1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you do a trade of Ryan Anderson for Melo still?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jun 1, 2018.

?

Would ya?

1. Yup - Get Rid of Ryno

142 vote(s)
    71.7%
  2. Nah- Melo is a cancer. At least Ryno will DNP without being a distraction.

56 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Thats a big what if. I very doubtful what if. You keep him for roster flexibility since you are paying that luxury tax regardless if you traded for melo. I dont even think presti would do a swap at this point. He would be paying 14 million more dollars on top of what he is paying anthony for 2 seasons making him cap strapped the next year on top of there current financial situation. You realize getting rid of andersons contract means we ares stuck with the team we have with no other options besides gutting an actual important piece. Morey understands this and is not an idiot.

You didnt waste a year. You kept options available when plan A doesnt work. You can get rid of anderson as an expiring. Its not going to be hard. You explore your options now with anderson and bringing in that last star to try and finish the job and lock the team in. You trade anderson for melo now. You then get a player that might not work paying big money this year and no options next year. DUMB DUMB DUMB. We were 1 half away from the nba finals and a championship, with the opportunity to get better. By holding onto the contract if lebron or paul george fall through you extend the winning window. IF you think melo is so good, you wait for a potential buyout. You dont trade for a no trade clause 28 million dollar contract for one year then is a free agent. You are risking everything for 1 year that might not work.

I know anderson is bad. I want to get rid of him too. Im not defending anderson. His contract is actually more valuable than his play and melos contract. For cap manipulation reasons. When you are a luxury tax team like us. You need big money contracts to move to get better. He is a perfect candidate. You want as many contracts moveable as possible. You dont want people with no trade clauses.

#121 Gorilladunks, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  2. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Forgot to add. Melo has a No Trade Clause in his contract. Once you acquire him you wont be able to unload him unless he approves. He wanted to play here. He is getting paid huge. He isnt going to be able to be moveable.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Melo should play teh BIG 3.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

He can waive his no trade clause, lots of players have done it before just to get traded to the team of their choice. Rox will say they will only do the trade if Melo waives his NTC and Melo will waive it because he will make the same amount of $$$ but get to play with his buddy Cp3 ans perhaps Lebron.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Yes for sure.

I even have no problem that trading Ryno for AIR.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I understand that you are getting rid of a terrible contract by bringing someone in who has a slightly less terrible contract. But I will choose option C, Alex, which is I do neither and try to trade Ryan Anderson for someone other than Carmelo Anthony.

7. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

If you make that devision you cant get lebron or pg or a star next year if those fall through. You are locking in your team saying melo is the final piece and if he doesnt get you over the hump yoy have no leverage in really improving the team. One of the worst places to be is high luxury tax capped out, with no way to improve and not winning it all.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Melo is better than Anderson (he still sucks tho) and has one year less on his deal. So yes.

kwakmeister likes this.