1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you do a trade of Ryan Anderson for Melo still?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jun 1, 2018.

?

Would ya?

1. Yup - Get Rid of Ryno

142 vote(s)
    71.7%
  2. Nah- Melo is a cancer. At least Ryno will DNP without being a distraction.

56 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. dmoneybangbang

I don't think OKC Melo would be the same as Houston Melo. Playing with Harden and CP3 is different than Westbrook and PG.

BigggReddd and hakeem94 like this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

Expiring contract and the better player? Sign me up.

Houstunna likes this.
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Smart and should actually consider. Melo has NTC but may waive it on provision he gets stretched or negotiates a buyout with Cleveland. Cleveland might want the 3 draft picks more though but they probably stretch Melo to get under tax and trade EGo for picks. It might be easier for us to send Ryno to Cleveland because of the picks. They are going to trade KLove and maybe Hill as an expiring because I don't think they can move Thompson and the Game 1 Finals MVP. Another trade you could consider that won't happen but is possible with a few extra pieces.

OKC IN: Ryno and EGo + small contracts + two 1sts
    CLE IN: Melo and Tucker and 1st
    HOU IN: LeBron and George

100% don't think it's real but it's not unfair to either team. Players would be pissed and AGAIN don't see it happening. Potential 5 all star starting lineup fantasy that works with CBA, luxury tax be damned. Better yet in either scenario Melo gets bought out and comes to Houston anyway for bench. Maybe Wade comes back for playoffs to complete banana boat.

DM'sVP likes this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Yes for sure.

Ryno even has no confidence to shoot a three.

Even Chandler Parsons is better than him.

tinman likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Korver
    Redick

or

Marcus Morris
    Bellinelli

Mook is not a premium shooter but he makes enough and brings an attitude that Ryno just can't.
    You know who drafted him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#45 daywalker02, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    BigggReddd likes this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

YES

ONE year of bad contract > TWO

7. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

No If we had gotten Melo last offseason the goal was for him to opt out, Rockets relinquish his rights and him and paul take less to get Lebron

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout Lebron AND Cp3 take less just to play with their friend Melo?

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I’d rather find some other Ryno deal. If it’s is Melo or stand pat, then Melo. Then buy him out.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If anything, Melo's contract expires in a season and helps us with Bron. Ryno LITERALLY does nothing and will be here for two more seasons if we can't find a way to get rid of him.

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait ima have to disagree so u telling me harden can but melo cant...nah brother. U don't know that. Okc didn't switch like we do. N honest I think our switching is easier

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yule C. Melo is a good player still. U gotta have ur talent used properly we all get on Westbrook about making guys that have stars not look like stars but then y'all don't want to apply that same methodology 2 Mello playing in OKC. Fact he plays better on the rockets. I want melo next year. Double down on iso. Mark this post is it happens. I'll bet anyone a night of drinks he would be way better then ryno

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That's the only thing I don't like it actually makes okc better. But he u have to giv3 to get I suppose

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

N everybody forget he comes to a team n guys he actually wants to play with.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm torn. Melo was awful this year. But Ryno was historically awful. They both get paid so much! Can I just get cancer or have my penis surgically removed or something so that we don't have to have either? There has to be a better option.

#55 Williamson, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats exactly what hes saying. and yes we do know that.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

umm he's the one who accepted the move to okc, saying he didnt want to play with russ and pg13 is false

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Melo has 1 year less than Anderson. So in that capacity that is a huge plus.

PJ Tucker is the starting PF on the Rockets. 100%. So if Melo could suppress his ego, he could be fine off the bench as a scorer. But clearly his role in the playoffs would be limited.

Rockets locker room and CULTURE is great now. We don't want anyone that will make waves on that. That would be the biggest concern.

19. macan

macan Member

hope we can get both PG and melo, and they play like true all stars in Houston..just gonna show that those MOFOs that voted for westbrick last year, are bunch of scukers.
    westbrick would cry a river

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Completely agree.