1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you consider a QB change at this point?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Eric Riley, Oct 9, 2014.

?

Would you consider a QB change at this point?

1. Yes - Bring in Mallett or Savage

146 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. No - Stick with Fitzpatrick as the starter (for now)

79 vote(s)
    35.1%
  1. Remii

Remii Member

1st off _ New England had two all world TE's and an all world slot receiver and all three of those players dominated the middle of the field.... We don't have that..

Secondly _ Tom Brady is no scrub... Fitzpatrick is...

3rd _ I'm not 100% positive that O'Brien designed that offense in New England. I believe that was more on Belichick and McDaniels and O'Brien just took over the play calling when McDaniels left...

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Just because there is no mention of Mallet being better doesnt mean its not assumed. Otherwise, why bring Mallet in when we're still in the playoff race? When games still matter, nobody is just going to say "Bring Mallet in" if they dont think he's an upgrade. If they're just saying "Bring Mallet in" with no expectation that he will be better, then they are idiots to say that when we are in the playoff race. If they actually think he is better, then that's a different story...but they would be wrong there too.

1 person likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Because they're sold on the idea that Fitzpatrick will not get us to the playoffs.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

And I'd argue, if there is an area I'd rate Fitz as above-average, it's probably his pocket awareness/mobility - he's been very good at avoid the rush and moving into space - and his scrambles have all been huge (including another one last night on the drive AJ single-handedly sunk).

The OL has been terrible in pass protection this year.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

And if they think Fitz can't do it and they want Mallet, that must mean they think Mallet can't be worse...right?

(You actually don't have to guess because that's what been said for two weeks)

6. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

No. But I'll leave you and your strawman to your own devices. :)

7. rezdawg

Okay, but that's not the point...

You responded to justtxyank's post (regarding people saying Mallet is better than Fitz) by saying that people are just saying "Bring Mallet in" with no mention of him being better...which is completely false...because there is no reason for them to say that if they dont think he can be better. Doesnt matter if they're sold on Fitz or not. You dont just randomly say "Bring Mallet in" unless you think he can be better.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yawn.

What did people really expect?

Did they think Bill O'Brien was just gonna turn Fitz into a good QB? The Kool-Aid must have been extra sweet.

If you want the team to start losing by 10 instead of 5 then you start Mallet. That's all changing QBs on this team will do.

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I say bring in Mallet.

I have no idea if he is better or worse.

He could be better, but he's probably worse (that's what the odds are, anyway).

However, Fitzpatrick is not taking this team anywhere but a mid-first round pick, ever.

So, not sure how you can argue no one can call for Mallet to start without expecting him to be better when you're literally talking to that person right now.

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i said it once & i'll say it again, you have not a clue.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The same people who pull the hardest for Mallett are the same people who think Fitz played poorly last night.....I think that says all we need to know about their evaluation skills.

12. rezdawg

Uh...you're saying Mallet can be better than Fitz.

Every person that is saying to bring Mallet assumes he could be better than Fitz...which is the initial point that I made.

13. rezdawg

Funny, coming from the guy that said the Colts D Line blows and that Brooks being out shouldnt have a big impact. And the guy that thought the Colts O Line would get destroyed.

ROFLMAO.

14. rezdawg

+1 brownie for bobby. I dont give those out to you often, but you get a point here.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

That lost ball in last two minute play led me to vote "Yes" in the poll although there is no clear cut for a change or not.

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

"COULD" vs "IS"

I refer you to the original post.

Do I need to explain any further, or do you get the difference now?

Once again, being done with Ryan Fitzpatrick does not necessitate being convinced Ryan Mallet is better. That's invalid logic and demonstrably false. You can hold onto hope of this being a playoff team without trying to prop up that strawman. I don't begrudge anyone for it.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If I go and pull the posts where those phrases have been used will you admit defeat and stop the argument?

18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Go for it. I wouldn't mind seeing who these idiots are. Probably people who post very sparsely with the IQ of Remii. Regardless of whether you're right about that contingent existing (not really sure how many there are, 2-3?), the "argument" I'm more concerned about is this idea that you can't want Mallet without being dead-lock convinced he's better than Fitzpatrick. That's a load of crap, and you know it.

19. rezdawg

I understand the difference of Could vs. Is...but maybe you're failing to see all the hate Fitz is getting on here? Maybe your logic is fine, but plenty of people think Fitz is the worst thing to happen to this team.

Reference 1: Mario_V

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Oh brother, ya need a room? The point that has been trying to get across that seems to be missed by some of you is: we arent going anywhere with Fitz and Mallet probably isnt the answer nor is Savage but ya dont know that until they get actual gametime play! Fitz has had that, the others have not! If you are content with being mediocre then more power to ya but there are some of us that want to see other options. Dang its not that hard to grasp.