1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade for Dirk Nowitzki?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bbjai, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

and why would you guys want Dirk?

that's like sayin' trading for MALONE after the 95' season.

WTF.

2. worzel gummidge

Three team trade where Cuban doesn't have to know the details :grin:

3. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

John Stockton is a Free Agent Coach :O WE MUSS SIGNZ HIM NAO!!111!!1!1!!!!1ONE

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nowitzki is an amazing, amazing talent at the top of his game, much like T-Mac when we got him. He isn't a leader, much like T-Mac. But much like when we got T-Mac, you don't turn that kind of talent down.

What you do is not make the same mistake twice in thinking that talent=leadership.

5. worzel gummidge

Except Dirk led his team to the NBA finals...

6. Dei

Dei Member

Let's have everybody on our team learn the Karl Malone jump shot kick, too:

[​IMG]
    [/URL]

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Putting aside the fact that there are Rocketsheep posting here who are too blind to see the value in having a 7-footer playing the 4 next to Yao who can drop in 30 points at will, this thread is useless speculation. While it is true that Dirk can opt out this summer, no one, that's N O O N E, can pay him what the Mavericks can pay him. He can stay in Dallas and make $21 million next season. That's KneeMac money and unlike KneeMac, Dirk actually plays in games and contributes and well, earns his salary (a truly amazing concept especially to anyone who has watched the MeMac show over the past few years).

Rick Carlislie was on ESPN today and from the tone of his interview, Cuban will do what it takes to keep Dirk so case closed.

8. NMS is the Best

Dirk and Yao together would make us NBA champions. Their games complement each other. Unfortunately it will never happen...

9. MONON

MONON Member

I would have Dirk as a Rocket in a heartbeat. His shooting % (2s, 3s & ft) is top 5. That being said, Cuban won't let that happen!

10. GetRed

GetRed Member

Can we stop posting about that soft little choking giant!!!! It's pointless....

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

No matter how I hate him now, it would be a nice addition specially for 2 reasons:

1) he is a good player
    2) make the mavs weaker :grin:

but I dont think Cuban is going to trade Dirk, and specially to a division rival.
    He doesnt want to make the mistake like he did with Nash, when the big star on the team leaves the team and in the next year he is the MVP or reach the finals.

it would be so funny if Dirk signed with other team and then win the championship, then Cuban and the mavs are ringless, and they franchise player got one without them.

12. FaBo

FaBo Member

Why is everybody complaining about his "leadership"? Like I posted before, he had numbers like 55% from the field, 57% from three and 95% FT on 27 points per game in the playoffs. It was certainly not his fault that the Mavs lost. Players like Terry making almost 4 points less in the playoffs, shooting 38%, and Marion who also makes around 4 points less in the playoffs on 40% shooting are one of the reasons the Mavs lost.

13. tmackixx1

tmackixx1 New Member

yes!! we need dirk,best complement to yao.. a 4 who's a deadly shooter would alwys space the floor to complement yao.. get er done

14. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

No.

Scola is just about as good and I respect Scola's game more.

15. NMS is the Best

You are not serious, are you? :rolleyes:

16. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Well at least, I say 'No Witski!!!

17. keez857

keez857 Member

dirk is old, soft, lacks heart, and is a mortal enemy of the rockets.

[​IMG]

18. sw847

sw847 Member

lol you are kidding right, you are taking this rivary thing way too seriously.

Dirk would be great with yao. Imagine the wide open looks they would creat for each other. Although dirk's defence is crap, but his offense makes up for it. I would love it with Dirck. I would prob take yao off the bench with dirk starting. This way he is freash in the playoffs. Imagine a front line of dirk and yao. Damn, pick your poison. Who do you double.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

cuban won't trade dirk in the same division much less the same state. get real.

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I see you forgot to mention the so-called "HOF PG" who was virtually invisible in the series. And let us not forget the posterboy of big stiffs, Eric Dampier, who also gave them nothing (well less than nothing).

The nice thing about this loss is that all of the Mavsheep from Mark Cuban on down will spend the entire off season whining about why RoddyB didn't play more instead of looking at the real reasons for (yet) Mavericks crash-and-burn. To even imply that a 6 foot 170 lb. combo-guard is the key to beating a solid, veteran team like the Spurs is very definition of stupidity.