1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, Jan 13, 2015.

?

Would you trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan?

1. Yes! I would trade Dwight Howard for DeAndre Jordan

56 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. No! You are overreacting

136 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Ok first please hear me out. I love Dwight Howard as a player( when he plays to his strengths). But its no secret he has been playing like utter dog poo since he came back from injury( whether that is injury related or not.. i cant say for sure) But it seems we are wasting possessions whenever we decide to park him down in the post and force feed him the ball. For one he never passes out of the post, and the second biggest thing i hate about Dwight in the post is that he is a turnover machine down there. Its either he does the inside spin move that goes off his leg after a defender slaps it, or he straight up goes to wide and steps out of bounds. Its almost comical how bad this guy is in the post

On the other hand Donatas Motiejunas, he isnt afraid of the wolves. He needs MORE post touches. I think the rockets coaches know that, but are afraid to upset to Dwight's ego. Fact is Dwight has lost a step. He should only be focused on defense and rebounding.

This is where DeAndre Jordan comes in... first off can i say he is a native of Houston. And if you ever watch the clippers play like i do on league pass, and notice how DeAndre Jordan sets amazing screens and rolls to the basket for lobs, thats what Dwight could be doing for us. The Clippers use Blake Griffin on the post and DeANdre as their defensive anchor... we are doing the opposite with Dwight and DMo

I dont know if Doc rivers would approve of it, but i would do this deal in a heartbeat.. the way mason plumlee played last night setting screens showing off his athletic ability is how we need our center to play. Lets face it Dwight will never be Hakeem, so we should stop trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Its cringe worthy watching Dwight trying to post up guys like Marc Gasol, and Tyson Chandler

I say this as a true Rockets Fan. Dwight run pick and roll, play defense, or stay on the bench.. because with you off the floor and demanding your post ups our lead usually increases unless we are going up against the clippers or pelicans when his presence alone is somewhat needed.

2. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

maybe, maybe no...

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Lol

Even more funny is thinking Blake and Dj are anywhere near Dwight and demo defensively

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

OMG. Please stop people.

DWIGHT HOWARD IS NOT GOING TO GET TRADED

Just leave this crap at home.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

[​IMG][/spoiller]

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

What in the world?? I wouldn't mind trading Howard, but this is just stupid, especially given how Deandre has been playing, the guy looks like a scrub most of the time.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Might trade DH for CP3, Blake and a couple picks.

8. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Paul would turn Howard into an MVP candidate.

9. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

wow

Deandre is as follows( i pulled these numbers from basketball-reference)

#1 in total rebounds
    #2 in offensive rebounds
    #1 in defensive rebounds
    #1 in 2pt field goal percentage
    #1 in rebounds per game
    #1 in FG %
    #1 in defensive rebound %
    #1 in effective field goal percentage
    #3 in defensive win shares( james harden is number 2)
    #3 in offensive rating
    #3 in TS%
    #2 in blocked shots
    #3 blocks per game

10. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

no not even the great steve nash could get howard to run pick and roll... cp3 would get frustrated with Dwight and his horrible postups... the rockets i think would be better with DeAndre Jordan than Dwight

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Probably not .... Mainly because Jordan makes too much $$$ , doesn't shoot FT's any better and his post game is actually worse (Tho he doesn't demand those touches).

If the difference in salary were greater .... I'd consider it because they are very similar in skillset.

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Dmo would average 23/ 12 with the amount of post ups dwight gets... keep in mind DMo is already a decent defender and its basically an improvement to our offense.. because DeAndre loves running pick and roll and sets amazing screens.. Dwights post ups allow teams to come back on us when we have a big lead... the free-throw shooting is a wash they both suck at that. Keep in mind if Dwight played to his strengths i wouldnt even consider this trade

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The way he has been playing... numbers do not tell the whole story either. He's doing most of all that because of people creating for him and so much attention drawn by CP3, Blake and outside shooters that only thing he has to do is throw his big body around..

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

OP is a troll.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Ima save this thread right quick.....might be too late:

nsfw
    [​IMG]

OP, no. The end.

16. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Howard/Griffin/Paul + shooters = titles.

18. RedSnipe

RedSnipe Member

Lock this thread - OP is a moron

19. tnopham

tnopham Member

27-11, #1 in our division, 3rd in the West, and currently on a 4 game win streak. But let's forget all that and talk about trading away our franchise center. Seriously...WTF??? :confused:

When we start playing as bad as the Knicks is when things aren't working. Calm the eff down people. :mad:

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

OP - I see your point, and in all honesty Jordan would make the Rockets better than Howard, IMO.

I think folks are looking at yesteryear Dwight, and not at current day who wants to post up Dwight.

Still won't happen though.

DD