1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade for Dirk Nowitzki?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bbjai, Apr 30, 2010.

1. marcolus3

marcolus3 Member

<center><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ">CLICK HERE FOR APPROPRIATE TRUE ROCKET FAN RESPONSE</a>

2. afnorth123

afnorth123 Member

Yes...we'll finaly have a superstar who's health isnt a concern.....and dirks pretty clutch in the 4th as well...

but isnt he about 31? even tho I feel dirk can play at a high level for a while longer due to his style of play.

3. buddyboy

buddyboy Member

We would suddenly be the biggest flopping team in the league. Past the Jazz even. That would be absolutely heartbreaking to me. I'd still root for them, but when those arms start flailing, I think I might die a little on the inside.

4. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Aside from the rivarly, the dude is just too emo. You can feel sorry for a guy who got tricked by a fake babymama, but it would be embarassing to cheer for him.

5. foo82

foo82 Member

I'm surprised this topic has lasted this long. It's just not going to happen. 100% Topic should have ended 3 pages ago.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

MEMO TO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD WHO THINKS THIS MAY HAPPEN:

MARK CUBAN WOULD RATHER GIVE YOU HIS WIFE THAN GIVE YOU DIRK!!!

HELL SHE'S EASIER TO REPLACE!!!

7. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I guess I'm just high on Scola but I wouldn't want to lose Scola, otherwise I'd love to have Dirk playing with us rather than against us.

I'd rather have Dirk over Bosh, or A'mare.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We are one top 5 teams in terms of flopping.

9. showtang043

showtang043 Member

Dirk would be huge in Adelman's offense, his shooting and just awareness, he could really be a beast for us...its a fact, I hate him bc he is a mav, but you take off that uniform, this is a guy who turned down some endorsements bc of commitment of tours and such in the summer and was quoted saying he came here to play basketball not sell stuff on billboards...gotta respect him and his commitment to the game, he has been nothing but a professional and giving it his all, he wants to win, you put him on the rockets, it could be a dangerous combo to deal with our offensive schemes with dirk leading the way

10. FaBo

FaBo Member

Right. I'm German so I read a lot about him and the people here that insult Dirk really have no clue at all about him. Besides the 82+ games he plays in the NBA, he almost always plays for the German national team in the summer. He also once said that he doesn't care about money; he would even waives a huge part of his salary to give the Mavs more money to get better players. He just wants to win an NBA title and really deserves to win one.
    I would love to see him on the Rockets roster, but he has strong emotional ties to Dallas. He always stated in interviews that he loves living there and wouldn't want to play for another team, but now that the Mavs didn't make it past the first round again, he starts thinking about it. However, I bet that Cuban would never let him go to a Texas rival.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Wouldn't mind having Dirk at the PF position.

The only thing that concerns me is his age.

I'd take Bosh over Dirk because of the age factor.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No way do I wan't that nut up on my team. He seemed to turn the corner in the 2006 semis, with his clutch And-1 (really a dumb Manu foul)....but he choked big time in the Finals and he hasn't been right in the postseason ever since. For all the flack we gave T-Mac, you want to bring in a PF that doesn't play like a PF on either side of the ball, who has some momentous chokes (up 2-0 in Finals, lost as 1 seed and a 2 seed). I pass....

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

Which part of the Dallas series loss to the Spurs is attributable to Dirk's play?

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Dirk played poorly in 3 of those losses:

Game 2 - 9/24 shooting
    Game 4 - 4/10 shooting
    Game 6 - went 13/21 to fuel the comeback, but part of the reason they got down 21 to begin with is because he picked up 4 fouls by halftime

Add in the fact that he is a liability on defense and isn't a post presence on either side of the floor, which isn't good for your PF, then it's not suprising that he went down to the Spurs again. Dirk can really score the ball, but since he is primarily a jumpshooter you don't have to double him all the time as long as you have a long defender that can make him work (assuming the refs don't bail him out). And he plays no defense. Is that what you want from your star PF?

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Umm...? Dirk doesn't play a lick of defense to save his life!

Also, if you're 7 feet tall and only shoot jumpers and not take it to the paint, your ass is soft as hell! His ass got locked down my Ginobili and Bogans! If your 7 feet tall and you let a guy who is half a foot shorter than you lock you up, you fail!

16. moose

moose Member

Some of you are really blind. Dirk is a baller, and probably the only player on that mavs team that wants to win. I would love to have him on the Rockets.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

I, for the life of me, can't stand the thought of him. Too many sour memories.

However, the man can flat out play. In other words, head says yes, heart says no. I wouldn't do it because it would feel so wrong, but I can't come up with a single logical reason to say no to having Dirk on this team, other than I can't stand the sight of him.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I know he doesn't want to leave Dallas and Cuban won't trade him to us. I don't wish ill to him or anyone else,but I don't want to see him win a championship ring.
    The answer is no.

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If we have Dirk...it's a guaranteed Championship.

20. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

DIRK IS TO CUBAN

as

YAO IS TO LES !