1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're not wrong. Cap had been out of the highlights for the most part by the Warriors series, but Green was so occupied by Cap that he was ineffective at doing his 'guard-the-whole-court' thing. Clint definitely helped us get to a 3-2 lead and he would have pushed us to the finals had CP stayed healthy. I mean the kid was going 10 and 10 for that series and they focused their defense on him. He also scored 20 in game 7 which shows me he's got clutch in his blood. How on Earth would Mr. 5 and 4 Maker (when you round up) improve the team over Clint. You're just bullshitting here.

I ain't against you. You know that, but I'm against this opinion that Clint Capela is trash. Dude is a highlight reel, he plays defense, he's becoming a great rebounder and he shows up when it counts. Time to move on. Maker is obviously weak. He's never going to turn into some highly coordinated KD type. He's not trash, but he's also no Clint Capela.

Clint performed well enough to beat the Warriors. We just needed health on our side.

Deuce, BaselineFade, D-rock and 12 others like this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well the funny thing is at least Capela has highlights against the Warriors.

Thong maker doesn't even have any highlights becausw he is just averaging 4.8 pts and 3 rebs for the Bucks.

Holic should just admit that he was wrong and Capela turned out way better than Thing Maker.

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Why be forced to choose? In a few years maybe we can pick up Thong Maker to be Clint's backup for the minimum.

4. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Dude, you just said in your previous post that has been quoted here repeatedly 'show me those highlights, that's what it's all about'

And now you get shown those highlights and you have literally gone 180 saying lowlights matter more.

Contrary to your posts it isn't all about the Warriors. We had to get through the TWolves and Jazz who both have strong frontcourts. I don't think we would have beat those teams without Capela's lowlights against the Jazz.

We all have our biases, it would certainly help your case to acknowledge it here.

roslolian, D-rock, BMoney and 3 others like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Out of the limited rhetorical strategies that you had left, you chose the best one. I will at least give you credit for that.

6. StevieCrossover

NEH, no trade. Capela has too much value to the team and has already established the pick and roll. Capela has shown a drive to play hard and can hit free throws at a decent percentage.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s wonderful how foolish and petty you look in here.

arabrocket likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

@malakas should chime in on how bad this post looks now. From the sense I get Bucks fans and pretty low on Maker nowadays.

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Jesus christ lock thread

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The funny thing is Holic doesn't actually think Thon Maker is more valuable than Capela. He's just gotta stay on brand. Gotta stay stubborn. For what reason? I do not know.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Don't need a reason to be stubborn, that's the root cause. Plus when you've argued something so vehemently I'm sure pride gets in the way as well.

Deckard and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

You put your Maker in,
    You take your Capela out.
    You put your Uthoff in,
    And you shake it all about.
    You do the Holic pokey
    And you condescend to everyone and refuse to admit when you're wrong...

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is actually a pretty funny thread

anyone taking Maker over Capela should be banned from talking basketball...Capela is better, more impactful, and more valuable

D-rock likes this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Holic needs a new drug, because basketball ain't it.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

16. Pete the Cheat

No one you have suggested trading for would break the rotation vs the warriors. And most would ride the bench during the regular season.

Admit this was a dumb ass thread already

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

For someone who thinks so highly of themselves, holic really has a shockingly bad grasp of knowledge surrounding the NBA.

Shockingly bad grasp.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wait a minute... are you saying, "Capela should be developed as a super athletic, super long stretch 4 with a face up game" was a bad idea? :D

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You're terrible at this.

I suggest you stop soon. Please and Thank You.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

That's just who 'holic is.

Refresher: when Romney lost to Obama in 2012, he vowed to leave the board (this was after he had made a bet with @Zboy that if Obama won, he would stop posting here). When Obama won, ZBoy gave him a really decent out and proposed that if 'holic (then jopatmc) were to make a (decidedly modest) $25 donation to the tipjar, they could call the bet off. He then added:

Guess which option our man chose?

Dude just has a pathological need to save face.

Deuce, Rashmon, topfive and 5 others like this.