Patterson to make salaries work...

The great thing about that is even if George is a "rental" we would have freed up so much cap space that we would be in the market for big names like

Lebron
    Cousins

Beardaholic13 and roslolian like this.
  9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

One thing that people forgot,

This year, EGO 3p% is at .321, while PG at 0.409.

Couple that with superior defending. And its a no brainer. You always go for the better player.

However there would be a need for a backup guard.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion. But, I’ve never been impressed with Paul George at all. I think he’s very overrated and a third tier star.

He’s one of those guys who’s a star in his generation, but never one of the actual top guys. And he’ll be forgotten sooner rather than later when he’s gone from the game.

This will be a more unpopular opinion, but I’ve always watched a lot of Indiana games, because I was a huge Reggie Miller fan as a kid. He was like the Stephen Curry (but more clutch) of my youth.

Anyway, I always thought Danny Granger was the better player on Indiana between him and George. They only played a couple of years together, but Granger was much better. Paul George looked robotic in his motions to me until just recently. Sucks Granger got injured.

In conclusion:
    tl;dr Paul George is overrated

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Paul George is by far the better player. He's a far superior defender and even a better shooter than EGo. The only problem would be making salaries match. Plus, we'd have no more scoring off the bench.

D-rock likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think he would be better, and was headed to be a top 5ish player, but had that gruesome injury. I am sure that has hurt him in several ways.

13. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

It's called selling high

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Can you get us the stats on How many drives to the rim and % finishing at the rim? and how many fts per game?

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

This year should be no. Use bobby, webber, troy, zhou to change with Paul George should be yes. We have good chemistry now. If we can get championship this year, we dont need to sign Leborn and George

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's still better than Gordon though which is why you do the deal.

18. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Nope, Gordon fills a role we need in a backup off the bench scoring.

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You would rather have the Rockets pick in 3 years than now. Heck I would wait 5 years if they would give it to me. See these other trades team have made, now teams own the lakers first round pick this year and the nets. It is not a bad thing to wait on a pick especially from a team that currently has the best record in the NBA.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Paul George is shooting 40% from 3 on over 7 attempts a game this season

Paul George shot 39% from 3 on almost 7 attempts a game last year

How do u get that he’s “nowhere near” the sniper that Gordon is?

roslolian and YOLO like this.