1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you include Canaan in a trade for Gogi or Rondo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Getting Rondo on this team would be inefficient because Harden needs the ball in his hands so much. That's why Beverley is a good PG for this team because he is cheap, plays elite D, and can knock down the 3 without requiring the ball. Canaan is an awesome offensive spark off the bench. I don't really see any great options for the Rockets with all these injuries that are actually good long term moves.

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Rondo and Bass folks it's just a matter of time

3. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Bull. Rondo will not do that unless we turn the offense over to him and we ain't going to do that. Rondo will make max and I am 100% positive he won't take a back seat so the only way to make this a good idea is to trade Harden. If by peoples idea that he can complement Harden then how? Harden runs the offense and is a high usage player. He needs a good combo guard that can play some D at the least.

To continue with this ridiculous fantasy that we should invest in two max guards and ignore the huge gap we have at the 4 is smh worthy. If they get a max PG they are capped out. We would have to run with that team for years and the prospect is we would never even sniff the Finals.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I personally am quite happy with Bev and Canaan playing next to Harden. Any point guard that needs the ball diminishes Harden much more than what they can bring to the team.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Rondo has never ever even sniffed at 10 rebounds per game in his career. And he averages only 11 ppg. Please get your facts straight.

6. Jakey

Jakey Member

I would love to have both. But if choose one, I'd do it for Rondo. True pg and great defensive ability. Dragic seems to be taking a step back this year as opposed to last year. Plus, I agree with Mr. Clutch in that I'd rather the Rockets pay Rondo the max as opposed to Dragic.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

No! I'm only interested in using the TPE and picks too improve the starting 5/Bench.

Keep cap flexibility for sub-stars next summer

8. HTM

HTM Member

I would be sad if the rockets went "all in" by giving another guard a max contract... I don't think the addition of dragic or rondo makes us championship caliber... too many elite players who need the ball in their hands..... I'd much rather see a millsap/aldridge type... (UFA agents this summer) or trade for Jefferson/Horford (1 year left after this season)

9. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Wait wait wait...Plowman, didn't you already say this was going to happen?

Correction: didn't you already say this was going to happen, then edit your post to delete the part about Canaan getting moved, then later admit that yes Canaan is getting moved, then go on to say that it's goin down, then talk about how excited you were, then say that the coming trade was the equivalent of a 5-course meal, then say that the blockbuster trade was gonna be for a player we've been talking about for a long time, then admit that the player we were trading for was a backcourt player, then when it didn't happen you kinda waffled a bit until the topic was enough pages of the thread in the past that people would forget about all of that?

What's the deal? Why does it matter if we would include Canaan in a trade for either of those two if you already told us that that's exactly what's gonna happen?

:confused:

10. raining threes

If I recall Harden and Dragic played pretty well together a couple of yrs ago. Dragic is the perfect combo guard to play with Harden. (Geez are you guys losing your memories?) They have to find a 2nd penetrator.

I wouldn't like trading Canaan but if it came down to getting Dragic, I would do the deal because Dragic could integrate himself into McHale's system almost immediately. For this reason I wouldn't trade Canaan for Rondo.

11. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Or Milsap will pull an Ariza and come on a team friendly contract to win a ring? LMA will get max but just imagine him with Harden and Howard? Be that one player that makes the difference in winning it all?

Wait till the season is over unless we get a Harden deal. Grab a few complementary players.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rondo would take this team over, and get rid of the terrible Harden isolations.

(See PRIME Paul Pierce)

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I don't think he'll ask for a max this time.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

They played together? Really?

15. HTM

HTM Member

Where? they weren't on the rockets together..

16. basketballholic

Oh my.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Avery Bradley makes 7-8 mil/yr and theres nothing particularly "flashy" about his game....

Who do you see running the offense when Harden is out? Rondo is the perfect guy to run the offense with a bunch of scrubs on the floor with him. He creates and dishes when there is no dominant offensive player on the floor with him. If not he can score plenty himself if he had to.

18. basketballholic

Yes, but gotta load up on shooters at every position. Because Rondo is gonna dish to the open shooter.......period. We still don't have enough great shooters. Terry is over the hill and fading. He's almost as gimpy as Dirk now. Ariza is great but he's got to catch and shoot. Once he puts the ball on the deck his percentages are cut in half. KPap is not good enough out there yet. We really don't have a shooter at the 4 at all. So if we gonna go the Rondo (or Rubio) route, we gotta load up on the shooters.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Clyde already said Canaan is an All-Star, what more do you need?

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And Boston seriously over paid for what they got. There is always the chance that someone will just go all stupid and offer Bev a Parsons like deal. But I doubt it. Especially since Bev can only play the PG, by far and away the deepest position in the league.