1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you go after Peyton Manning?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Jan 18, 2012.

?

Yes or no

1. yes

54.9%
  2. no

45.1%
  1. Relentless

Relentless Member

Exactly. "Up until last year"

So we're supposed to trade Schaub, hand the keys to Peyton, and risk having to rely on TJ?

You fail again Langhi..."Texans need to pay Foster"

2. Prince

Prince Member

of all time? c'mon.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*shrug*

Why Not

Rocket River

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It depends. If the team think he's healthy then I say go all-in. Personally, I doubt he is healthy.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that ridiculous of a statement. With Peyton, Colts are a superbowl contender...without peyton, they barely won 2 games

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

No way. You don't make such a high risk (cap) move on a guy that may very well never be the same again. You don't rock the boat when you've already got a good QB with a strong rapport with a top tier WR.

And the notion that the Colts would move Manning within the division is absurd.

If he is moved, I'd put my money on the Redskins.

7. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

With TJ to back him up, why not :p

8. msn

msn Member

Peyton is his own offensive system. Everyone on our offense would have to be retrained to do things that way. Also, dude's neck is about to fall off.

I regard him very highly among the best QB of all time, but he needs to go into coaching now.

9. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I predict Peyton will just retire why risk your health?

And no the Texans should not sign Peyton he's going to eat up ton of cap and hes a unknown.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Fixed.

Dude would be Tony Boselli all over again.

1 person likes this.
  11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

He is too late, no . . .

12. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

I really disliked Manning the first few years of his career, but I'm pretty sure that was emotion driven because of his ability to beat the Texans. In the last few years, I've developed a great deal of respect for him (deserved), but I doubt the Texans organization would go for it. Too much potential risk despite the potential reward.

Get rid of Schaub, Manning goes down...you've then gambled away too much of what the organization has invested in the quarterback position over the last few years.

Having Manning as a Texan is an intriguing thought, but it's difficult for me to envision in happening.

Now, if the organization thought it was a good move and somehow made it happen, I'd be right behind them as a fan. Manning, if he can stay healthy, coupled with the current talent on the Texans could potentially make us a monster of a team. :)

13. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sure, we will never win anything with Schaub. He's good, but he just doesn't have IT. He plays scared all the time. Choker in the clutch.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

But what if he has It - would that be enough? Or it? Let's not discount iT, either - he could very well have iT.

It never ceases to amaze me how many of us form an opinion and then dig in, come hell or high water. You'd think that after 7 roughly mediocre games with TJ Yates that more or less derailed the greatest season in franchise history that people would have at least begrudgingly come around on Schaub. Nope, back to the same ol' made-up nonsense.

Clutch.... or was it CLUTCH? I get things that don't actually exist mixed up sometimes....

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That's the exact same position they are in, except with Schaub instead of Peyton.

The first question one has to ask is about Peyton's health. Can he come back and be his healthy self? I don't know the answer. I guess you'd have to rely on multiple competent doctors opinions.

If the answer is yes, and the Colts do release/waive Peyton, I would certainly look into it. I would not trade for him.

But if healthy, Peyton is the better quarterback, even at his advanced age. And he may be his own offensive system, but with our offensive line, our run game, and AJ, he could certainly adjust his game and we could certainly adjust our offense a bit. That offense would be deadly.

I don't know what you could get for Matt Schaub in a trade - 2 second round picks, a mid/late first rounder?

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Or want a guy who had three season ending injuries in the last five years.

17. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Nope. Dude is too broke down. He may come back and be a good QB, but I just don't think he will be anywhere near as good as he was before he had all the surgeries. Too much money would have to be involved...never mind, its just not gonna happen, and it shouldn't.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Make it two, nobody should fault Schaub for some hillbilly's dirty late hit. And he still is Peyton's junior by 4 years.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Peyton could make Jacoby Jones a mediocre football player!!!!