1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you consider trading CP3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Nov 27, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets consider trading CP3?

1. Yes

133 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. xaos

xaos Member

Completely agree with this.

BigggReddd likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He also is having a career low in assists and career high in turnovers.

It's likely due to health, so hopefully he gets to 100%.

But Morey's philosophy has always been to go for the stars. And the role players are more or less interchangeable.

BasketMAD and tc0330 like this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

No contender out there will trade for CP3 and his terrible contract. Yes, CP3 is one of the best players in the league when healthy but he's injury prone, has been his entire career.

Only a terrible team like the Knicks would trade for him and maybe we can get multiple firsts from them but that would mean we're going full tank mode.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the middle of the season would be a panic move so nope but in general after this season we would have to look at what comes back.

Y2JT likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody in their right mind is trading a 33 year old yet still GOAT material, and more durable player plus Kuzma one of the best upcoming players for an aging HOF star.

I get you, you won't trade him.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is untradeable. Just to get the salaries to match would be hard.

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i agree. but with our team, we dont need another "star". our team last year that was 1 game shy of going to finals was filled with legit role players who harden and cp could count on when they positioned them with the ball.

with our current situation right now, we dont have that same consistency. if we can trade for non ball dominant players who are consistent for harden/cp to rely on i think we'll be unstoppable again.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah thats what they said for rhynos contract

as they say in france
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

9. Abraham Rodriguez

All we need is a good scorer off the bench... Lou Williams perhaps.. and a good back up PF.. PJ is good but alittle small.. he makes a good Small Foward.. reminds me of a smaller version of Charles Barkley..

10. blackistan

blackistan Member

Too bad we're stuck with him

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well the only real loss was Ariza. Yes Luc also but he's hurt anyway. Nene is also hurt.

tc0330 likes this.
  12. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

For Wall no for Beal yes. I think CP3 is better but his contract at his age with his history is a problem.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah we are stuck with a player that was MVP of WCF...playing injured on one leg he only managed to play better than Durant, Curry, Harden, Dray and Klay and the refs!

clutchdabear, jcmoon and dc rock like this.
  14. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Why wait until CP3 is in undeniable decline?

All the blanket excuses of he is injured. And he hasn’t played in all the games is precisely the cover that one needs to get something closer to fair value for him. By the time his productivity decline is known to all, it will be another fat contract that teams will be skeptical taking on.

And that’s the saddest part about his contract. That we paid him max money not because he was on the up and up. But that we believed he was the dude who would put us back on top and keep us in contention. Reality is - he was best as a one year rental for us. And that he is now on the down and down imho

Corrosion likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am not saying I would not trade him
    however
    I would not trade him for a hill of beans

Rocket River

Corrosion and daywalker02 like this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I guarantee some teams would go for him. Do i want to trade him? Absolutely not. Right now however I guarantee Morey is contemplating it. That contract is huge and we really have no depth or anyone on our roster that is worth a damn that can even help both he and Harden compete for a chip. Come December if this team shows no sign of improvement or life like last season expect a blow up of epic proportion.

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The poll results are pathetic. You guys are so big-brained :rolleyes:

Sure, let's trade away the greatest PG of the last two decades that just unlocked MVP Harden and pushed us to 7 games vs. the best team of all time "beeCUZ HES SITTING AGAINST MUUH LOTTERY MATCHUPS"

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That 40 mil is money well spent if we're playing GS in the WCF...and he's healthy.

Season's just getting started.

19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Sadly I think we need CP3, even if his availability (and currently, his production) doesn't warrant his contract -- and at his age it'll likely only get worse. The main reason being that I think he brings a certain intangible poise/leadership that no one on this team, including Harden, can fill. And the few guys who could hypothetically do the same, while still bringing Top-10ish player production, are unavailable (and unproven as a fit in this system/next to Harden).

It might seem appealing to trade his huge deal for a handful of younger talent, which would help our terrible depth, but I guarantee that would make our ceiling something like the '16-'17 Rockets.

We do need to move some picks to pick up talent, even if it hurts us in the future, largely because of Paul's age and our team's window with him and Harden.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

"TRADE CHRIS PAUL!"

"For who?"

"JOHN WALL!"

Ahh, yes, the PG version of Blake Griffin. Springy until Christmas, trash-heap through June. John Wall has been on the decline much longer than Paul has due to all those knee surgeries.

clutchdabear likes this.