1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you SnT Shump for Iggy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2019.

?

Would you SnT Shump for Iggy considering all factors?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2019.
  1. Yes

63.1%
  2. No

28.0%
  3. I abstain. Courteously.

8.9%
  1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Harden has pretty much guaranteed us a 55 win season every year he’s been here but hey, who are we convincing right? i guess it’s hard to believe the current core has played at or above a 60 win pace for all but 25 games over the last 2 years.

RudyTBag and don grahamleone like this.
  2. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

One benefit of Morey chasing every major free agent is that when they inevitably are available, Houston can honestly say "WE REALLY WANT YOU". Plus, we helped Iggy get that $17 MM deal in the first place, so hopefully we generated some goodwill there.

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Iggy's on-court production and championship mettle would be a great addition to our rotation. Agreed that he shouldn't be relied upon heavily in the regular season and that House can fill in here admirably. But, let's not forget that House was shook this past postseason. You don't have to worry about that with Iggy.

Also, despite his inconsistent shooting, Iggy is a much better player than Shumpert is. And that's essentially all this proposed deal would cost us.

mike2k132, D-rock, RudyTBag and 3 others like this.
  4. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

FYI, not everybody who doesn't root for your team is a troll. If you're that threatened by people with slightly different viewpoints, there's a handy ignore button.

Gray_Jay and jsilencio like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FYI, Many people who are here that do not root for the Rockets are trolls, and it seems to me that they are the ones threatened by people with different view points.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

That's fair. I'm quite sure that there are trolls and closedminded people of all stripes. But the idea of banning anybody who admits to not loving the Rockets is ridiculous.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not Rockets fans
    Are trolls

arubato likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These are trolls brother

enemies of the pure fan

J.R. likes this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You are on a Rockets fan message board. You're not adding anything whatsoever outside of trolling and drama. Pretty pathetic that you don't have anything better to do with your time

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Iggy is an elite player in the playoff. You can't count on him for regular season, but he's one of the best playoff player. I mean, dude can't hit a 3 in regular season, but he killed us in the playoff.

Iggy and Shump aren't even close as players. But of course, our owner is too cheap to trade for Iggy to win a 'ship

RocketsFido likes this.
  11. HROZ

HROZ Member

Shump for AI and 2 2nds if be keen but not a 1st.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It would be insane to do this. You would be paying like 30M + a 1st round pick for a 35 year old who is basically done.

biff17 and Red Nation RGV like this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

While that might be true, since it could be just a once in a million outputs from 3 for Iggy, you also not count on a guy to suddenly deliver in the play-offs when he's not counted upon in the regular season. Knowing MDA, he will either bury him on the bench or play him even to the detriment of the team as Iggy will have plenty of stinkers. I'm not convinced he makes that much of a difference on the court.

14. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Buyout is the only reasonable route for Iggy and the Grizz. I would be shocked if someone trades for him.

Grizz are going to look dumb for thinking that they could get a first for him. Iggy will be free to go wherever he wants. I can see either of the LA teams being just as attractive of a situation to him as the Rockets might be. Hopefully he does chose the Rockets but anything could happen.

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

I certainly do want Iggy but if we're going to overpay and throw them a 1st I rather we just double-down and go all in for Covington.

ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  16. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

(shrug) I like talking basketball with thoughtful people, including those with different opinions from my own. If that bothers you, there's a handy ignore button.

17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

How much you wanna bet he wont get bought out, they wont get 1st. Even they know that, it's just were u start at. If they even get a 2nd that's winning

saleem likes this.
  18. Acura

Acura Member

Our best 2-3 players are guards. We need guys to matchup and guard Kawhi PG lebron this must be done

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

tilman and his lackeys here on cf say no

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Shump needs to head back to Sack town in exchange for my cousin