1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade for Dirk Nowitzki?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bbjai, Apr 30, 2010.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd trade anyone other than Yao for him.

2. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Let's sign Michael Finley and make Stockton our coach while we are it.

3. battousai

battousai Member

why are we making these thread? how about going after Wade? JJ? Rose?...

4. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

f that enemy, hes so dam soft we dont need that crap, he doesnt fit here or is he wanted here

anybody who would want dirk here is fairweather bandwagoners

5. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

You have to imagine Yao getting doubled and then you have a free shooter Dirk just draining 3s or 14 footers. Dirk is a absolute bulls eye shooter. But just imagine him being let free to shoot.

I would love to have Dirk.

6. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Who wouldnt :grin:

7. bbjai

bbjai Member

I only made this thread as a way to branch out our thinking. I mean Dirk is actually possibly a free agent this summer. Noone ever thought that was possible and lo and behold one first round failure (not cause of Dirk mind you either, where was JET........or Kidd...........) we got another free agent. Sure the sign and trade possibilities are pretty low but I would have thought Dirk is a great complement to Yao. If you watch the Mavs all season he runs essentially the motion offence running of screens getting that short jumper, the three point shot. He would be LETHAL with Kevin Martin absolutely LETHAL. Yao in the block, Dirk, Kmart, Brooks, Ariza all spread out. IT would be lethal in my opinion

8. FaBo

FaBo Member

What's wrong with you?? I hate the Mavs, too, but what's wrong with Dirk? He's one of the best sports ever, so stop hating.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It's hard for our offense to run through a guy who hasn't played in a year. I don't know what you're talking about -- Dirk would easily fit into our offense. Easily. Not to mention, he'd become our #1 option -- so running the offense through Yao becomes less of a problem.

The "prototypical PF" for our team is a guy who can board and hit the outside shot. With Yao down low, it makes it less effective to have to have another body occupying the other side of the block. With a shooting PF, we could stretch the court more.

We've seen what happens when we start a "defensive garbage man" at the PF spot -- we play 4 on 5 on offense. That said, I don't want Dirk simply for my personal hate for him. And, I sincerely doubt Cuban would ever consider trading him to an in-state rival.

10. FaBo

FaBo Member

Well, Dirk's numbers are certainly impressive: 55% from the field, 57% from three, and 95% FT in the playoffs for 27ppg and also 8rpg and 3apg.
    Regular Season: 48% from the field, 42% from three, and 91% FT. 25ppg. Without a doubt - offensively - the best PF in the league.

11. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Yes.

It would matter what they would want in return for Dirk though.

I wouldn't trade the farm for Dirk, but I would trade for him if the deal was right.

12. bbjai

bbjai Member

I think they key point is how he plays

he can rebound
    he doesn't have a post game but he doesn't need to, he can hurt you from all over the floor doesn't matter where it is. You can run isos for him but he doesn't have to be the center. Yao can still be the center but with both him AND Dirk it would be crazy if you factor in K Mart sitting on the other wing.

I think in any sign and trade we would have to give up Brooks to be honest.

13. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Dirk is so easy to guard is ridiculous... The TNT announcers repeatedly said it over and over... hands up/body up and never bite on the pump fake.. he can't defend and he's a DALLAS MAVERICK!!! (aka the enemy) :p

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I guess the TNT announcers know something that no NBA coach knows.

"Easy to guard"? No.

1 person likes this.
  15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Never going to happen. To suggest otherwise means you don't understand very well how Mark Cuban works.

16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Dirk is spoiled! I dont think he would want to come here he knows that marc cuban spends money on the team and dosent mind goin into the luxury tax unlike the rockets that said if he leaves i see him going to a contending team other than us.

17. bigkstrong

bigkstrong Contributing Member

Oh, don't be so hard on the OP. After all, Dirk can't be that bad with a little of Carl Landry's DNA in him now. LOL

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Yeah seriously...Yao's much easier to guard than Dirk.

It would be a ridiculous mistake if Morey passed up on Dirk. He still has about 3 years left and I have a feeling so does Yao..Perfect situation if Cuban allows this to happen. Of course a much younger Bosh would be ideal. It's feels more probable than the Dirk scenario.

On the otherhand, what if Dirk was traded for Bosh...

19. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be awesome if he went to Houston and bit Cuban in the ass during the playoffs next year? :p

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Some of you guys are taking the Dallas hate way too far. Dirk is a hell of a player.