1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you prefer Jeremy Lin over either Dragic or Lowry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Apr 8, 2012.

?

Would you prefer Jeremy Lin to Lowry or Dragic?

1. Lin is better than both Lowry and Dragic

15 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. Lin is better than Lowry but not Dragic

9 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Lin is better than Dragic but not Lowry

6 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Both Lowry and Dragic are better than Lin

290 vote(s)
    90.6%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, you keep Lin because of circumstance, and you know that he is not a guy that is expecting to play, but one that would be willing to work and be a 4th string PG until a spot opens up.

Again, Dragic is an UFA, Flynn is being moved, you keep Lin for the aftermath of all of that, and in case of injury.

What is laughable good sir, is you trying to hammer in an unrelated argument - again.

DD

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

They could have cut Adrien for Dalembert.

I do understand DD's point, I just don't see why we would even re-sign Lin if all he ever did was play 5 minutes per game with a ton of DNP-CDs over the course of a season.

Linsanity was never going to happen here. He is not good enough to get into our rotation.

3. DaDakota

Yes they cut Lin and kept Jeff Adrien, they could have signed Dally regardless...we are talking about the 15th man here.....

They released Lin in order to keep Jeff Adrien, they always knew they wanted Dally....

I say it, because it is true.

DD

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hahaha.....:grin:

5. DaDakota

Geez, I never said that, I said guys who get caught up in numbers and verbiage don't get laid....that is vastly different than what you represent.

I hope that your population of Oompa Loompas is doing well Sam.....remember elevator shoes can help you reach those elevator numbers.

DD

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It's also true that we were short on big man before the season started.

This was our rotation. Jordan Hill, Thabeet and Scola. No Patterson, no Hayes and no Dalembert.

We had 4 healthy PGs and 3 healthy big men. One of them is as useful as half a pair of chopstick.

What would your priority be? Don't forget that your PG position is already loaded with two starter quality PGs.

It just makes so much more sense to sign a big man.

7. DaDakota

You are leaving out Dally for some odd reason.....which makes your point moot.

DD

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The Rockets and every other team simply did not know Lin was as good as he is. The Rockets would have never cut him regardless of need if they would have known he was as good as he is. Neither would Golden State or Dallas.

Dallas of all teams really needs a point guard bad and they did not realize how good he was or he would still be a Maverick.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

No it doesn't.

Because we had to cut one player to get Dalembert.

Before Dalembert, we had 3 PGs under contract, and 3 big men under contract. One of them is useless.

So let's just say for the sake of argument that we count Dalembert, and that we signed Lin and didn't sign Jeff Adrien.

That means we are going in to the season with 4 PGs, and 4 healthy big men. One of them is a proven 5 language speaking scrub. Which means there are only 3 players you can rely on to play the 4 and the 5.

How can you have as many PGs as you have power forwards and centers available?

10. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

My thoughts exactly!!

11. DaDakota

The difference here Crash is that the Rockets had him in camp, they SHOULD have known how good he was or could be because they had him at practice every single day.

The Mavs, never had him, he was on their summer league team as an UFA, and after an impressive summer league he signed with Golden State.

DD

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Rumor had it after summer league, he was offered contracts from GS, Dallas, the Lakers and an unnamed Eastern Conference team and he choose his hometown Warriors. Really can't put any blame on Dallas for "letting him go."

13. DaDakota

Then you cut the scrub Jeff Adrien, everyone knew he was a scrub, and funny, he never got picked up after the Rox waived him, why is that?

If the Rox kept Greg Smith, then I could see the argument but keeping a 6'5" undersized PF that can't play on the NBA level was inexcusable....

Either way....we can argue and go back and forth all ****ing day, I am not changing my mind.

DD

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Go ahead DD, keep holding your ground. Either way you look at it, the Rockets needed to move someone without a guaranteed contract, and the Rockets had 4 pg's. Lin was the odd man out. In case you forgot, we signed Dalembert late, so we only had Thabeet, Hill, and Scola. Great big man rotation there.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You literally just focused on that one sentence and ignored everything else I said that was more relevant.

First of all, Jeff Adrien is 6'7" 243 lbs. He is only two pounds lighter than Luis Scola. You don't need to make up things like you always do. He is smaller than averaged for his position but he is not tiny like you are making him out to be.

But I agree you aren't going to argue where the strong points are and just focus on random facts.

You're just going to ignore that before the season started we only had 3 healthy big men available, one of them is Thabeet.

16. DaDakota

We had Patterson, Scola, Thabeet, Hill and Dalembert......we did not need Jeff Adrien....at all.

DD

17. DaDakota

BTW - none of us are going to agree here, and I have had this discussion before...I am unwavering in my belief that they should have kept Lin especially since they had him in camp, and under control for a reasonable contract.

It was a mistake, IMO.

You guys can disagree - fine by me.....I won't lose any sleep because of it, and I doubt you guys will either.

DD

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He never signed with the team but they mis evaluated him when they had a chance to sign him. Don't think that little fact was forgotten here in Dallas when Linsanity was happening or when NYK beat Dallas earlier in the year.

You can't kick the Rockets on this while giving GS and Dallas a free pass. All three organizations had him long enough to evaluate him and all three have their own reasons for mis evaluating him.

Had any of those teams realized what they had he would not be a Knick. With the Point Guard situation in Dallas you would have thought that they would have given him every opertunity while he was here. At least in GS and Houston both organizations can claim he did not get enough minutes to validate his skills because of who he was playing behind.

19. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Lmfao, this poll was posted a month ago and it was greatly in favor of Lin. KneejerkFans.

Active big men on our team were Scola, Hill, and Thabeet. We waived Lin to make room for Sam, in addition to keeping Adrien.

You know so little about what you post about.

#99 ashishduh, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets had more important things to think about than who their 4th string PG would be this year. And, in the event a spot opens up and Lin starts to show he deserves to be playing, then everything you talked about before about other players getting their feelings hurt and their value depreciating because they're stuck on the bench comes into play. If you want to argue that the Rockets should have signed Lin, anticipating that he'd replace Lowry or Dragic and one of them would be dealt away, then what of your complaints that the Rockets shuffle their players in and out too often? All these things are related.

Here's how I see it. You are highly opinionated (which is fine), but you over-argue your positions to try to drive home your point and discount the opposing view. As a result, its inevitable that all your various arguments will start to conflict with each other.