1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you consider a QB change at this point?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Eric Riley, Oct 9, 2014.

?

Would you consider a QB change at this point?

1. Yes - Bring in Mallett or Savage

146 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. No - Stick with Fitzpatrick as the starter (for now)

79 vote(s)
    35.1%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Would you consider a coaching change at this point?

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

And let's not forget: it was 1st and 20 because of a OPI call on AJ; it was an all-around bad series for him.

Too many fans are, frankly, either incapable or simply too lazy to offer any insight beyond blaming the QB. All those people who lined up to bash Schaub because - blame the QB... I wonder how many of them would openly welcome '08-'12 Schaub back to this team?

The team trailed 24-0 after the 1Q; to try and somehow pin that on Fitzpatrick seems bananas to me.

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

fitzpatrick goes through his progressions at a snails pace & he has zero pocket awareness.

in other words, he's an average back up qb.

texans problems arent just on him though. andre's fumble was a back breaker. hopkins lack of hustle on fitzpatrick's fumble. BOB's poor clock management & inability to get his team to play 4 complete quarters of football, secondary forgot how to tackle, zero pass rush outside of watt, duane brown isnt good anymore, etc... it's going to be a long rebuild. texans really F'd up with sh!tty draft after sh!tty draft.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, there is a segment of the Texans fanbase that is embarrassingly incompetent when it comes to football analysis. It's like they watch the game, yet somehow see a completely different game going on.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Let's not forget our special teams

Rocket River

6. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

no one is solely blaming fitzpatrick for the loss.

he played his role in the terrible 1Q (2 yards of offense). so lets not go crazy here.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess I wanna See what Mallet *can* do . . . as of now I HAVE NO IDEA!!

Rocket River

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He probably deserves 2% of the blame for the first quarter and maybe 5% overall. He had a pretty good game, yet that won't stop some from thinking he was a significant part of the problem.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

hah so true. the formation on the onside kick made no sense considering mcafee always boots it for a touchback. if anything, they should have exclusively played for the onside kick as any return game was out of the window. but that's simple logic & we're talking texans here.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

That last fumble was the last nail on the coffin. You gotta either throw it away or protect the ball better.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

an offense has 4 3&outs and 8 yards of gain and the qb only gets 2% of the blame?

you're turning into an apologist.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you are allegedly a franchise LT, you have to block for your QB better, especially with the game on the line. I want to see the all 22 to see if anyone was open, but you don't want Fitz forcing a pass there. There is an argument that he should have thrown it away, but I'm not going to fault him for trying to make a play and getting blindsided by the guy his LT should have had.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did you watch the O line play? Is it Fitz' fault that Hopkins didn't hold on to the would be first down pass on the very first drive?

14. Remii

Remii Member

And how many 1st downs did the offense get in the 1st quarter...??? And that onside kick that the freakin kicker recovered isn't on the defense.

And how many points did the Colts score after the 1st quarter...??? It was still 3 quarters left.

We have a dominant defensive player but we do not have a dominant defense... But we do have a great running back and a couple of receivers... All of the Texans talent is on the offensive side of the ball (except for J.J.) and it's up to O'Brien and the offense to put pressure on the other team instead of trying to ride Romeo's coat tail and holding on to dear life to J.J.'s superman cape...

But you in Bobby keep thinking that you can run through the league with a quarterback that can't make plays when called upon.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Quite odd how Bobby makes up plenty of excuses for Fitz yet harshly criticizes every other QB in the league....

16. today

today Contributing Member

I don't think Mallett will be any better, but I still want him to start at least 2-3 games this year. Just enough to show us who he really is, an average QB at best. I want there to be an immense amount of pressure on our front office to trade up in the draft this year to take the best available QB.

We need a superstar QB, time to swing for the fences in this year's draft.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know complex concepts can be difficult for some to grasp but you blame a QB for what a QB does wrong, you don't heap blame on them just to heap blame on them. Fitz threw no picks and had a higher QB rating than Luck did in this game yet a bunch of frittatas on here are trying to blame him for how the game went.....How does that make sense?

Now if he made a bunch of bad passes and threw some picks, that would be one thing, but that didn't happen now did it?

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

while fitzpatrick leads the offense to 8 yards in the 1Q but he's not a big part of the blame.

are you drunk?

19. Remii

Remii Member

Fitzpatrick threw 23 passes compared to Luck's 44... Also Fitzpatrick didn't have to face the best defensive player on the planet but Luck did... Also _ Indy's defense isn't a dominant defense... So comparing Fitzpatrick's QBR to Luck's QBR shows complete ignorance and a lack of understanding the game....

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did you watch how that actually came to be or are you just going on what you saw on a stat sheet? I really want to know.

If you watched the game at all, you saw the O line play like they were nothing but traffic cones.....WTF do you expect him to be able to do? Also, even with that, he made the pass that would have been a first down on the very first drive, but Hopkins didn't hold on to it.

Seriously, I know you have it out for Fitz, but use your brain man. You can do better.