1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you prefer Ty Lawson instead of J-Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Mar 6, 2013.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm waiting on Raymond Felton, or Jeremy Lin at any moments. Or let's wait for Kyrie Irving, wait did we do that already?!?!?!?

2. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

The team's starting to come together now, why ruin the chemistry?

3. wincan459

wincan459 Member

It would be a raw deal for either team.

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

If there was a way to acquire Chris Paul without losing any assets (apart from J-Lin), would you do it?

If there was a way to acquire Stephon Curry without losing any assets (apart from J-Lin), would you do it?

Why does it matter? This is a pointless thread

5. fooshayd

fooshayd Rookie

rofl I would take curry / paul / kyrie without even thinking about it.. as almost everyone would. but lawson.. eh not so much.

6. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Ty Lawson? Are you serious? What does Ty Lawson bring that Jeremy doesn't? Plus he's older and he costs more! Do you really think Ty Lawson hasn't hit his ceiling yet? There's a reason Dre gets so many minutes in Denver and often closes games out. Plus a Ty Lawson/James Harden backcourt would possibly be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA.

If we're gonna talk about trade's that will never happen, at least talk about one that isn't a sideways move. What is even more ridiculous is this comes after a game when Lin played great and helped us wax the Mavs. I missed the last game so someone help me out. What was it about Jeremy's 21 and 9 through 3 that made people say "hmmm we could really use Ty Lawson right about now."

In general why is everyone on this board always talking about trading player X for fantasy Y? There are like 3 threads talking about Howard and Asik. Asik is our guy going forward and D12 is never leaving LA. No matter how much he hates Kobe, he's get 30 million reasons to stay at a time when his stock has never been lower. Plus Asik is a B E A S T, has already improved a ton this season and most importantly, he works well with this team. Never underrate chemistry!

Am I missing something? Are we not the youngest team in the league and a 7th seed in the West? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Lawson's obviously better

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Absolutely. Seems random though.

Would the Nuggets want Lin instead of Lawson?

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

knope.

10. mesta

mesta Member

yes please, Lawson is awesome shooter. Unfortunately there is no way Nuggets will trade Lawson for Lin.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

They would hang up the phone. It's just another pointless thread

12. conquistador#11

i'm sure the nuggets would have hung up on the nuggets on lawson gm after lawson's first 160 games in the league. :rolleyes:

let lin grow. you guys sound like whiny biotches. he is a rocket too!

13. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Lawson is 25 - he barely older then Lin. Stop with that nonsense.

Lawson is a classic example of can't maintenance efficiency with increasing usage.
    When Lawson as increase FGA his TS% or eFG has decrease. That's 4 season in row. So hell no - don't want him.

This also why I wanted Rockets make a max offers to Harden in offseason, but of course DM did one better by getting via trade. He increase TS% while increase FGA 3 seasons in row. He drop off this year, but still able maintain ELITE TS%.

Look at Lawson season by season FGA, TS and eFG
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lawsoty01.html

Lin and Lawson has very close TS% this year. Let be honest Lin was horrible in Nov. dragging % down. I chalk that up due to the surgery. What's Lawson excuse?
    http://www.basketball-reference.com...sum=0&p1=linje01&y1=2013&p2=lawsoty01&y2=2013

14. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

One of the few PGs id prefer of lins upside. Lawson is sick, and can nail the 3.

Harden Lawson would be a terror.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Who is whining (except you of course)? I said this was a pointless thread on the first page and reitterated in on this one.

Actually, you're the one who looks foolish here as nobody is saying anything negative about lin at all. Must be that time of the month for you.

1 person likes this.
  16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

but with that said id prefer lin moving forward....but if I was playing 2k13 definitely lawson. ha

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

When I saw this thread, I thought there's some issues with Lawson that are forcing the Nuggets to trade him. As a random trade debate, weird name to come up with.

I am lukewarm on Lawson myself, since I feel the Rockets need a difference maker, not another "really good" player. But I will say that if Morey called Ujiri with the trade, Ujiri would tell Morey to lay off the crack. But if Ujiri called Morey with the trade, Morey would certainly be interested.

1 person likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lawson. I imagine his contract is bigger than Lin's? Don't know if I'd jeopardize flexibility for the swap but Lawson is better/will be better.

19. basketballholic

Hypothetical questions are a waste of time. Lawson isn't available and won't be available any time soon. The question really is who would you replace Lin with that is or will be available soon. The answer is the only point guard that will be available soon that we would replace Lin with is Chris Paul.

Now, how can we get Chris Paul?

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

These threads are soooo dumb. What's point of it if there's no actual possibility of it happening. U can pretty much say this about every player in the league