1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you include Canaan in a trade for Gogi or Rondo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 29, 2014.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Exactly my thoughts. Just look at the play Canaan got hurt on. Barros could never do that. His speed to the rim is pretty amazing.

2. Garner

Garner Member

Why is this a five star thread? Is there something to this or just fan speculation/wishful thinking?

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's maybe just a bit early to compare Canaan to a guy who played in an all star game, much less claim that Canaan is "so much better".

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Kinda depends, doesn't it? I mean, Plow, is this question hypothetical or is it, like, you know........hypothetical, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more? ;)

Of course, once Bev comes back, McHale will nail Dana Barros Jr to the bench "because he, uh, hmn, what did Daryl tell me to say? oh yeah!, he needs to play better defense...yeah, that's the ticket". (Some reporter needs to grow the balls to ask McHale, "So why do you keep playing Clank....er, I mean, Garcia?")

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What traits does Canaan have in common with Dana Burros again? Shooting? You could say that about a lot of those undersized scoring PGs.

6. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Without question

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Absolutely. There are still far to many questions about Canaan. He will be much easier to analyze at the end of the season. Or better yet the end of next season.

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Think about it man...

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

No one will give him max

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

not with the way phoenix have sabotaged him, haha

11. amaru

amaru Member

I might give him up for Lebron if Cleveland sweetens the pot with some first round draft picks.

12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Guys .. With how this season has played out so far it has definitely opened my eyes. I used to believe the order of need was PF first then PG.... Now I know the real answer is.. depth

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Rondo is what we need which is a point guard.

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

But this team needs a creator to make these limited offensive players work. Harden can't be the only creator on this team - hell get absolutely ambushed in the playoffs and then the offense will be left to guys like Papa.

The other problem is Rondo is a really poor free throw shooter and having both him and Dwight on the floor at the same time would be a major Achilles heal against smart teams.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

We saw last night Harden playing the PG. And he was awesome. 34/6/8/4. I just don't believe that Houston can take the ball out of his hands. If we need another creator it should be a player who does not need the rock in his hands. Not Rondo.

16. Ghost_of_Akeem

No, I wouldn't include Canaan in a trade for Gogi or Rondo. That's going full r****d bro.

We have Canaan on the cheap right now and considering his recent production it is not insane to think he could continually improve as the season moves forward. Chris Paul said that we are lucky to have this guy as a backup, most teams don't have anyone close.

When you combine our total production at PG with Bev/Canaan it is on par with what most teams are putting out there with their starter/backup.

If we wanted to include Canaan in any sort of deal it should be to add front court depth.

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Signed Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Stephen Curry, Damien Lillard and Russel Westbrook LOL.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Now it's a debate? I thought it was a given from insider info that BBH and Plow had that he is gone, and I thought I recall the deal was in place about two weeks ago? So is it a done deal or is it not?

If it's a done deal you look at it and say well let's be honest, he's had how many great games for the Rockets? What has he proven in the playoffs? On the other hand you probably say that next to Harden, paying for a max contract PG next year is probably a dumb way to waste your "final big move" given the fact that you'd probably see greater impact bringing in a high impact big man instead. There is a reason why pretty much every single target the Rockets have had over the past couple years have been bigs.

But if it's a done deal, it's done and I'll gladly take the upgrade. And yes it's an upgrade despite what Canaans potential is in the future. However it would be my preference if I was Morey to upgrade the big rotation if I was given a choice or thought id have a choice in the near future.

19. Remii

Remii Member

How is our window now with Harden still being so young...??? That's ridiculous... Unless you're referring to our window with Howard.

Anyway, no way in hell I would trade Isaiah (at least not for those two). Morey knows what he's doing when it comes to point guards and Isaiah may end up being his best one yet. Plus he's the perfect fit for Harden. People around here act like Goran is some type of super star and forget what type of team Rondo had around him in Boston.

20. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Even if it comes to getting Dragic or Rondo for just 1 year, I would still trade Canaan. Just getting the chance of keeping a third star is worth it. Rockets can find another point guard at Canaan's level. They have a very good track record, so I wouldn't worry about it.