1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you prefer Jeremy Lin over either Dragic or Lowry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Apr 8, 2012.

?

Would you prefer Jeremy Lin to Lowry or Dragic?

1. Lin is better than both Lowry and Dragic

15 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. Lin is better than Lowry but not Dragic

9 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Lin is better than Dragic but not Lowry

6 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Both Lowry and Dragic are better than Lin

290 vote(s)
    90.6%
  1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Not true. LiN played average D during the streak. When Woodson takes over his D has been decent. We've gone through the turnover part too many times, there are reasons for his turnovers and I'm not gonna repeat again. When a guy puts up 25/10 on a daily basis I would take his 6 turnovers any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

Btw, did you check his turnovers per game after linsanity?

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No misinterpretation. You're just changing your argument, as usual.

3. durvasa

Both players have greatly exceeded everyone's expectations. No dispute on that.

4. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

I'd take Lin over both if he can attract all-star to play in Houston.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

if we had Lin there would of been no Linsanity, that was all New York media!!!

Lin is a good NBA PG but he is not a great one. Dragic and Lowry have the potential to be great IMO.

6. chief

chief Member

Id take Goran Dragic,i hope the rockets lock this kid up for years..he is really underated. Yes even if we have to trade kyle Lowry

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

if either Dragic or Lowry were on the Knicks roster and played 35+ minutes, i believe they would've matched or even overperformed what Lin did.

NO ONE gives credit to Tyson Chandler, and it has been frustrating the crap out of me. the dude is an alley-oop machine, has replicated his success for Chris Paul as well while he was a Hornet.

I will give credit to Lin for one thing -- for drowning a 3-pointer for the win against the Raptors leaving 2 seconds on the clock. i believe no one else could have made that shot -- it was fate.

but everything else, i'll forever choose Dragic or Lowry.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

but the first 6 games when Linsanity was overhyped, isnt a sample siize too?

and the knicks played against bad teams, the only good team they faced was the lakers.

So I pick dragic and lowry.

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lin has been overhyped by the media, that's true. Being in NY and under the spotlight is not necessarily good for a young player like Lin, the exposure of Lin has attracted as many haters as supporters. I'm glad that Lin seems to be able to handle it well.

At the same time none of them are elite PG yet, and to single out Lin when it comes to "potential" is just not right. He's the youngest of the three, he performed well under pressure, showed ability to take over a game late in the fourth numerous times even after the winning streak, showed steady improvement each game, yet people are saying he doesnt have the potential to be great?

Honestly I don't think any of those three will ever be at an elite level, but that's another topic.

10. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yes it was a small sample size and even when he played 20 something games, it was still a small sample size to judge where he will be in the future.

Knicks did play bad teams and good teams, Lakers, Mavs, Utah(was a winning team back then). But the funny thing is, back when Linsanity first started , Knicks was the worst team out of all those teams he played.

They were 8-16.

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

It's easier said than done, I guess that's the reason why Lin is the one who scored most points in this first few starts in NBA history.

Everyone has been giving credit to Tyson, apparently MSG board was the first to bring up the DPOY talk during the streak.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not at all, you are switching arguments, there are shades of gray in both of those in considering each and every player.

Sorry you don't understand that.

DD

13. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I wonder if seeing Lin succeed didn't light a fire under Dragic.
    Not that he needed it.

I bet it helps Lowry and Dragic to see Lin do well.

14. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

The OP should put up a poll on the knicks board to balance out the results.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hindsight is 20/20. Of course we'd take Dragic over Lin. Y'know.. .since Lin is injured and Dragic is on fire right now... :rolleyes:

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Tyson doesn't turn a bunch of terrible defenders into a "pretty good defensive team" like that guy over in Orlando.

17. durvasa

Here's what I understand:

You argued that the Rockets had too many players that deserve to be playing, and listed out a number of reasons for why that is a bad thing. Chemistry was but one reason, you've also argued that it hinders player development, and it hurts player's morale and trade value because they don't get court time. These were sensible arguments, even if I wasn't totally on board with what you were saying, and you were pretty passionate about it.

Given those arguments, how does adding Jeremy Lin to a team that already has two very solid options at PG become not just a good idea but also something that the team would be incompetent not to do? You had already argued on a number of occasions that having too many good players hurts a team, and now the Rockets passing on Lin as their 3rd-stringer shows they don't know how to evaluate players?

Others can read what you wrote and decide if this is a matter of "shades of gray" or you just contradicting yourself.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sorry Durv,

Maybe I should have attached some numbers to it to make it easier for you to understand the more subtle nuances of it.

The point is you apply it to each and every player and their situation, not that you take it as a blanket black and white approach.

It is a general condition that you are attempting to pigeon hole into a complete state.

Every player fits differently on the scale.

Lin is not the same as CBud or Parsons or TWill, because his situation is differnt.

100% different - there, I put in some numbers just for you.

DD

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

No, most of the credit has been given directly to Lin. So much so that Lin has to tell the media that it's the team, not just him.

The stat you're talking about -- the one that would only be be made popular by bandwagoning jerk-offs -- is the most points scored in the first 4 (X) games as a starter.

Oh okay, I can clearly see why Michael Jordan would bring up that stat. Oh yeah, where's Big Dipper?

Who gives a s*** about this stat??? Seriously?

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Tyson has turned knicks into top10 defensive team even when Dantoni was the coach. There have been top5 ever since Woodson took over .