1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

That's what it's all about

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's what it's all about. i bet whatever few capela doubters like you are left forgot he threw DG and KD's shots with 0 help from anyone else

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thon Maker and Zhou Qi gonna lock down Rudy Gobert, Karl Anthony Towns and Draymond Green and the Warriors.

Can't wait!

luckyman76, hakeem94 and YOLO like this.
  4. basketballholic

Yep those are the highlights.

One play where Capela gambled and beat Curry. What's not shown is all the plays where Capela gambled and Curry burnt him....over and over and over.

See....this is all you've got. This is it. Out of all the possessions....this is it. A couple blocks. A gamble block on Curry. Getting lost in a Warriors switch and gamble and getting a couple dunks. Helping off weakside on a Durant post up. Those are all great plays. But half them he was simply the beneficiary of the system, the defense focusing on Harden/Paul and letting him go, and the Warriors offensive play breaking down a couple times. But he did come up strong on a couple challenges at the rim by Draymond and Durant.

Overall though.....our defense was better with him sitting. Know why? Because the lowlights far outweigh the highlights. There's far more possessions where he got switched and iso'd against Curry and Durant and got torched. And there's far more possessions where Draymond is defending the middle and Capela can't get a lob/putback or anything going because Draymond is shutting it down.

You have to watch the games. Not just a measly few highlight plays. This is those measly few.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sheesh. Rename poster humiliaholic, because he's addicted to being humiliated by his own basketball takes.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He makes buckets and catches those lobs instead of thongs.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

you yourself specifically asked for highlights, yet you come back with your typical posts to disregard something. How ironic but everyone here knows to not be surprised

You have to watch the games is the new Yule C. One of the many gimmicks to use when you refuse to not be locked into your own personal tunnel vision

8. basketballholic

Actually I'm humbled by my takes. I'm old. I've been watching NBA basketball for over 44 years. I'm confident in what I see when I watch the whole game. It's the whole game that counts. Not just a handful of cherry picked possessions over the course of 7 games.

9. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Thon. Maker. For. Clint. Capela.

seeingred likes this.
  10. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Watch your grammar

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I see where @basketballholic is coming from though I strongly disagree. He wasn’t as ineffective against the Warriors as you are making it seem; he also killed it in Game 7’s first half; but I guess he wasn’t as effective as he was in the first two rounds. What you’re saying is he can get us great returns in a trade and those returns would be more effective against the Warriors, correct?
    You can’t overlook the fact that we had an easy route to the conference finals and anyone we get in return for Capela would probably have made it a longer series against either Minny or Utah. He outplayed Karl and Rudy, and it wasn’t because of the team. He stepped up on his own against their bigs and got it done, not to mention helped make it difficult against those teams’ slashers. If we had gone an extra game against the Jazz and Wolves it could have led to more fatigue against the Warriors. And next year I think the road to the conference finals will be even more difficult.

luckyman76, craguin, topfive and 2 others like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Clint averaged 10 ppg, 11 rpg, and 1 bpg on 72% from the field over the course of that series. About 28 minutes per game.

About par with what he did over the regular season.

hakeem94 and YOLO like this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Person A: Show me the highlights!
    Person B: Here are the highlights.
    Person A: Pffft, those are just highlights.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's that record when James, CP3, and Capela play? It's about winning, right? We were good enough to have a title stolen last year.

#494 Plowman, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, no one wants to post a fellow cfnet's video of Kerr/Green's stupid defense of Capela in Game 1 and 2. It's the best one out there to show Capela's impact vs GSW. :)

I showed countless plays of Green's gimmick defense on Capela allowing easy scores by the drivers and ball movement, because Kerr watched the Utah and Minny series and was so freaking worried about the Capela vertical game that he essentially went to an extreme (and risky) defense.

Kerr assigning Green to Capela's hip took Green completely out of Game 1 and 2.

When Kerr changes his defense to stop Capela and leave the driving lane more open, that says a lot about Capela's game. The Death Lineup could not handle us. Kerr had to switch to playing more 2-Big lineups.

You refuse to acknowledge what Kerr planned and did with Green, and how we destroyed it, because Iggy got injured and Paul got injured and adjustments had to be made on both sides which made things easier for Green. That provides you with reasons to ignore the Game 1 and 2 failure of the Death Lineup.

Fact still remains, the Death Lineup was not going to beat us with their gimmick defense of our Harden/Capela vertical game.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

And then...
    Your lack of consistency is cute, BH.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was waiting for someone to bring this up! This is the Capela effect. I completely agree! Kerr changed his whole defense to stop the threat of Capela lobs. Highlights of WCF series can't truly show Capela's impact on the series.

HakeemOnlyFan and harold bingo like this.
  19. lionaire

lionaire Member

Well now that this debate has a clear answer, Thon Maker or Zhou Qi???

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Capela is the best big in the NBA at keeping up with guards and wings. The fact that he can't guard Curry - one of the most potent offensive guards in NBA history - is the silliest, most ridiculous thing to use as evidence of whether Capela is good at it in comparison to other bigs.

Show us the videos of other big men consistently guarding Steph freaking Curry. NOT JUST HIGHLIGHTS, WE WANT CONSISTENCY.

Ridiculous. Capela is, at worst, top 3 in the league among big men for this particular skill. Two teams drafted players (Mitchell Robinson and Robert Williams) who have been dubbed potential Clint Capela clones. That's where this thing is headed.