1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you be okay with an asterisk championship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Apr 11, 2018.

?

Would you be okay with an asterisk championship?

1. Yes, a Larry O'Brien is a Larry O'Brien trophy.

96.1%
  2. No, I only want a championship by beating teams at their best.

3.9%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, I have to.... :rolleyes:

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Cavs the following year beat the Warriors after Draymond was suspended in Game 5 and Bogut went down with an injury in the same game. The Warriors won the title the year after that when Zaza took out Kawhi in Game 1 of the WCF.

Virtually every champion could be given an asterisk if we start to nitpick who was in the lineup and who wasn't.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Blah blah blah I'm not much of a Rockets fan so I like to troll in a passive aggressive manner."

Reeko and Nook like this.
  4. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Oh they hear it. But I certainly wouldn't gave apologized for beating a Cavs team missing 2 of their top 3 players had that been the Rockets instead.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Does it bother you that you get an asterisk for being a male, but not a man?

Worry about getting your own house in order.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Breh my life is FAR from being in order :(

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Another knee jerk post.. You guys realize we just lost Luc yesterday? Lmao

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Do the Mavs have an asterisk beside their Championship?

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

0/10 thread.

delete

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

NOTHING LIKE AN ASTERISK CHAMPIONSHIP

The only asterisk is when I watch you serve me my McD's meal and when I mark asterisk on the receipt, you supersize it for me

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

does GSW's 2015 championship have an * ?

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This is a heated topic and one that can only begin with all parties agreeing they would gladly accept an "asterisk" from their own teams.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

The Warriors championship with tons of injury luck while they were amazingly healthy is never brought up as an asterisk championship because they returned and became the greatest regular season team of all time record wise and continue to dominate. The only point where an asterisk championship becomes legitimate is when a team wins the championship and then falls off the map completely showing it was a fluke.

It's never done more than annoy me when people outside of Houston constantly talk about our 2 championships as if they were flukes. I still find myself looking back to those runs on youtube almost once every few months. I'll surely cherish this run no matter the circumstances and i'll absolutely waste tons of my time arguing with idiots on the internet about why our championship(s) don't require an asterisk.

No one can take anything from our 95 team of destiny. That's still one of the greatest championship routes ever in all of sports. Pains me to say, but Dallas had themselves a very 95 like run when they won with DIrk going bonkers and their role players never missing any 3s. Not better than our run as it was for a back to back, but they beat a halfway decent Blazers team that had a shell of Brandon Roy, who they surprisingly lost 2 games to in the series. The most they'd lose the rest of the way as they'd sweep Kobes Lakers, beat KD,Harden,Westbrook in 5, then beat the newly formed HEATLES in the same amount of time it took the Mavs to beat the Blazers. Pretty remarkable. Unfortunately will go forgotten and mostly remembered as a LeBron career dud all because Cuban tore the team up just a few months later to chase free agents that never came. I hope we don't do that.

#35 Caesar, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  16. ballscientist1

Some say All LeBron's Championships are asterisk championships.

A different city has different culture, different custom and different way to recognize asterisk championships.

If this vote is in Silicon Valley area (Warriors location), no one would recognize asterisk championships.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Absolutely.

18. HTM

HTM Member

Obvious Troll is obvious.

Cannot believe people still keep seriously responding to this guy.

He isn't a Rockets fan.

He makes threads like these that are subtle (or not so subtle to me) jabs all the time.

Wise up Clutchfans.

19. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

IMO hell yeah. The one championship they could have gotten respect for they blew a 3-1 lead. All they did was replace their 4th option with KD.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Yeah if all our opponents in the playoffs suffer debilitating injuries for the next 5 years and we win 5* championships I'm still good with that. Have fun with that tanking and hoping Smith isn't trash, Dallas fans.