1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you like fries with that?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Asian Sensation, Jun 24, 2018.

?

Fav type of fry

1. Regular French fries

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Curly fries

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Steak fries

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Shoestring fries

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Sweet potato fries

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Belgian fries

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Tater tots

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  8. Crinkle cut fries

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Chili cheese fries

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  10. Waffle fries

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not all fries are alike...even if all the fast food chains and some burger joints use the same suppliers.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Can we not add "wingstop" fries here.

Those things are dangerous.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

My favorite fries are the Tex Cajun ones at BB's. Shoestring topped with queso, roast beef and roast beef gravy. Sooo damn good.

Pro tip: they'll add a side of them with any entree for $4.

[​IMG]

ROCKSS and NewRoxFan like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I had french fried french fries at a biker dive between Houston and Round Table... my arteries were constricting while I was eating them, but man they were good.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

my thing about curly fries are that most are over seasoned and way too caked with whatever makes then thicker.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You didn't list some of the best fries, OP, putting aside the superb fries made in the Netherlands, since they are technically "foreign," and some are upset about the mayonnaise controversy. What kind of fries did you leave out? The Dip-Fries of the late, lamented Ranger Drive-In. Originally close to Gulfgate, when Loop 610 was shoved through their spot, they had to move. No more chicks coming out to your car to take your order. It was never quite the same after that, but they were glorious while they lived. Dip-Fries, their hand breaded chicken-fried steak sandwich, and great malts that came with the metal thingy that always had extra in it. Think Prince's back in the old days, but several times better. Dip-Fries were fresh cut potatoes with some kind of stuff they were dipped in that made them crispy and tasted wonderful.

Hyde Park Grill here in Austin makes a version of their own, but as good as they are, they can't compare.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How Hyde Park does it: made with buttermilk batter, black pepper, spices.

Ranger Drive-In: Secret recipe.

#28 Deckard, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You sure its not just nostalgia talking? Cause those look seasoned fries or beer battered fries that most bars/restaurants get from Cysco or whoever. Theyre delicious but not uncommon in any sense.