1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Clowney?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 2, 2014.

?

Would you trade Clowney?

1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    43.0%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. Give it a few weeks

17 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Only for a Herschel Walker - type haul

25 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I keep him only because his trade value is in the toilet.

If he tears it up next year on the field (not his knee) then i think long and hard about what i can get for him. He doesn't seem to care about football much.

If he has a 13 sack season next year and gets a pro-bowl selection would you trade him for 2 1st round picks? Right now i say yes.

2. SemisolidSnake

I'd echo "No, because he's not worth anything at this point."

In my life and business experience, though, I don't put a whole ton of stock in the whole idea that if you give a person enough time, they'll eventually mature into a valuable member of your team. First impressions are pretty damn accurate unless a person has some sort of personal epiphany. Right now, given his general demeanor, my gut is telling me that this guy stands a decent chance of being to the Texans what Royce White was to the Rockets. Even if that turned out to be true, I doubt he'd be moved until the end of next season.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

The only negative you can take from your first impression is that he is "injury prone". He hasn't been horrible the times he has played. I personally think the coaching staff is "letting" him sit out since Mercilus is playing well in his absence. They don't really need him at that position now.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We're not getting equal talent in return so forget it

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I've swayed back to the no side. Call it time and good PR.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No, if he returns to health then next year it will be like we drafted two first rounders. If the Texans were smart they would redshirt/eurostash for the rest of the year and get him strong and healthy for next year.

7. droopy421

droopy421 Member

We would have so much dead cap that it would never happen.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

How old is Clowney?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Clowney for RG3?

DD

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's 21

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure the Redskins would love to do that trade, but I doubt the Texans are stupid enough to go along with it. That would be almost as bad a trade as the one that got them RG3 to begin with.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

In a heartbeat. RG3 may never work out...but if he does, it's far more valuable than a defensive lineman...particularly if that defensive lineman can't get on the mother falcon field.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How old are his knees?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They're 21.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So somehow a little more than half a seasons worth of missed games from the 21 year old is outweighing the injury plagued 3 year career of RG3?

I know you've soured/made up your mind on Clowney... I'm just willing to give him and the coaching staff the rest of this year and next before doing the same.

By all means, he may never turn out to be better than Merciless... and that's with no injuries.... but I'm still willing to wait to figure it out.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would never trade Clowney for RG3. That's ludicrous. And I was the one who started the thread, originally voting an emphatic yes.

I'd be interested in Manziel for Clowney. Don't know if I'd do it, but I'd be curious.

I'm on the bandwagon for keeping him now. This team, I truly feel, is an above average quarterback, a healthy Clowney, and a good inside linebacker and safety away from competing with the big boys. Especially if Louis Nix can somehow magically replicate what Ryan Pickett has done. The linebacker can be found in the second round. The safety could be had in the first. The quarterback is the problem...maybe it's Mallett, probably not, but I think O'Brien likes him enough to try it out.

Of course, I'm assuming we could hit on our top two picks, which is sometimes a long shot.

17. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Y'all need to relax.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Is RG3 healthy?

Will he sign an extension?

Will he fully commit himself?

If "Yes" to all the above, of course I make the deal.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

RG3 is same as clowney, but on the offense, he is always injured, and looks very inmature.

also, I dont want to see another case of Texans trading another defensive player, that goes and plays great on other team (DeMeco Ryans, Connor Barwin, Chris Jones)