1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

would we have won tonight if we had tmac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

agreed

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

The question should be ..."should you be banned for mentioning another Tmac thread"? I would think so...WHO CARE ABOUT TMAC and his lazy motivation. Get over it!! IF you like him so much...then go to Knicks board and discuss about it.

3. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

lol at this thread. as i always post in these threads... replace tmac with landry. any of the tmac threads that start off "would we have won if we had..." or "did we trade away the heart of the team with..."

we lost something when we lost landry. not tmac.

4. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

2006 nba playoffs.
    Kmart buzzer beaters versus Spurs.

I guess this proves T-*** fans aren't real basketball fans.

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Wow really? I am an idiot because I made a true statement? Get your facts straight.

Look at KMART's player card on NBA.COM
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_martin/career_stats.html

In 06-06 He was a bench player who played 25 minutes a game. That is hardly saying he lead his team to the playoffs. He was role player on a good team. Not the best player on a crappy team. SEE TMAC in Orlando.

You gotta be kidding me with your argument there. You don't remember TMAC's game winner the 1st year he was here in game 2 against the Mavericks?

KMART's career playoff averages.... 40.7% fg 5 Rbs 0.5 Assists and 13.2 pts

TMAC's career playoff averages ... 43% fg 6.9 Rbs 6.2 Assists and 28.5 pts

Get the eff out of here with your garbage.

6. Landryman14

Landryman14 Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP THESE THREADS

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

OH WTF does it matter when he makes the game winning shot. As long as it is the game winning shot. Who cares if he makes it with the red light going off. Where was he last night with the game on the line. WATCHING AARON BROOKS.

8. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

First off it's 06-07, not 06-06.

Second of all read what you wrote. "He hasn't even gotten to the playoffs"
    You didn't say anything about leading his team to the playoffs, if so I wouldn't have said anything.

Third- I am not kidding. There was still 1 second remaining. There has never been a Tracy Mcgrady buzzer beater in a Houston uniform. I'm talking about "BUZZER" like ala Kobe.

Fourth- I've got to be kidding with your argument? REALLLY? Which is why you compared T-wack's career playoff averages and K-mart's WHEN YOU JUST SAID "He was a bench player who played 25 minutes a game"

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stop living in the past
    or at least stop living in the past where the Rockets kept losing in the first round and overpaid players cry and b**** and talk about how they wish they played with tim duncan or shaq

If you want to reminisce on Rockets history please look up some of these players, you might learn something

Calvin Murphy
    Moses Malone
    Ralph Sampson
    Akeem Olajuwon
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Vernon Maxwell
    Otis Thorpe
    Clyde Drexler
    Robert Horry
    Charles Barkley
    Ron Artest

sincerely.. the HOUSTON (yes HOUSTON) ROCKETS

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I meant to say he hasn't even led his team to the playoffs. I know he was there once as a reserve player. But what happenned after Artest Left and Bonzi Left? He lead his team straight to the lottery.

11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

First like I said before that was a typo. I meant to say he hasn't even lead his team to the playoffs. IE TMAC in ORLANDO.

Every year he has started or play significant minutes his team went straight to the lottery.

AND WTF does it matter if its a buzzer beater or a game winner? Same outcome. That video showed me nothing but the right player at the right time.

Tracy Mcgrady's playoff failures have everything to do with his supporting cast and not his play. His stats will back that up. Who could have won with the team he had in Orlando. It was straight up garbage.

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

OH and just for the sake of all the other arguments against TMAC.

DID the Kings win that series?????

Yeah that's what I thought.

13. shamz145

shamz145 Member

TEE MAC TO THE RACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-MAC, COME BACK
    T-MAC, COME BACK
    T-MAC, COME BACK
    T-MAC, COME BACK
    T-MAC, COME BACK
    T-MAC, COME BACK
    T-MAC, COME BACK
    T-MAC, COME BACK

14. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

Rick Adelman left, that's what happened.

Oh and btw. You want me to get my facts straight?

"K-mart was a role player on a good team, it's not like he was a star on a crappy team. SEE TMAC IN ORLANDO"

Let's see.
    K-mart's rookie year on the Kings, they finished 44-38.
    You know what that reminds me of? Orlando's 01-02 record but like you said they were a "crappy" team despite them going...... WAIT FOR ITTTT..

44-38

15. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

Nope, but it wasn't on knee.
    I mean Kevin Martin.
    a 44-38 team ALMOST beating the Spurs that year is comparable to a Yao-less Houston team beating the lakers.
    I'm not even saying anything about T-wack's failures.
    Lets see, 103-99

reminds me of??
    Oh yeah GAME 7 06-07
    MAY-5-2007

We were up 88-83 with 4 minutes left to play.
    Mr. Mcgriddles decides to take two ill advised jump shots from the top of the key with more than 14 seconds remaining left on the shotclock.

Mr. Mcgriddles also happened to miss how many free throws???

We lost by??

He got all confident once we were up 88-83 and starting jacking up shots.
    Look how that turned out.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure what u are arguing there. We know what that team was without TMAC. They got the 1st pick in the draft. Lets see what was there record???
    21-61..

So essentially without even playing significant minutes KMART the Kings could go 44-38 which makes them a good team.

Without TMAC the Magic are 21-61.. I think your argument is just proving me correct.

And I don't even know why u got all defense on me in the first place. I never said I didn't like KMART. I just want him to prove something to me before go on ahead and say he's better than TMAC.

TMAC is the best wing player the Rockets have ever had. He may not have been as successful as some others, but the excitement, the skill, and
    based on pure ability he is the greatest wingman in Rockets History.

17. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

Correction. It was not his rookie year BUT you said he had a good team.
    Yet your boy T-wack had the same record on his team in 01-02

The year before, only 1 win less than the "good" sacramento kings.
    43-39

02-03- 42-40

Those crap teams are comparable to that Sacramento Kings team of 06-07

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Would we even have been in a game 7 if we had KMART instead of TMAC? Not even talking about Kmart of back then. We can take the KMART of today.

TMAC is the only reason we got to game 7 in the first place. He was the best player on the court in every series he's ever played. Its just the other team always had either the 5 next best guys or 4 out of the next 5.

Who can take Rafer Alston Shane Battier and Chuck Hayes to the second round? I'd like to see that. He'd essentially have to score 50 just to make up for their lack of scoring.

19. Wack-T-713

Wack-T-713 Member

Without T-mac the Magic are 21-61?
    Really?

How many games did T- WACK play that year.

67 out of 82 is? 81.7 or 82%
    Meaning he played 82% of the games that year. (Something he knows nothing about in Houston)

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Only because TMAC made them a good team. Without TMAC they are garbage. That is my arguement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.