1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you make a Move for Gasol?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jan 15, 2019.

?

Make Move for Marc Gasol?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. AW Hell Naw

26 vote(s)
    28.3%
  4. Undecided

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

We don't need to offer Clint for Gasol because Gasol's not worth a Clint. Salary cap relief + draft pick should be enough.

baller4life315 likes this.
  2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

you wanna give up capela for gasol????????? lol jesus

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Something like EG/BK/Chriss/Nene + two FRP’s for Gasol/Green/Mack would be tempting.

Platoon CC/Gasol at the 5 and Tucker/Green at the 4. Mack is playable and would help absorb the loss of EG.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Did the OP in this thread just suggest trading Capela and a first round pick for Marc Gasol?

Thread should be locked just for that.

Insane.

Gasol has been overrated almost every year.... imo

luckyman76 and robbie380 like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have been a proponent of looking at Gasol for a while now.

Knight, Chriss, Melo, 2019#1 and a 2021#1 (top ten protected) for Gasol.

I think we could stagger Clint and Gasol for 48 minutes, and maybe even play both at times, since MG can stretch the floor. This team's biggest weaknesses are defense and rebounding, and thats an area where Gasol helps. He can also help counter Hack a Capela if we get into that situation, as well as play a stretch five, which is something we haven't really seen with Harden.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Pass. I prefer an NBA center not have love handles.

biff17 likes this.
  7. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Capela and a 1st? Memphis will Love you for that. I wouldn't even do Capela and Gasol straight up. Maybe if this was 4 years ago. Gasol is aging like you said and is extremely slow. One of the reasons Capela is such a perfect fit for the Rockets is because he's athletic and can run the floor. Gasol won't be able to keep up with the Rockets offense and will just mess up the flow. You think Gasol would be able to catch Harden and CP3's lobs? Especially on a fast break? Guy can barely jump nowadays. LOL

I'd rather find a way to get Brook Lopez to back up Capela.

8. macan

macan Member

i would only give up melo, chriss and knight for this past his prime center

9. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

The idea of trading Clint Capela at this time in his career for Marc Gasol at this time in his career is...well, let's just be polite and say that it is a bad idea. It is just chasing a name, and not appreciating the talent already on the roster (who is superior at this point, I would argue).

That's not a good front office move. That's the kind of move that makes Knicks happen.

topfive likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Especially since Gasol gets $24M this year and has a player option for $25M next. Then we'd likely lose him in free agency.

Meanwhile, we've already got Capela locked in at $15M for this year, and FOUR more years at: $16.5M, $17.5M, $18.5, and $19.5M.

The Grizzlies would by our BFFs if we offered them this deal.

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

No way to trading Capela for him. But, I am starting to wonder if a Gasol/Clint 4/5 combo could work. I think Gasol is enough of a 3 point threat for it to on offense. Idk if Gasol is fleet footed enough to regularly have to keep up with guards/forwards though. Rockets should own the glass and clog the lanes with those long wingspans. I just don’t know...

MEM IN: Knight, Chriss, Melo and 2 firsts(?)
    HOU IN: Gasol

CP3/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon
    PJ/Green/Ennis
    Gasol/Clark
    Capela/Nene

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want Gasol and Clint. Better yet, I want Gasol to come here with a red paint blob on the side of his head to match Clint's yellow paint blob, bringing back the old red and yellow Rockets colors. Wouldn't that be fun?

13. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I would trade CP3 and Capela for Davis

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

As intrigued as I am about the idea, you have to figure Memphis will attempt to attach Parsons to any deal.

We don’t have the kind of salary to pull that off without involving key rotation pieces (CC, Tucker, etc). Which we will not do.

15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think the best we can expect is bargain shopping. I would go after Kenneth Faried - he is out of the Nets lineup and not in their future plans. They are 7M under the cap - trade Knight, hartenstien, and a 1st rounder and see if they bite. Hartenstien is still young and a 1st rounder gives them another asset. Knight will be a possible contribute and asset next season as an expiring contract for a team under the cap without any major prospects for big name FA signings this offseason. Faried is not a great player, but he has size, is aggressive near the rim, and can catch lobs. His contract also expires this year so the luxury tax would stay as-is but at least you have a useful player in the meantime.

16. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Idk if any contending team would be willing to take on Parsons. You’re talking about almost 50m in incoming salary. The Hornets could maybe make it work with the batum contract but I don’t think that Gasol really moves the needle for them.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Attach Parsons? How about the Grizzlies attach 2 first round picks?

18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

those unused players. it is fine