1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. jb86

jb86 Member

@YOLO my bad I forgot that you know everything about basketball.

hakeem94 and basketballholic like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

says the guy who posts Stop debating with people that don't really understand the game of basketball.

we should all listen to someone who posts:

"It's time to put him out there and hold KD because obviously we don't have anyone else that can hold him. At least Zhou Qi has the length to create some kind of resistance. I think he can really help us on the defensive end."

Zboy and topfive like this.
  3. jb86

jb86 Member

You're just mad because I was right about the Melo thing. Man let that ish go.

4. jb86

jb86 Member

@YOLO you are a good debater though. You never give up.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

about what Melo thing? there's 0 to be right about when the year hasn't even started

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not much of a debate going on when the people are clueless though

7. jb86

jb86 Member

@YOLO Ok well then be silent. Are you mad?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. ive been laughing all morning

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Capela's contract isn't that big of a risk. 16-18 mill will be a solid value deal regardless of where he falls with the incentives. Any big who brings similar value will get a very similar contract once off their rookie deals, if they don't it's simply because they aren't bringing the same production.

There's not many better then Capela out there that are on cheap deals (under 10 mill), you can argue guys like Poeltl or Nance could do a similar job but their rookie deals are going to end and they will get paid too. Capela is hitting his prime and will likely stay in his prime longer than the duration of his contract, he's just what this roster needs in terms of potential and production.

If we can package him for a star (Hi Jimmy&Dieng) I'll help pack Capela's bags. I'm all for signing vet min guys like Nogueria/E.Moreland to see if they can break out and replace Capela, but moving Capela for a proven nothing burger for the sake of getting rid of his fair contract is silly.

#609 ThatBoyNick, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    topfive likes this.
  10. basketballholic

When I know I'm wrong about Thon not having the potential to surpass Capela I will gladly about it.

I do not know that two years in to Thon's career.

If you check my post history I've gone oh record before many times when I missed on a player.

Look through my posts on Kawhi. I missed on him at the draft. I thought Morris was better. I thought Leonard's hands were too big for him to ever become an effective shooter. I have fessed up to missing on him repeatedly.

But the jury is still out here. I still believe Thon will have the better career. But I do think we'll have a better idea on my accuracy on that shortly. Thon quill hands to show improvement this coming season and in his 4th year. But he's capable of doing that. And if he does...well.....you see...the jury is still out. And Capela could become a unicorn. He could become a very good 3-point shooter. It's not probable going into his 5th season. But it's still possible.

I hope I am wrong. I hope Capela turns into a unicorn. But I don't currently see that happening.

11. basketballholic

Depends on how he played. Noel is the more talented player. But his character is terrible. He might have melted down. Dunno. Capel has way better character. Noel has more game to offer if he could get his head screwed on straight.

12. basketballholic

There's nothing dinosaur about believing bigs need to be able to shoot the 3 to be offensive difference makers in today's NBA.

13. basketballholic

I'll be surprised if Qi doesn't become the backup 5 this season. You think he's trash. I've seen enough that I'm convinced he's a defensive difference maker that can pop the spot up 3 for us just the way we want it on top of diving to the rim. Will be interesting to see what happens with him in camp. Hopefully he stays healthy.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who is the better player? your 4 point and 4 rebound guy or Capela? Who is going to get us more wins THIS year?

topfive and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, the "Rubio" auto correct once again. SMH.

#616 Deuce, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  17. basketballholic

Dunno. Have no idea what they've been doing this summer.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We had no chemistry with Howard and I'd be willing to bet that you think he was more talented. Chemistry and willingness to run the plays Capela runs isn't easy to find. Hartenstein isn't exactly killing it and he's slow compared to Cap. Clint has springy action that can't be taught. It makes him an elite finisher above the rim and an elite rebounder. There's absolutely no way that we can just find that on the street and Hartenstein isn't going to become an elite rebounder or finisher at the rim overnight.

Face it, Clint is the perfect player for this system. We found our Amare Stoudemire in him and Dwight Howard was never going to be that player. He was unwilling to be the player that Clint is and I'm super happy he is. I mean a team that respects him as much as the Warriors did is huge. He shaped the way the Warriors played defense when the MVP and Chris Paul were on the floor. That's because he's the best option in basketball if you don't defend him the right way.

You don't trade players that force the hand of opposing defenses. Jordan Bell and Hartenstein aren't players that teams sag from and you're acting like they'd be magnets if they played with Harden. Sure. I also have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

#618 don grahamleone, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. basketballholic

Capela is a dinosaur until and unless he learns how to shoot the 3. He's not perfect for this team. He's simply all we have managed to develop. We need three point shooting at the 5. The perfect center for this team is one that can shoot the three and switch defend smalls while still gobbling up boards. That's not Capela. At least not Capela up until now.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Your argument against Capela used to be that he wasn't a good rim protector. After he showed last year that he could excel at that (especially during the playoffs), you're now claiming his lack of a 3-point shot is what makes him a less-than-average center.

Moving the goalpost doesn't win arguments. Back to the spreadsheet!