1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela/Gordon for LeBron in December assume that LeBron signs a supermax $210M?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballscientist1, Apr 25, 2018.

?

Would you trade Capela/Gordon for LeBron in December assume that LeBron signs a supermax $210M?

1. Yes.

45.4%
  2. No, he isn't worth Capela and Gordon.

54.6%
  1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The misinformation is that Gilbert and the Cav's have ANY leverage here that they could demand Capela as a part of the trade.

Gilbert and the Cavs are at the mercy of one Lebron James.

Just like CP3 last year was sent to the Rockets for matching salary and a bunch of backups aside from PatBev and draft considerations.

topfive and luckyman76 like this.
  2. BleedsRocketRed

You absolutely 100% make this deal. Because we get a better player than Ego and Clint combined.
    Look, i love Clint with every ounce of my rocket loving blood, but if you have a chance to get a top 3 all time player who can give you 3 solid years left of GOAT production... YOU DO IT. Fill in the pieces later.

Paul, Harden, James + our core and maybe deandre, or another athletic big would be without question a 3-peat dynasty

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

If we can get D. Jordan for the cheap, then you make this trade everyday and twice on sunday. No questions asked.

Bittersweet to lose Gordon, but Lebron is Lebron.

I also do this trade for Paul George as well btw.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Same here, hate losing EGawd and Capela, but for a 3-year run with a real good chance to add 3 championships, Morey would do this trade. No question.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lots of people are rushing to conclusions but we don't even know how good this team really is. If we win it all this year, I don't want to mess that up. But if we get stomped by the Warriors with a now healthy Curry a lot of opinions may be changed.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Only way i could see this making any kind of sense, is if gordan continues to struggle and we get bounced in the next round without making it to the conference finals, or we get swept in the conference finals. If we take the warriors to at least 6 in the conference finals, we shouldnt break up the team to add him.

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

If we get stomped by GS or don’t take them to at least the 6 games tight, I’d do some variation of this trade. If we lose in 7 to GS or in the finals then we just need an incremental improvement.

In that case I’d go for the PG13 + Melo (filler) for Ego + Anderson trade.

8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Absolutely not. We've seen this year that 2 stars + depth is better than 3 stars (Houston compared to OKC). I can't stand Lebron and there's no guarantee that the egos and chemistry would mix with CP3, Harden, and Lebron. We do know that our team as currently constructed is a juggernaut. There's no indication that we would get stomped by GS in the WCF. It will be a tight series and I would come back at them next year with a virtually identical roster if we lose.

9. ballscientist1

IF both Chris Paul and Gordon continues to struggle in the playoffs, Rockets need to make some change.

Good point! If we take the warriors to at least 6 in the conference finals, we shouldnt break up the team to add him.

5 games = trade

6 games = no trade

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If we beat a fully healthy warriors team this year I wouldn’t do it. If we don’t then I’d probably say yes.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

I simply cannot believe the GARM is voting no to trading 2 role players for arguably the greatest player of all-time.

If the Rockets do not win the championship this year (and especially if they do not even win the West), ask this question again and I guarantee the responses are totally different.

Also, look at our own history. To repeat in 1995, we had to make a major trade.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You cannot use OKC as that example. As good as Westbrook is, he is not a team player, thus reducing the value of a 3 stars concept.

Zergling and topfive like this.
  13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

True, OKC’s Big 3 is different from Miami or Boston’s Big 3 in years’ past..but those teams arguably had better depth, coaching, chemistry, etc. Houston has that championship pedigree with our core.

Lebron, as talented as he is, is a wild card to our current magical formula

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I Don't disagree with your premise at all .... just that the trade proposed should be realistic , not founded on the idea of tearing the roster apart when Cleveland would have No Leverage to make any demands. Lebron will be calling the shots by giving Cleveland the opportunity to get some return in exchange for sending him to his preferred destination rather than the nothing they would get otherwise.
    Ryno's $20m would be the bulk of the salary matching with some combination that equals $8.7m making up the rest - Morey wouldn't be parting with Capela .... and Cleveland wouldn't want the salary in return keeping them in luxury tax territory for a team that's destined for the lottery.
    Ryno wouldn't even be a Cav (for long) , he'd be shipped elsewhere before the deadline if not immediately by getting a 3rd team involved .... they'd be acquiring picks and tanking it up.

This mess shoulda just been stuck in the random trade thread and ignored It didn't deserve its own thread having Zero merit.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

OKC doesn’t even have 3 stars...they have Russ, PG, and then washed Melo

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

this

there are people who didn’t even want to give up Gordon for Paul George acting like they were actually close as players

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't like LeBron and don't want him stealing the credit from Harden. So theres that.

At some point I can't just cheer for clothing, I have to have some sort of a positive feeling for the players.

18. Wylo

Wylo Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endowment_effect

"In psychology and behavioral economics, the endowment effect (also known as divestiture aversion in social psychology) is the hypothesis that people ascribe more value to things merely because they own them...People will tend to pay more to retain something they own than to obtain something they do not own—even when there is no cause for attachment, or even if the item was only obtained minutes ago."

Zergling likes this.
  19. ballscientist1

1. There could be a conflict between LeBron and Tillman. LeBron wants more talents around him, which may spend more money than Cavs
    Irving + Love = 35 million dollars a year
    Harden + Paul = 70 million dollars a year (luxury taxes consideration) + Ryan

2. There could be a conflict between LeBron and Harden. Harden does not have a big heart as Curry does. He could refuse to become 2nd banana.

I understand no one agrees with me, but it's possible,

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Can we go ahead and kill this thread? Lol at everyone who voted "No, he isn't worth Capela and Gordon."

GORDON!? Hahahahaha