1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you consider trading CP3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Nov 27, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets consider trading CP3?

1. Yes

133 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. Dash

Dash Member

Chris Paul for Holiday/Mirotic

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

See if the clippers will take CP3 for Trez, Lou, and Bev.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

CP3 is just wasting Harden's prime at this point. And stealing Tillman's money.

MD_in_Training and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Depends upon what I can get in return.

A quality 3D , a starting caliber defensive minded point that shoots well from 3 and a first round pick …. maybe.

I'd love to trade him back to the Pelicans for AD.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol, the Pelicans wouldn't even trade AD for Lebron. He's the most untouchable asset in the NBA unless the Pelicans are deathly afraid that AD won't resign and don't want to lose him for nothing but it would still take a lot more than a aging star pg with a massive contract with several years left whose probably going to play 25-50% of the games during that contract span.

Most teams can give up far better for AD.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

In a heart beat.

8. TimV

TimV Member

No one is taking CP3 off of the Rockets. It is one of the worst contracts in the NBA right now. He is entering an inevitable decline phase and already has a history of missing 15-20 games every year even when he was young. And it’s 40 million / year for another 4 years, so a total cap destroyer. Unless GMs think the cap is going to explode in a few years, or want to do a philly style tank and need someone to help make minimum cap levels, he’s here to stay.

9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Best bet is to keep Paul this season, see what happens at trade deadline and during the playoffs. Most times the coach is fired before anything else. I feel Dantoni is too stuck in his ways. You have to be open minded and able to adapt. He's an old dog without any new tricks.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

No one is taking CP3 bloated contract unless you are getting back 3-4 bad contracts too. This was my fear when we made this deal as good as he is you know he is going to miss 25-35 games every year.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'd consider trading James for AD no lie. RIP to my inbox in advance but it's true.

12. Malaya

Malaya Member

Just blow it up!

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

No.

Literally: trade for or sign a back up PG, a forward who can play 3/4, and a back up center. THREE THINGS. This season is over, but lets not give up on next season, too lol.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol if u think AD would ever re-sign here with no Harden...this roster has less overall talent than his current squad

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

AD + Paul or Harden + Paul over next 4 years? (Most stupid and never happening scenario I know but humor me)

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Of course we would consider it. Anyone who wouldn't is insane when you consider the age difference and that Davis has no severe flaws unlike Harden.

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

knicks and bulls could bite considering attendance, i mean you gotta sell tickets and even the lakers might do it. C paul still is a top tier point guard in the league, because of assist.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

it doesn’t matter...AD isn’t re-signing here

so it’s trade Harden for AD and then lose AD a year later for nothing or trade him for whatever u can get by next year’s trade deadline...now you’ve lost your MVP and you’ve lost Davis

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I don’t trade CP3 right now. What Morey needs to do is stop big game hunting and go make some smaller deals to address the holes on the wing, backup point guard and backup center spots. He gets too caught up with star gazing.

clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  20. riko

riko Member

We bet the farm on this guy and sadly it’s not looking good. Sacrificed our depth and future but it’s not looking good. For perspective he is making more then Harden and is not close to being as good.