1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you take Dwight Howard for the vet minimum?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by UrbanEnterprise, Jul 5, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight Howard Bro. :D

Apples to Oranges as Beard plays like Wilt, and Dwight attempts a last second pitch for his !6th! team to feed all his Baby Mommas.

Also, what was the issue with Beard and CP3? They seem pretty good to me. The only issue is that CP3 did not show up to play. You want your players to enjoy losing? Is that why you are a Dwight butthole poker?

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only if Dwight agrees to a $12.5k fine every time he fails to execute a pnr.

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Verified.

And yet, people want to blame James Harden for Dwight’s childishness. Imagine... How much evidence does one person need? If you don’t fault Dwight now, what would it take???

roslolian likes this.
  4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I mean, I get not loving everything Harden does, but blaming him for Dwight Howard at this point is pretty remarkable.

CP3/Harden don’t like losing, so of course they are going to get a little pissy. What’s the big deal? o_O That’s how leaders should act. Only difference is CP3 didn’t show up to play, Harden largely did.

linvetb6 and Reeko like this.
  5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I would for the vet min. He just needs to stfu and do what’s asked of him. If not, cut him, low risk...

BigDog63 and bilaal14 like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I'm a results kinda guy Dwight still spearheaded Rox first WCF appearance since Hakeem and it is still the highest the Rox have come to this day. so despite all the drama he caused his tenure was still worth it imo.

coachbadlee likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's a high risk of time wastage and lost opportunities for other vets. Rox are reportedly after Mcgee, Chandler those guys wont sign if Dwight is already on the squad.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah why not. See if they could hate the rockets even more than they already do lol

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Vet Min? Yes. I think he'd be fine...probably surprise some folks.

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Dwight would be perfect as a back...as long as he can do what he is told...and not try to be something that he isnt.

12. cebu

cebu Member

there r indeed stupid questions..

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

If you get Dwight...who cares? No room for more than 1 of them anyway.

That changes if Capella is traded and you need a starter...but that makes getting Dwight at vet min all the better. You can find a backup center, doesn't need to be McGee or Chandler. In fact...why those two? McGee was fine, seems to have gotten over the things that made up a sports center highlight (not in a good way), but still a career backup guy. Chander was GREAT...in 2011. I honestly didn't know he was even still playing. He'd be me, with height (not a good thing).

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

These forums are so backwards. Wound't take dwight back, but want to go after westbrook and have him destroy our team knowing he has absolutely no place here. Same people who thought melo would work out

15. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

McGee has been resigned with LA, hes not going anywhere. So you can shoot that out the windows. Our options are limited on big guys. Chadler has expressed 0 interest.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I've been consistent not wanting knuckleheads on the team. We already got some tension between Cp3 and Harden you want to add a locker room cancer to the mix

17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

dwight is a low risk/moderate reward player. If we get him for the low, he comes in an stirs up **** with the team, we bench him. It's not like we would invest much in him, unlike westbrook. **** starts in the locker room with him, you can't just toss him on the bench like you could dwight. The dude is ready to take a back seat to help a team.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

I made a post in the dish about Dwight he basically says the same thing every time he looks for a new team:

A) Mature in Atlanta:
    https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story...a-comments-on-winning-nba-championship-070616

B) Mature in Hornets:
    https://www.wbtv.com/story/35753317/a-more-mature-dwight-howard-ready-to-help-the-charlotte-hornets/

C) Mature in Wizards:
    https://www.si.com/nba/2018/07/25/dwight-howard-wizards-offseason-future-john-wall-bradley-beal

Funny how him being mature doesn't help, his team always tries to get rid of him ASAP.

It's not about just taking a dude and benching him he can also be a distraction and take sides between CP3 and Harden and egg on one against the other. Last year a Melo risk was justifiable because everybody is Kumbayah this year everybody is tense, people are upset they can be traded anytime the last thing you want is Dwight pouting and making everything toxic.

19. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I wouldnt want him on the Rockets if he paid ME the vet minimum. I would let him though thats a lot of money!

Elephant810 likes this.
  20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

he'd be a good replacement for Nene, but is he willing to come off the bench behind Capela? I mean we do need a backup center right?