1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

would you take luka doncic now or james harden from age 20-30 starting now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Nov 24, 2019.

?

would you take luka doncic now or james harden from age 20-30 starting now?

1. doncic now

60.7%
  2. 20 year-old harden now

39.3%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

And this is why I wanted us to whoop them yesterday,...welp we got three more chances to bury these dudes....sigh.

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Luka averages 30 points a game shooting 50% and over 34% from the 3 point line both better percentages than James Harden. I am a big fan of James Harden, but Luka is just more efficient. To James's benefit, the sample size is small, but to say an argument cannot be made for this IMO is incorrect.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

why not both? :rolleyes:

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The scary part about Luka is, I'm not sure they've turned him up yet. Cuban was talking about increasing his minutes as the season goes on so he doesn't burn out early. His game's silly.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

He's been playing weak ass defenses, inlcuding us, call me when he dominates the league for years.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

if all that matters was field goal percentages then Giannis who is averaging 30 on 56% shooting must be a better scorer than Harden too

Has Luka averaged 36 a game? Has he averaged 38 a game? Has he scored the most points/100 possessions in NBA history? Is he the hardest player in the NBA to game plan for? Would he have the Clippers doubling him at halfcourt all game? Would he have the Bucks and Jazz scrapping their defensive principles and implementing some radical scheme in order to stop him? No, I don’t think so. Stop being disrespectful to Harden.

Harden is 1 of the greatest scorers in NBA history, and Luka in his 2nd season has already surpassed him? Lmao, yeah right...

King1 likes this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Morey would ruin Luka and tell him to stop taking any shots besides threes and layups. Luka has a diverse offensive repertoire. Harden had one as well until Morey got to him.

8. MystikArkitect

Probably Luka. I've seen Harden and what he brings and its great. Amazing. Top 30 player all time.

Luka has more fire in him than Harden does. It comes easily to James but hes still an oaf a lot of times. I know what Harden brings so I know what I'm getting. Luka we dont know yet but man....that foundation looks impressive. I'd take him over any player in the NBA right now in their primes not named Lebron.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why not both?

I would take fatboy Luca to play off the bench to give Harden some extended rest.

I think Luca could have had a serviceable.career playing alongside Harden and learning from him on a nightly basis.

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Luka. It's not even up for debate.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Can I take Harden on a rookie salary?

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Teams aren’t zeroing in him like harden either with double team/zone schemes. Until he gets pressured day in day out and consistently ball for 10 years then a discussion can be made.

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Agreed. Stupid. No ones taking about trae young tho. Dude can just ball out of his mind. Look out for him in my opinion. Doncic doesn’t impress me much. Btw harden is smaller and consistently dominates over bigger defenders.

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

How come no one is talking about trae young lol. If you’re going to compare players why are we comparing pg/sg to a SF? Lol No one on this board is talking about trae young who in my opinion is the next big thing. Poise, confidence, smarts and a skills to match

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

These threads are stupid. Absolutely stupid.

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Hate these dumbass threads and they need to be banned. All on hypotheticals and what ifs and a small body of work. Oh by the way there’s another 2nd year guy no one is talking about. Trae young.

Rocket River likes this.
  17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I read it as who would you take at age 20. That would be the kid. But if it was over the age 20-30 I’d chose harden.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

why should they be. one guy is taking the steps towards actually leading his team to wins w/ numbers in the toughest conference at 20. while having an mvp campaign

the other is still learning and has a ways to go to put each one together and not close to being an mvp

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What? Trae Young might be a reboot of the loser point guard. The NBA hasn't had one in a while.

Let's not be sensitive when a new guy steps on the block. Harden is still better overall and is proven. The projection doesn't look good, though. We'll see what Doncic could do in the playoffs. If he turns up...

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s not what people are talking about. They are talking about his numbers, production. Comparing him to directly James harden. How many playoff series has doncic been in? Trae young is no doubt leading his team and is a very good player already. They just don’t have the same talent level. But for some reason people on this board seem so hyped up about doncic.