1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still be a Rockets fan if Lin would be traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Would you still be a Rockets fan if Lin would be traded?

1. Yes, I would still be a Rockets fan

86.3%
  2. No, I would not be a Rockets fan if Lin is not a Rocket

13.7%
  1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i am actually semi ok with lin fans haters (LFH). I know were they are coming from. But to hate on lin himself, like a ABJs. sorry that is dumb and out of control

1 person likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You mean....LINteresting?

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Rockets fan since the early 90s. Followed them every single year. I don't like nor watch any other team.

4. dback816

dback816 Member

This poll and the intentions behind it are embarrassing and pointless

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

After artest left I had no player to root for. Thankfully Lin came and gave me another player to follow. And this time I won't let the player changing teams quit me from rooting for my man!

6. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

I will follow Lin to his new team, but it doesn't mean that I don't care about Rockets. I will support the whole Rockets team while he is here, and I will always care more about the Rockets and his former teammates more than any other teams or players. I will follow him but I am not a LOF!!

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Jordan
    Kobe
    Jackie robinson
    And Lin??

You must be lof

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to speak for ever person who joined this place in 99.

We are here 100% for the rockets and for clutch and crew

Period.

9. sdkrises

sdkrises Member

Linsadity

I'm born and raised houstonian so live as a rocket die as a rocket but I'd be sad to see him go... seems like a nice guy and seems like he's getting better... also he dropped 36 on the spurs and had a couple monster games when he found his place in the offense.

If you put lin in the ghetto and leave him there for like two weeks so he can develop some toughness he'd be an outstanding basketball player. He's a nerdy good Christian homeboy. He needs some of that Patbev swag because he's got talent

10. dback816

dback816 Member

I'm going to speak for every person who has courtesy and maturity.

Stop double posting.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  11. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

I may not agree with some of your other thoughts and posts but I thought this particular post was worthy of a rep. Everyone becomes fans for different reasons. That's one of the beauty of sports; every fan has his or her own story.

12. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

I joined CF 'coz of Lin but I really like some of the players on this team like Asik and CP. They really stepped up their game last season and I respect them a lot for it. That said, I'll still be a Rockets fan if, at least, those two dudes are still in the team even if Lin is gone.

13. Penetrate&Creat

Of course. Rockets were so exciting to watch last season, and this season is gonna be even better with the acquisition D12. Will be very interesting..

14. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

The thread is pretty straight forward. OP didn't say anything negative about Lin here, or even complain about the fans. He just asked a straight forward question.

15. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Lin isn't MJ or Kobe...

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Obviously this post is directed at the so-called Lin Only Fans and with the suggestion being that Lin Only Fans are not true Rockets fans.

This may be true; however the same might be said for Lin Only Haters--OR, any Rockets fan otherwise who doesn't want to root on their starting point guard and/or wish him his success.

17. Vthaker

Vthaker Member

This. So many people on clutchfans have this crazy high expectation for Lin when really he just had his first full year as a starting point guard and I'd say he did alright. Everyone seems to remember the bad towards the end of the season go watch lins highlights for last season. He made a lot of great shots and really helped us get to the playoffs.

No I'm not a LOF. he just gets too much crap from many posters on here.

18. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Yes, but for a certain period of time he was as popular as those two. And this is the whole point--that he has a fanbase outside of the city of the team which he plays for. Bulls fans in the 90's didn't mind so much that fans outside of Chicago liked the Bulls only because Michael Jordan was on the team; neither do Lakers fans today get peeved when some fan from Colorado say, comes into Staples Center wearing a Kobe Jersey. Is the dude from Colorado a Lakers fan? Probably not; he just likes Kobe. Anyway so what's wrong with a fan from Tallahassee, FL showing up at Toyota Center with a Jeremy Lin mask and/or jersey? Houston fans should think that's cool.

19. highlander3128

Uhh....You are comparing Lin with Kobe and MJ?????

Watch out! The LOHs are all out getting you.

20. devin23

devin23 Member

The lin threads won't stop...