1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still support this team if James and Morey left?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jerryclark, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Would you still support this team if James and Morey left?

1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

22.2%
  1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

"When boomers discover memes"

2. onreego

onreego Member

Always been and always will be a Houston Rockets fan.

Tilman has just been sent to test my spirit.

[​IMG]

Remlap and steddinotayto like this.
  3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

It's the HOUSTON rockets not harden/Morey rockets. I will always support them as long as they are in Houston

steddinotayto likes this.
  4. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

You mean the GM who picked Dwight Howard over Andre Iguodala in free agency?
    Who passed on Draymond Green three times in the 2012 NBA Draft, drafting two power forwards in the first round who were complete dogs?
    You Mean the guy that picked Marcus Morris over Kawhi Leonard in the 2011 NBA Draft?
    Or the guy that cut Shaun Livingston and Robert Covington on team friendly contracts right before the season started?
    Or the guy that put the Rockets in their current terrible predicament with no draft picks, no developmental players, two aging contracts nearing 90 million dollars of the team's salary cap - that essentially do the same thing, except one cannot shoot at all, but both play-making initiators on offense, that don't play a lick of defense.
    Or the guy who thought is was a good idea to extend Eric Gordon to a contract where he couldn't be traded this year?
    Or the guy who set the Clippers organization up with all those assets in a Chris Paul opt-in trade, when he could have just signed him outright in free agency, and gotten picks for trading away players to make room for Chris Paul's salary. We sure had to give a first round pick to RENT Lou Williams for a couple of months!

You mean that guy Morey....?

Yeah....I think I can get by with a new GM for the Rockets

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think some on here weren't around when Keith Bogans played 30-40 minutes a night in a Rockets uniform because McGrady and Yao missed like half a season each. Now THOSE were trying times.

6. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

I swear Morey is a "support pony" for some of you Rocket Fans.

SkillzThatKillz likes this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

For those that have a hard time comprehending this concept, this has nothing to do with being a "Harden only fan" or a "Morey only fan".

Coming from someone who is very critical of Harden, talent wise he is still the second best player to put on a rockets jersey. Most franchises never had a player as good as Hakeem so dont count on it happening again. If you dont plan to go all in with a player like James Harden you are not serious about winning. And if you arent going to COMPETE in a COMPETITIVE SPORT then you dont deserve anyones support

steddinotayto likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Of course lol, wtf is that question? If you're a fan you'll still be a fan, even if Patrick Fertitta becomes the general manager and Andrew Wiggins our best player. It would be a very sad moment if that happens obviously, but life goes on...
    and Tilman maybe will sell the team at some point.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

you and I have different opinions and takes on a lot of things but I agree with this. It's rare for a guy to have an opportunity to buy an NBA franchise and it's even rarer to have an opportunity to buy an NBA franchise with a Top 3 guy still in his prime on your team. Gotta strike while the iron's hot.

jerryclark likes this.
  10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

...but at least i'm not a bandwagoner

Remlap likes this.
  11. Remlap

Remlap Member

Bandwagon fans are the WORST

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

There are currently 27 traitors in our midst.