1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Date a Divorced/Single Woman Who Has Kids?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

When I met my wife she had two kids (6 and 10) and I wasn't really ready to be a dad. Luckily for me and them I got serious about it real quick. Make sure you know what you want and be straight- forward with her about it. Any decisions yall make affect more than just you and her.

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

If you meet the right one you meet the right one. If you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you will have to make a lot of things work, maybe I am naive but I think this would just be another (though of course big) thing to work out. If you are unsure about your motivation to deal with the women's kids, I would say that is more reflective of how strong your feelings are about her more so than your feelings about her kids.

So my advice is that I wouldn't exclude dating someone because they already have kids, of course you might want to be extra selective or cut it off short if it didn't see especially promising.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I want to thank everyone for the responses in this thread, even DrewP's:p .

It does seem that there are more divorced "women" (for you rimmy;) ) and "women" who are single that have a kid that are around my age, 28, than ones that are single and don't have kids.

I was really hoping to hear from mrpaige about this, but I guess I won't hear from him. I think I remember reading here that he married a divorced woman.

I guess that if God has chosen for me to end up with a divorced/single woman who has a kid or kids, then I know that things will work out.

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

sorry Manny for my late response, simple decision to make

Is She still a Hotty?

5. Manny Ramirez

Sure, Smeg.

That's all I date or consider dating are hotties.;)

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Not to get off topic, but I hate it when people say "its the inside that matters".

Well I am sorry I might seem shallow, but I sure as hell would not date someone fat or hideous. Sure I would not date a hottie who had a terrible personality either. She would have to be nice and a hottie.

7. Manny Ramirez

Actually, I have had a person tell me that when they married their husband, they were not in love with them ! She then told me that she wasn't in love with him, either, so it balanced out.:p

They have a couple of kids, and last I heard are still married.

However, this exception notwithstanding, I feel that there has to be some type of physical attraction on both parties' part to make the thing have at least half a chance of working.

8. JJ

JJ Member

MILFs rule! There is nothing sexier than a hot mom! Go for it dude.

9. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

If she's got kids....at least you know she gives it up...

Yeah thats awful I know...