1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still be a Rockets fan if Lin would be traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Would you still be a Rockets fan if Lin would be traded?

1. Yes, I would still be a Rockets fan

86.3%
  2. No, I would not be a Rockets fan if Lin is not a Rocket

13.7%
  1. Rox23

Rox23 Member

This is horrible.

Back in the 90's when I first got interested in NBA basketball, it was because of a single person--Michael Jordan. Was I from Chicago? No. Was I a Bulls fan apart from my interest in Michael Jordan? No. Did I stop rooting for the Bulls after Michael retired? Yes.

Do you think people in Chicago hated it that MJ was an international celebrity and everyone liked the Bulls because of MJ? Did Chicago fans want MJ traded because of all the MJ-only fans that attended games and bought tee-shirts? Heck no. They loved it; it brought revenue for the organization, attracted other star players (like eventually Dennis Rodman) and all but put Chicago on the map for some people.

How about Kobe? There are plenty of non-NBA fans who are not from LA but who like the Lakers because of only one person--Kobe Bryant. Are Lakers fans complaining; do they want all Kobe-only fans to exit the arena; are they so unnerved with Kobe-only fans that they want Kobe traded?

Rockets fans are kinda weird then. Maybe there is a reason why the Toyota Center is always only half full it seems like, and the fans are quiet, and don't seem to care. Maybe the Rockets organization doesn't want its players to get any attention outside of Houston, and no true Rockets fans allowed into the arena. Maybe it's the "Nazi" atmosphere. If you're a Harden fan but former OKC fan--you're not welcome at Toyota Center. If you're a Dwight only fan--not welcome in Toyota Center. If you're a Lin only fan...we don't like you, not welcome here, only purists allowed.

Attitudes like this are not normal and in fact counterproductive. I read comments from these Lin haters and they are so obsessed over there dislike and annoyance of Lin and everything that he does and stands for, that it calls to mind thoughts almost of Jackie Robinson. Dodgers fans in the 50's used to come up with all kinds of reasons why Jackie should be traded--his batting average wasn't .325, not enough power, not fast enough--but bottom line he was a really good player and fans wanted him traded only because he was black. There are fans are this website who come up with all kinds of reasons why Jeremy should be traded, why he shouldn't start, why he's not good enough, why he's only going to get worse--but bottom line they just don't like the guy as a person; maybe it's his personality they don't like, or his religion, or his whole "good guy" persona: it just pisses them off because that's not their idea of a hero.

1 person likes this.
  2. hltiki

hltiki Member

Those damn Lin fans. How dare they cross the invisible borders separating CF and that linnation! How dare they come to our boards, take our bandwidth, defile our pages, and steal our rep points; and this is even AFTER we welcomed them with open arms!

And what's worse, after using and taking advantage of our developed first-site resources, they have the nerve to go back to their own site and teach the other dirty lin fans all that they have learned here!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had enough of those god dang lin fans! KILL THEM ALL!! WHOSE WITH ME?!?!?!

3. CertifiedTroll

As a LOH, there would be no point to watching the Rocket's if there was not a player to hate.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Sooooo... You're still a bulls fan?

5. gandychan

gandychan Rookie

I'm with you. Lin fans are a joke. They should stay on their Lin only fan website and not come here. This is a Rockets forum. We should not have to put up with discussing Lin over and over here.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You'd get the same results with any player. I support the name in front of the jersey first a formost.

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

he never was...

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I'm not a Lin hater but this post is pathetic .. comparing Lin to MJ and Kobe and Rockets fan's to nazi's WTF ? It's really not Lin that people have a problem with it's idiot's like you .

2 people like this.
  9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Not at all.

I'll tell you what though...I'm from Connecticut, and for years the Houston Rockets meant absolutely nothing to me. After MJ retired I really wasn't into the NBA at all: I didn't have a favorite teams (except for the Wizards when MJ played there). And then a little later on I heard about this guy named Yao Ming. Now I'm not Asian, so it wasn't like that; I just thought it was just really cool to see this 7'6" guy from China play in the NBA. I watched some of his nationally televised games; then I started following him in the box score in the newspaper; and then I started following games on the internet. Then I became a Rockets fan.

Is that so horrible? That I'm a Rockets fan though I'm not from Houston; and it was all because of a national phenomenon who happened to play for the Rockets?

When Yao retired I actually wondered if I would still like the Rockets. I tried liking the Celtics (as I'm from New England) but it just wouldn't work. I tried liking a few other teams--but no; I couldn't even sit through an entire game. Now I'm a diehard Rockets fan who watches every single Rockets game on League Pass. I all but eat, live, breath Rockets during the season. I couldn't dislike or root against the Rockets if I tried.

Yao's long gone; but it was because of him I'm such a big Rox fan.

1 person likes this.
  10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

There's nothing wrong with having a favourite player for whatever reason, I've said it so many times before, if you're German you root for Dirk, from down under you want the best for Bogut (Patty Mills ftw), you're some streetballer and you think alston was all that, or you're Trobs sister and you're pissed you've had to change highschools more than linsay lohan

What pisses people off mainly is when it warps the evaluation of said player and you end up blaming it on complete falsehoods, (McFail/Jimmy Chucker Harden) etc. If they're logical and reasonable in how they evaluate a player then there is no issue, most of the good player only folk become team fans anyway.

11. eomor131

eomor131 Member

Terrible and ugly thread.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ah. A fellow professional cup stacking fan.

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

i hope OP will be gone with Rockets' next fired janitor, so we have one less idiotic thread to worry about.

14. Lefty

Lefty Member

How can I put this...

... I would be more of a fan?

Perfect.

15. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

wow wait till lin fans get online lol no will take over :3

1 person likes this.
  16. rocketblood713

this must be fore Lin fans lol cause my real rednation fam already know whats up !

17. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

18. verysimplejason

Liked the Rockets even before Lin. Still remembered the days of the Twin Towers... That said, I hope Lin stays. If he doesn't, I wish him well. That goes the same with Asik. If they were traded though, I hope it will be for the best or I'll immediately start a Fire Morey thread... :D Just joking...

19. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

To be fair Mcfail is not a term that was coined by LOFs.. there's a bunch of us who were against the signing from the start. I'm still not convinced that he is a championship caliber coach. I really want him to prove me wrong though.

20. verysimplejason

of the 18, 10 are 2012'rs or 2013'rs. 8 are old posters. Interesting!