1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you consider a QB change at this point?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Eric Riley, Oct 9, 2014.

?

Would you consider a QB change at this point?

1. Yes - Bring in Mallett or Savage

146 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. No - Stick with Fitzpatrick as the starter (for now)

79 vote(s)
    35.1%
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

And I answered the question already with a "no".

I'll crunch the numbers in a bit.

2. Remii

Remii Member

John Elway was benched his rookie year dude....

And Carr's YPA isn't 5.5... So you're making that up... Unless you meant David Carr.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

I've always like Jimmy more than Carr. Even if Carr's name was Derek Plane, I wouldn't have been more impressed.

4. rezdawg

1st half: 123/189, 1558 yards, 65%, 8.24 ypa, 7 TD, 7 INT, 87.6 rating
    2nd half: 128/191, 1485 yards, 67%, 7.78 ypa, 8 TD, 3 INT, 97.7 rating

1st half: 202/298, 2658 yards, 68%, 8.98 ypa, 19 TD, 6 INT, 109.3 rating
    2nd half: 194/287, 2112 yards, 68%, 7.36 ypa, 10 TD, 9 INT, 87.6 rating

1st half: 115/175, 1593 yards, 66%, 9.10 ypa, 10 TD, 3 INT, 106.7 rating
    2nd half: 63/117, 886 yards, 54%, 7.57 ypa, 5 TD, 3 INT, 82.1 rating

1st half: 194/310, 2249 yards, 63%, 7.26 ypa, 16 TD, 6 INT, 93.6 rating
    2nd half: 142/212, 1576 yards, 67%, 7.43 ypa, 5 TD, 4 INT, 88.9 rating

In 2010, that's the one year the Texans played from behind the majority of the year...

1st half: 1654 yards, 6.59 ypa, 9 TD, 7 INT, 79 rating
    2nd half: 2644 yards, 8.47 ypa, 15 TD, 4 INT, 104 rating

I think it's safe to say that Schaub didnt accumulate most of his stats in the 2nd half of games when the score was already out of reach. In fact, we had the lead so many times, that we went into full conservative mode in the 2nd half of games.

All in all, the majority of Schaub's numbers have come from 1st half production when the Texans were either in the lead or within 1 possession at halftime. Therefore, pretty unfair to assume that Matt got his numbers because the Texans were playing from behind or because we were getting blown out and his numbers came in garbage time.

5. rezdawg

No, Derek Carr's YPA before Sunday was 5.5. He had 734 yards on 133 pass attempts.

So, as I stated, before Sunday's performance, he hadnt done anything in the NFL worth noting.

6. Remii

Remii Member

I meant break down each individual game... Give the ranking of the pass defenses too while you're at it...

7. Remii

Remii Member

It's not about who you liked are who you were impressed with. I wasn't thinking about Carr either. Blake, Jimmy, and Logan (as a project) were the QB's I liked the best coming out of college. But Carr has been out there dropping some dimes. I'm not gonna hate and ignore that just because I didn't like him coming out of college.

A few weeks ago he threw a beautiful back shoulder TD pass that many vets can't make. He has some serious arm talent.

8. Remii

Remii Member

And you come to that conclusion because of his YPA which you claim to be the most important stat on the planet for evaluating quarterbacks...??? Lol...

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah... still not impressed.

10. rezdawg

I came to that conclusion bc he did nothing that was impressive on the field. His YPA was low, his QB rating was low, his percentage was low...

Just look at the Texans game, he was down 27-0 before the Raiders reeled off 170 yards of offense in their last couple drives, capping it with a Carr TD pass with 20 seconds left against our bench.

Look at things in context and you'll realize that Carr has been garbage up until Sunday.

11. rezdawg

I've done enough to prove you wrong...so now it's up to you to figure it out.

12. Remii

Remii Member

I can respect that Nimo... I just think the kid is doing a good job under those circumstances. And like I pointed out to rez _ not many rookie quarterbacks set the world on fire in their 1st year. Even John Elway was benched his rookie year.

You mean the way you're looking at things in context by ignoring the fact that he got the starting job at the last minute when Schaub was taking the starter's reps during the off season (same goes for Teddy and Blake)...???

& yea, that dude J.J. Watt is such a scrub... A rookie QB should have been able to dominate against him :rolleyes:

You should try looking at things in context as well.

Naw... I just wanted to see if you were stupid enough to keep spinning your wheels and doing what I told you to do like you're "r****ded"...

You should stop calling people that word by the way. There are people who read this board who may have mentally challenged children, family members, and or friends _ you're offending more than just the people you are talking to when you say that. Grow up dude...

13. rezdawg

When did anyone say that Carr should have dominated? You make crap up left and right.

Ryan Tannehill played his first year against a guy named Watt too, what's your ****ing point? Nobody has said anything about rookies having to come in and dominate...but I also don't have to sing them praises when they play like scrubs. Up until Sunday, Derek had done nothing on the field to merit any praise, even for a rookie.

Honestly, you suck at this...you make stuff up to strengthen your argument, and when you get factual info thrown into your face, you switch topics to avoid embarrassment. You're a waste of time.

14. Remii

Remii Member

So says the guy who has to result to name calling and having hissy fits on an anonymous blog.

Yes... I did have you wasting your time crunching those numbers like an idiot...

Now that was a troll job but you had it coming. I'm through pulling on your strings for today rez... It's been fun. :)

15. rezdawg

Again, with the random untrue comments...Ive had anything but hissy fits. If anything, it's just annoying dealing with people who know so little about the sport.

And I didnt crunch any numbers....if you go to a player's stats, there are splits for first half and second half. Copy and paste. Simple as that.

At the end of the day, it was worth showing that you make stuff up and try to splatter it across the internet. Schaub showed you the door. Please exit.

16. Remii

Remii Member

So says the genius who says YPA is the single most important stat for evaluating a quarterback... Lol...

You also didn't even know John Elway was benched as a rookie when I asked if you expected rookie quarterbacks to play as good as he did his rookie year and you said no... Lmao...

Don't let me catch you calling people r****ded again chump...

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Arguing with Remii is the most pointless thing you can do at CF....and that's saying a lot. At some point you just have to write him off and move on, it's not worth the time or effort because no matter how many times you prove him wrong it won't change a thing. He probably still thinks the Texans should have drafted Sammy Watkins at #1

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Boy the last page of this thread is a dumpster full of trying way too hard.

1 person likes this.
  19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I dunno... Funny how rezdawg thinks YPA, QB Rating, and Comp % are the "end all" stats to evaluate a QB.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, those are pretty much the best way to evaluate QB's....What better way is there in your opinion?