1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, May 11, 2014.

?

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

1. Yes

18.5%
  2. No

81.5%
  1. downbytheriver

I feel bad because this has really backfired on the Asian American community. it is tough enough for them socially and to not be judged by peers but now its become worse as their messiah turned out to be the token guy. Worse,it exposed Morey for being influenced by the media and the stereotype that a guy from Harvard will be smart.... Not just well connected or an affirmative action beneficiary.

When guys like Darren collison have runs better than lins 2 week run, for a longer time, it goes unnoticed with no contract because black guys get hot all the time and he needs to work his way up. Whereas lin got an entire community drowned by insecurities behind him to boost his stock, all this talk about racism (which had nothing to do with him being u drafted) and a sucker like Morey from MIT, never dribbled a ball in his life, fell line, punch and sinker for it. THAT'S why gm's dont take him seriously and vote him outside top 10.

all the while, me and my brother in law who have watched since the 80s were wondering..... Is this really happening? teams will draft a gay guy like Michael Sam in the 7th round for some publicity.. But no one is giving him a big contract cuz he's gay and everyone else is straight. lin became what we thought he was, and looking at the big picture it's hurt his community more because they tried to sell hardcore fans snake oil and now are the butt of many jokes everywhere (I live in cal). Lesson is next time.. Walk before you talk

2. downbytheriver

Fans always complain about bad players. If rafer had 5 million street ballers in china defending every bad thing said about him, the site would have crashed.

3. Penetrate&Creat

Lmfao at all the yes votes

strong troll poll

4. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

5. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

First and foremost, I am a fan of good, fundamental basketball. That includes sharing the ball, playing defense, and working as a TEAM. Besides the Rox, I also follow the Spurs and Clippers.

I've already lost 95% of my interest in the Rockets after the team evolved into the Harden ISO, no D, no coach, streetball mess that we see now. The remaining 5% of my interest will be gone when they trade away Jeremy Lin.
    And it's not because of Lin, but because it's a further step of what Morey and McHale are doing to this franchise. Instead of building team chemistry, and a system that works, they are trying to buy their way to a championship with max salary superstars. Trying to convince Les that they need 3 or 4 superstars just to get out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

Constantly flipping around players before they even get a chance to gel. Keeping an incompetent head coach, a proven failure btw, who's job it is to coddle up to superstar egos and NEVER holds them accountable for defensive lapses or jacking up bad shots. These are the symptoms of a flawed franchise that looks good on paper, but will slowly implode when put to the test. No direction on this team. 3 max players, surrounded by 12 minimum-wage contracts and D-League call ups.
    It never worked for the Knicks, and it won't work in Houston, enjoy the downward spiral to mediocrity and irrelevance.

6. lastreg

lastreg Member

I will still watch rockets game.

But what he says is TRUE.

7. yysmer

yysmer Member

Great thread. Some fans should really read this instead of blaming a certain player who makes one mistake in one game.

8. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Yet it worked for the Miami Heat.

9. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Shane Battier, Ray "fcking" Allen, Birdman. Their "benchwarmers" are better then most starters. Plus Miami actually plays like a team.

Not Rockets iso Harden, post up Dwight ball.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We'll be sad to see you go... nah, not really. Later.

11. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

Who's to say we wouldn't get those kind of free agents with a 3rd max player?

12. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Because Miami isn't playing with 3 max players. Bosh, Wade and Lebron all took paycuts to not hamper their team. Unless Les is willing to pay taxes, Rockets won't get free agents like that. Plus the talent berth in Lebron vs Harden/Dwight is a vast gulf the size of the grand canyon.

13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

LOL 77pct yes!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

14. dback816

dback816 Member

Nice try.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

How can someone say they're a fan of good fundamental basketball and like Jeremy Lin?

He's literally the anti thesis of it, he's what happens if Russell Westbrook has crap handles, no court awareness, very little self confidence, and can't defend....

Out of control basketball and good fundamental basketball are complete opposites.

I've never really understood the whole cult of personality, but man, it turns people into complete idiots where up is down and left is right.

Kyle Lowry on the other hand whilst having a history of doucheness plays basketball in a way that would be described as good fundamental basketball, it's literally who he is, and we would rather him for just that very reason.

#195 Aleron, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  16. Rox7

Rox7 Member

17. archinkent

archinkent Member

I am sure most of the Yes votes are troll votes, since it's anonymous. I was even thinking of voting Yes for the fun of it but decided to not to at the end.

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

19. Neped

Neped Member

Harden is not LBJ.

20. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

The sad part is that Les will see this poll, and then convince Morey to keep Lin............