1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you go after Peyton Manning?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Jan 18, 2012.

?

Yes or no

1. yes

54.9%
  2. no

45.1%
  1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

A healthy Peyton Manning wins us two Super Bowls. You go after him if he's healthy.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Exactly. He makes a 2-14 team a contender.. So what would he do with a 10-6 team that almost made it to the AFC championship?

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Peyton would kill here. Unfortunately the only way it makes sense to chase him is if 1) we know Schaub is for-sure done and 2) Peyton is for-sure coming back. Neither of which will we know by the time Peyton lands with a team.

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Would have to be on the cheap, which I don't see happening.

5. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

That might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I don't trust QB's with fused necks. I think he's done.

7. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

We don't even know what Schaub could have done with that "10-6" team. We will find out next year. NO NEED FOR MANNING.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Other than Ray the murderer Lewis there is no other player I despise more than Peyton.

Hell No!!!

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont trust Peyton now, even if he is healthy to play this season, Peyton could have a very serious injury with any hit by a defensive player.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No way, we don't need a 37 year old Peyton.

He was great in Indy because he knew the system like the back of his hand, he would not be nearly as good in Houston.

Just go with Matt Schaub and TJ and then get Delhomme to give it one more year too.

DD

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

LOL, manning is the system.If he can play at 80% I would take him over shaub.

12. Ashes

Ashes Member

What's worse? Dreaming this up or actually saying no to this dream situation?

13. Asian Sensation

For the Texan fans talking trash about Manning.... I hope he goes to the Jags and burns you guys like he always did.

How could you NOT want him? He sat out a year and it's like you guys forgot how great he was and how he took you guys to the back of the woodshed on a regular basis.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, yeah, that's the only reason he was great...

He sat out a year because he has a FUSED NECK. I love how some people in this thread are totally discounting the REASON he sat out last year and acting like we're talking about Peyton Manning, circa 2009.

Mannings neck = Yao's foot

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not to mention a "yao" that will be 36 going into the next season.

Look, if the texans could get Peyton for next to nothing, then great...I'm all for it. But the fact that Peyton would cost an arm and a leg (either trade and/or $ wise) well then it's not nearly as tempting because it would significantly hamstring this team from 1) keeping the core players together and 2) improving depth/needs via draft and free agency.

16. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

It isn't disrespectful to certain Hall of Famer Peyton Manning to assume he is broken and not want to incur that risk. Do you folks think Schaub would be content carrying Peytons clipboard, and if your answer is who cares, then what do we do when he inevitably goes down.

Hey I hope I am wrong and he has a few years of good football left (preferably in the NFC)...but I don't think people are being idiots to say "Hey, at this point in the Texans development, we don't need to make this desperate move".

17. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

YO!

YAO!

YO!

YAO!

YO!

YAO!

can I write a check???

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Well, considering Schaub and Peyton would never be on the payroll at the same time, it could be done financially. Problem is, we're not going to have enough info to make a smart decision by the time Peyton is an FA.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Peyton can't hand off to Arian Foster or playfake nearly as well as Matt Schaub can. Just because a quarterback is better overall doesn't mean he's better for your team. Tom Brady wouldn't do nearly as well as Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh.