1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you prefer Ty Lawson instead of J-Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Mar 6, 2013.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Poor thread, the only PG better than Lin is CP3, you can argue for Wesbrook but he is a chucker and Lin is the better team player.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

no.

next question

3. Habs

Habs Member

Lawson is definitely the better player right now. Lin could be as good or better, but as of right now he's in the "solid starting PG" category along with Lowry and Dragic - except he's younger than both so he has more upside.

Lawson and Andre Miller completely drive that Denver team though. They're a threat in the playoffs because of those 2 guys. Miller's actually great for Lawson, he covers up for a lot of his mistakes. Andre Miller would be superb on this team with Lin. Lawson's really lucky to have him.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lawson is slightly better now. His size worries me a bit in the playoffs, but I think overall he fits in very well with their team in Denver. Not sure I would look for him to come over to "my team" with an extended role, and be a huge difference maker.

Given the length of their contracts, and the potential offensive upside that Lin has, I would say stay with Lin if it was a straight up trade scenario.

5. wapz

wapz Member

why is there the honey nut cheerios for garnett/memlo/lala here? LOL. did lin get to taste it too? XD

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I would venture to say that every single NBA gm would disagree with you

7. rinklob

rinklob Member

I think Lawson is a better player right now but wouldn't do the straight-up trade for many reasons enumerated in this thread.

8. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I remember watching the playoffs last year and Ty made a big impression on me. He beasted in that series.

On topic though, I'd keep Lin. Lawson's good but I just feel better with Lin. Aside from the obvious ones, the pgs I think would be better than Lin is Vasquez, Lowry, and Teague.

9. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Lol I seriously wonder if any of you who'd trade Lawson for Lin have actually watched Lawson played.

Someone even said he has good defense, that's laughable at best. Suggestion: MAYBE just maybe watch him play instead of just going to the espn stat sheet.

Right now he plays similar to Lin and Lin is cheaper.

10. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

FIFY.

11. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Newsflash - if Lin saved his energy on defense and chucked up shots, he'd put up better stats than Lawson, as well as 23 other starting PGs in the league.

12. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

newsflash - lin is the best pg in the universe and of all time. by "pg" i mean "point god"

13. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

I watch a lot of Nuggets games on LP, my bro is a Nugs fan. Lawson is having an ok year. He's not a takeover type player worth 12mil, Andre Miller has actually been equally as good for 7mil. His size does pose issues on Def, he's just not very good there.

How did this even come up? Did Lawson drop 50pts recently?

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

A player that is on his 3rd year under the same coach and team that's putting up identical stats to JLin who's had to adjust to a new coach, team, system and role?
    that's also year older?
    whose contract is 4yrs/$48m?
    that hardly passes the height requirement at Six Flags' rides?

Sure, if I was brain dead I would prefer him over Jeremy.

1 person likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

*laugh* Any GM would take Westbrok over Lin without even blinking.

Other PGs better than Lin (just from the top of my head).... Rondo, Deron, Paul, Parker, Lillard, Lawson, Rose....

#95 Zboy, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  16. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Is Ty Lawson even better than Aaron Brooks?

17. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Im a Rockets fan who has been living in Denver for 6yrs, so Ive seen a lot of Nugs games. Ty is a good player but not worth what theyre paying him. And he is already near his upside, so what you see is what you get. He is quick & can score, but is Maxwell streaky. Does NOT pay D, ever really.

I was a staunch opponent of the Lin signing & was really hoping the Knicks would match. Im not convinced yet, but hes starting to change my opinion. Kid is a hard worker, actually tries on D, smart & has the tools. He needs to work on that J & playing with confidence....both usually come in time. I can see how Morey thinks he has greatness in him. So Im content to let him develop as a Rocket, since our team is young & not in win now mode.

If were talking Nuggets ill take the following on this team in a heartbeat:

-Manimal
    -Gallo
    -Brewer
    -Hamilton
    -Kufos
    -McGee

18. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Make sense.

19. sew

sew Member