1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you trade for Joel Embiid?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shakes05, Aug 21, 2023.

1. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Don't think this trade will ever come into fruition, however, if he does make a request out of Philly, who would you trade for Embiid?
    I would give up Sengun, J. Green, Eason, first round picks...KPJ can replace Green, but Philly would probably want Jabari over Eason. For a MVP caliber type player like Embiid, you have to swing for the fences for him! Thoughts?

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We did not waste three season of tanking to blow it all on embiid.
    Injuries concern
    Choking concern

Hard no.

Sengun fans will get pretty triggered if this is done

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't think it's realistic, but if it did start becoming reality, it would certainly include Sengun. Cam Whitmore likely the next guy included. I would think you would give up a lot if you could keep Amen, Jabari, Jalen, Tari. They would likely give up both Brooklyn picks and some of their own draft capital.

But Daryl isn't going to easily trade with the Rockets and you can bet he will ask for the moon and the stars for the player who was just named the MVP.

4. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Given how people see KPJ and Amen in this forum, the Rockets could swing both Amen and KPJ for Embiid, Harden and Harris.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I thought rookies could not start threads?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'd trade Sengun, KPJ and Whitmore for him.

Ren ason likes this.
  8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Here is why I would not want embiid. Hardens ceiling was western conference finals and he played against a dynasty. Embiid has not dealt with a dynasty since lebron in Miami and still has not made it to the finals much less win it.
    So if that has been his ceiling and you combine the fact that he is older and has had injuries, I would pass.

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

If the prices wasn't too high, sure why not, but we all know D Morey would be asking for all the animals on the farm and a go with the wife in the barn.

Price probably too high so I'd pass.

Easy and pippendagimp like this.
  10. Risingred

Risingred Member

No. First, the price will be insane. Second, you always have to assume "if he's healthy", but he is just never healthy. Third, he is a choker.

clos4life, HD729, AXG and 2 others like this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Embid is about to turn 30 as a 7fter with injury history.

His timeline simply doesn't match with the young players on this team. Trading away Sengun or Green or whoever is part of the core for Embid is simply trading away a player who will align with the peaks of the rest of the core for a player who will be at the tail end of his career when our young players reach their peak.

Basically asking for a decade of mid.

#12 fchowd0311, Aug 21, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Morey probably isn't too happy with Stone right now because the Rockets created a bit of a false market for Harden in free agency which led to the dilemma Morey is in now where he had an aging star who is upset that he's not getting paid, and is going to take it out on you.

If he is tasked with taking the best offer I do think the Rockets have a ton to offer. The only issue is keeping Embiid, and having a championship ready team right away since... let's be honest... Embiid could wrap up his career at his peak sooner rather than later.

It's possible the Rockets could trade for him at the same time as trading for another player too, but that seems hard to do without the FVV, and Brooks contracts being available to trade.

OKC I think is a better match, has a second star already, has more picks to offer, and has a higher need for being relevant sooner. Morey won't find much better than Chet and picks for an Embiid package honestly. I love our young talent, but not much competes with that level of talent going back.

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, rather roll with the rebuild. I need to see this core under Coach Udoka for at least a season before I'd be ready to ship any pieces out.

15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

double post

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Not at the moment, mostly because I don't know the capability of this team. If, however, two of our young guys really start looking like budding stars, I wouldn't be opposed to a swing for an established star (not necessarily Embiid mind you, but I wouldn't be opposed either depending on the package).

For instance, let's say Green and Smith take huge leaps this year and look like young stars. Would I trade Embiid for a package centered around Sengun, picks, and filler? I'd certainly consider it, though I'd prefer to trade for someone younger.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good God, Man. You'd give them the shirts off our back. That's ridiculous.

Now, as to the original/basic question...Absolutely not, for many reasons. Health issues.60 games/yr and, He was playing hurt, again in the playoffs... or it would have been a completely diifferent picture. Joel's a helluva player, but what can you count on now, and how long will he last... Also, more than anything, je needs to go to a team wth a window now. That's not us. We need to stick to our organic growth for awhile....with those ears to the ground. Yes, we need to be looking for moves, but not this one. You don't give up the farm, with so much downsde..We're dealing from a postion of strength.

Easy and don grahamleone like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Embiid would only make sense for an older team and some horny for title franchises like the Lakers and Clippers.

HD729 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It would make sense, as it would instantly make you a contender if you keep the right players around him but for how long?

DD

vince likes this.