1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you be shocked?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Apr 22, 2023.

?

Who mostly likely gets traded if this roster is upgraded threw trade?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2023.
  1. Jalen Green

9 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Segun

43 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Kevin porter Jr

73 vote(s)
    54.1%
  4. Tari Eason

12 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. Jabari Smith

7 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. 2023 Pick

29 vote(s)
    21.5%
  7. Nobody team is rebuilding? It's a slow Process

9 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Kj Martin

60 vote(s)
    44.4%
  9. Combo

30 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If Houston trades some of there Core rebuild this Summer on a vet or Star?

Who would you say would likey be traded for a certain Vet or possibly a star?

I doubt they they trade anybody but if they did....

2. xaos

xaos Member

I would say KPJ now that were trying to win games, but that implies another team wants him.... so, KMJ

KelvinCato13 and clos4life like this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

To me the pick for sure but it could be the best bet for getting a vet that would work with the players you have. That's if stone likes his young core

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

50% chance KPJ gets traded, and if so, probably for some aging veteran on a bad contract, or some giveaway to get a 2nd round pick, or something like that.

At least a 1 in 3 chance we draft Scoot or Amen, higher if an opportunity presents itself to trade up. If one of those guys is drafted, I think KPJ has to go. You can't afford to pair rookie-level decisionmaking with KPJ-level decisionmaking at the 1 and still hope to add to the win total. And you don't want him setting a bad example for our point guard of the future. He's too small to play the 3, and we already have two promising players at that position anyway. He has to go if that's the draft outcome. If he doesn't, Stone is dumber than I think.

If we don't draft one of those two guys, it would depend on who we land in free agency and/or trades and how KPJ reacts to moving to the bench. I can see him as a 6th man combo guard off the bench playing behind Harden, FVV, etc. I think there is still some possibility he'd need to be traded. Just depends on how he takes it and how our new coach is able to handle his personality.

After KPJ, I think the next-most likely to be traded are Tari Eason and KJ Martin, because a proven 3-and-D wing is an obvious upgrade to the roster, and those two guys, much as I like them, probably don't have all-star potential.

Lastly, Sengun could be traded if a deal for a superstar opens up and the team we're trading with wants him, but I think the odds of that are very low.

Almost no chance Green or Jabari get traded. I also seriously doubt the Rockets will find a deal they like enough to give away our top draft pick, except maybe if it lands #6 and they don't like their options at that pick. It is historically pretty hard to trade top of the lottery picks and get good value back.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Segun"

heh heh

thinly-disguised anti-Sengun poll

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I really don’t want to trade any of Tari, Jabari, Sengun or Green. I mean, that’s why we tanked right? Taking swings on developmental talent. I just think the upside of all 4 is way too high. Everyone else plus the clippers pick and all our 2nds should be on the table to add another major piece through trade. KJ and Tate have 1st round pick value across the league. KPJ probably has late 1st/early 2nd value. TyTy probably has some late 1st value. Garuba and JC at least have 2nd round value. we should be able to aggregate all of that into a core veteran piece.

#6 Aruba77, Apr 22, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2023
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I have a really hard time seeing KPJ’s trade value, especially now that he is starting to get seriously paid.

If KPJ was on another team, would anyone here want him coming back in a trade?

#7 No Worries, Apr 22, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I think Jalen Green and Jabari Smith are the only two untouchables.

But I don’t see any other player that could headline a trade.

csc177 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Almost assuredly Sengun

maj21 likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Maybe some GM is higher on him than the GARM. There are some pretty bad/desperate front offices around the league. But I can also see some scenarios cropping up where the Rockets give him away for essentially nothing if they have to. Drafting Scoot would be one of those--Scoot should start right away and KPJ would not take kindly to that.

saleem and No Worries like this.
  11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We really need to either scheme around Sengun or trade him to someone that wants to.

And about KPJ….. I think I value him enough to see how the next season or two goes. I want us to make him 6th man with a chance to beat out Green for the starting, shooting guard spot the next couple years. And I know that he is better than Green right now overall. I want us to allow Green to be the primary ball handler unless we land Henderson or go the Harden route. Also, I think it would be a good test and kind of give us an idea at where Porter is that in his maturity. I just don’t know what his trade value is right now, but I think he’s a pretty good player I generally think his trade value will go up. If it totally craters because he throws a soufflé at someone, then no big deal because the sunk cost is not tremendous.

And although Martin is a great young prospect, I think that his impending contract situation, probably dings his value a good bit.

Ren ason, conquistador#11 and xaos like this.
  12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

PLAYERS to be TRADED
    Segun, Porter, Tate, Nix, Garuba.
    End of Contract
    Kaminsky, Days, Hudgin, Boban.

Ren ason likes this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not sure why you hate Sengun so much.

arabrocket likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Focus on building out an 8-9 player rotation that can play 3 yrs together.

Sengun
    Jabari
    Tari
    Green
    Draft pick
    FA
    FA
    Player through trade
    Filler

15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Sengun and Tari are untouchables, JGreen and Bari are nearly untouchables.
    Keep the quartet+Tari's mom. Others? Who cares?

larry cook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Porter since the Rockets want to win games next season

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

im seeing a poopoo platter of kpj, kmj, and the clips pick... as a base offering...
    then we can add our pick if outside the top 3...
    then agree to throw in JC... or tate if they have a desire...

mightybosstone likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

ramotadab likes this.
  20. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

KPJ, KMJ and Tate, with an option of adding some of the future assets for the right deal.

Why KPJ?
    The PG experiment has failed, and his best role on the team would be a spot up wing or 6th man. I would like to keep him because he has serious talent, but everything else is a huge question mark. I worry how would a guy who was enabled so much (option to skip practice, not being benched when visibly sulking etc) will react to a more strict approach and reduced role. I don't want us to find it out first hand, so I would look to trade him this summer. His numbers are good and he's had a realtively trouble free season, so IMO Stone will try and trade him this summer while his value is on the rise. His contract is team friendly, so his cap hold can be used in a bigger move if one presents itself.

Why KJ?
    He's exciting to watch, and has great chemistry with our core, but he's not a starter at the 3 yet. His handles and perimeter defense are lacking, and his athleticism can't make up for his size. His shot is also inconsistent. He is a menace in the open court though, and is a great help defender, so he should have value.

Why Tate?
    He's the perfect role player for contenders, a playmaking PJ Tucker-lite. You could make a case to keep him, but right now he has more value to other teams than to us.

Garuba and JC are also possibilities, but I think they were both underused and I would give them one more chance to see them play in a structured system. Garuba needs to slim down, but he has great instincts on D and is actually a good passer. JC can be a great sixt man, but he needs to learn to share the ball more.

In return, I would like to see us get back a Starter at 1 and 3 (FA+Trades), a backup like Augustin but actually playable if needed, and a vet defensive backup C.

AroundTheWorld likes this.