1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats all he does. double down year after year. if capela was playing as sorry as maker has for the last 2 years, you wouldn't hear the end of it. but apparently maker's 2 reb in 20 mins a game in the playoffs are such big news and capela hasn't proved anything. oh and his defense isn't any good. holic is a 50 year old garbage poster who's in the wrong sport

capela hater from the day he was drafted. still one to this day. double down, triple down, itll go on and on.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Trying to be fair, I can see the logic that some thon maker fans are sprouting. Maker does have a height advantage and IF given the chance of playing with cp3 and harden, his stats might replicate capela or even better (doubtful). I still believe you have to take into the chemistry and the work ethic that capela has with the rocket organization, he's improving every year. There's a reason why the trio of capela, harden, and paul is like 40ish-5, paul is a point god, but harden and capela has that long ass chemistry.
    I don't believe capela needs to shoot 3's, he should just focus on catching ez assist, improving free throws, and defense.
    While i can see the other side point, rallying around that side is basically agreeing with the infamous statement, "we not gonna make it into playoffs with capela as starting center."

Pretty stupid if u ask me.

saleem likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

The minute capela has an off game in the playoffs just keep an eye on who'll make a quick appearance. extremely easy call #yulec

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

You guys need to cut Holic some slack. He's freaking out right now because his entire ClutchFans shtick is being the only guy knowledgeable enough about basketball to know exactly what's wrong with this team and how to fix it. The farther we go in the playoffs, the more his prescriptions for what ails us look silly. He's in full-on panic mode these days.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If Thong Maker made thongs for the strippers Harden frequents..... Bad joke that went nowhere.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Did anyone get the highlights of Maker scoring 4 points and getting 5 fouls while going 0-4 from 3 in 26 minutes? We could really use a guy like that!

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sorry, I can't get behind this assessment at all. Qi appears to me to be intelligent and has some nice skillsets, but I am not even convinced he can be a full time rotation player. He has the look to me of a fringe rotation player at best.

And you might not have faith in Capela, but Qi will never be close to what Capela is right now in my opinion.

My opinion on Capela is he has his faults and one of them is consistency and being bullied. BUT, he has a decent ceiling that can be accessed. This has been proven and we saw it in the 1st round. Can he maintain it? No idea. But it has been "tapped." I don't see Qi being able to achieve that ceiling.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

If it ain't broke... why trade Capela. You think Harden, CP3, and Maker on the floor will be that much better than Harden, CP3, and Capela? By the time that chemistry solidifies, if at all, CP3 is already retired and not to mention wasting Harden's prime years.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

11 fouls in the last 2 games. but maker has turned the corner #yulec

bulkatron likes this.
  10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Did holic just suggest Qi is better...?

topfive likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kinda looks like it

topfive likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

A little technique of his called "Quadrupling Down."

BigMaloe and Os Trigonum like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What is more outrageous.

1) Saying Qi is better now defensively than Capela?
    2) Or saying Qi has NBA Defensive Player of the Year potential?

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

holic is playin 3-D chess out here y'all

Just wait

Yule C

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Qi is the key to stopping Durant

Rockets are just wrapping him up in cotton wool until the WCF and then unleash him on Durant

Wheel C

ilovehtownbb and Louka like this.
  16. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

lmao like I've mentioned in another thread, Greek does not translate well

17. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

why?

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes if they included Gianis and Aidra Fox for free.

19. dmoneybangbang

I’ve watched one playoff series verses an up and coming superstar in KAT. On top of a full season in which Capela took another step forward.

Nah. We arent in a position to take a gamble on Maker, he is still a project.

Doesn’t need to add a 3 pointer, his elite finishing creates gravity to where a defender has to be on his hip in the PNR. Not every center needs to be a 3 point shooter if they have another elite offensive skill.

He actually is... Capela is actually playing better by defense in real NBA games. All you have is potential, we don’t need potential on this rockets team.

ilovehtownbb, YOLO and topfive like this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How are your boys busty Samuel Dekker and "coach" Kevin McFail doing? Are they also projects? LMAO