1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still be a Rockets fan if Lin would be traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Would you still be a Rockets fan if Lin would be traded?

1. Yes, I would still be a Rockets fan

86.3%
  2. No, I would not be a Rockets fan if Lin is not a Rocket

13.7%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

[​IMG]

2. killakim

killakim Member

You gotta play the troll poll to get inside the boy's soul.

3. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Yes, it was a problem for quite a while in fact--until I moved to Oklahoma. I wish I could live in Houston actually, because then I could attend actual games! It's about an eight-hour drive down to Houston from where I live in Oklahoma, yet still I have been able to make it out to a few games at least. Kind of funny--but I was in attendance at a Rockets-Hawks game late in the season 2012; close game going into the fourth; Lowry hits a corner three--and the place is like dead quiet; meanwhile I jump up and say "yeah, KLow!" and people around me look at me like I am from the moon (I explain to them that I am originally from Connecticut and that's what fans do in Connecticut when their team ties the game at 90 with a big three). Anyway so after apologizing for having cheered, I retake my seat and do my best to try to fit in with the local custom of clapping courteously--remaining seated all the while--when points are scored by the home team. Amazingly the home team won the game.

1 person likes this.
  4. afk

afk Member

Oh boy. Two more months of these threads.

5. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I wouldn't even want to live anymore if Lin got traded.

6. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I really think we are upset over nothing here. The OP didn't seem to have any thought process other than curiosity about the makeup of the fan base. I haven't seen too many threads lately that are particularly interesting but at least this one created some new information. Obviously he struck a nerve with you but I think you are putting way too much thought into the OP's motives.

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

One thing you have to admit is that Lin threads are always very passionate. Love him or hate him you have got to love Jeremy Lin.

Funny...but in addition to local sources I read also Rockets articles on national-source websites like thebleacherreport.com. I read an article recently about Dwight Howard and the comments below the article numbered maybe twenty. Any Lin article on The Bleacher Report will have at least five times that number of comments. It's just the nature of the beast, I guess...whatever that means.

8. elliotquine

elliotquine Member

LOL. I admit in my younger years, I followed the Bulls because of Jordan, and when Jordan retired, basketball was no longer as fun as it used to be.

Now it is fun again. Lin is just very easy to root for. He is a good, optimistic human being with the right heart. Everybody likes a good underdog story.

9. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

Not a problem. Not a problem. Just post a farewell thread before you kill yourself, and we will hold vigil to mourn your death then.

1 person likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...if you hate him...you still got to love him? Wut?

11. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I see the point of the thread and anything but I don't think this is an issue as there are a ton of people who hop on a players bandwagon. What I was wondering is this, if Lin stopped playing organized ball (Or stopped playing all together), would Jeremy's fans stop watching basketball completely or would they still follow any other team or player?

12. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Yes, unless and until Morey gets traded.

I am a MOF :cool:

1 person likes this.
  13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Yeah I don't like what is being implied here. I have no autonomy over loving and hating? This is way too zen and will not work with Dwight Howard's Houston offense.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Maybe if the LOFs and LOHs get flushed out, they will undergo pair annihilation and leave CF to the ROFs.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Personally, I'm more curious to know whether the new Lin fans were previously non-basketball fans(or very casual ones), or did they kind of add the Rockets as a secondary team to watch because of Lin.

Also would be interesting to see if Lin's fans would stick with him even if he never becomes more than a role player. Whether they're bandwagon Linsanity fans, or more cultish Tebow type following.

16. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

No truer words have ever been spoken than these. Applauding and repped.

Love Jackie - he was and still is one of my heroes. Used to walk pass the Jackie Robinson stadium every day when I was at UCLA. Go Bruins!

17. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

dammnit..

18. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

I watched Hakeem play. The end.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol credit to op for secretly identifying the LOFS. Now we know how many there are. Holy crap, only 32 so far and they cause all of this drama?

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I will buy a bar a round of drinks to celebrate Lin leaving. I didn't join this site because of Lin. I joined because I grew up in Houston and I love the Rockets. I cried and got filled with hate when Stockton hit that three... But i cried with joy when drexler gave dream that high five, or when elie gave the kiss of death. Because of work I now live in NYC. I thought he was a B#+ch then and was definitely not excited about Houston getting him a year ago. After watching him cry at the end of the bench during the play offs again, I turned from not caring for him to rooting for him to never wear a Rockets uniform again. He maybe a nice guy... Great... He can be a great guy elsewhere!

1 person likes this.