1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would We Be Willing to Give Up Imperialism to Combat Terrorism?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously? I expect more from you.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

ATW, the human low-life that he is, didn't equate Political Islam to Nazism.

He Equated ALL of Islam to Nazism.

That's the difference between criticism and Islamophobia.

I agree that those Muslims who preach hate and believe suicide bombing an airport in Brussels is a good thing are no better than Nazis. But Let's be really clear. That thing called ATW is saying all of Islam is Nazis, and that is what makes him an Islamophobe.

#82 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Imperialists believing that they have the right to rape, pillage, and enslave people because the color of their skin is "superior"?

Yea sounds a lot more like blue eyed, fair skinned people with swastikas thinking they have the right to govern the world.

The nazi analogy in a thread about imperialism really shows how warped some people's thinking is, and to the individual(s) that believe the pendulum doesn't actually swing the other way---you just have to acknowledge that you're a $hitty person, blame your upbringing, parents, lack of values..etc at that point.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude, own up to what you say, you like to argue to be the contrarian - yet hate being called out for it.

You were New Yorker, you said those things - the truth is the truth.

DD

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Whatever margrave.

The irony is that the things that idiot quoted me on doesn't even support his point. I was criticizing Islamic Martyrs who strap bombs on themselves, not all Muslims like he was.

So I am very perplexed by your "own up to what you say" shtick. What I posted 10 years ago on this BBS isn't even germane to the conversation today. We all know you have changed your mind many many times. I am just surprised you would encourage that P.O.S. in his campaign to defame me. I have not played contrarian in 10 years - I have post my honest opinions in that time - and anyone who pays attention knows that. This is why that P.O.S. has to dig back to 2007 to try to make me look bad - he has nothing else.

#85 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Its almost time for me to hit the sack, but I'll leave you with a bit of advice. Some of the posters here have problems online, and their lives in general---it's like they're practically screaming their shortcomings and issues at the top of their lungs in the form of their posts. The D&D is nice because people can debate freely, but it also brings the worst out in others. You didn't say anything wrong, I disagreed with you on some of your points, but---- that still didn't make them wrong as even the statements so many like to echo as being "factual" ---are still opinions shaped by their respective biases. You won't change any minds, get your head out of this gutter. Its bad for normal people for the same reason it's an appealing outlet for obsessive, abnormal people.

Best of luck!

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Schizotypal personality disorder (STPD) or schizotypal disorder is a mental disorder characterized by severe social anxiety, paranoia, and often unconventional beliefs. People with this disorder feel extreme discomfort with maintaining close relationships with people, mainly for the fact that they think that their peers harbor negative thoughts towards them, so they avoid forming them. Peculiar speech mannerisms and odd modes of dress are also diagnostic signs of this disorder. In some cases, people with STPD may react oddly in conversations, not respond, or talk to themselves.[1]
    They frequently misinterpret situations as being strange or having unusual meaning for them; paranormal and superstitious beliefs are common. Such people frequently seek medical attention for anxiety or depression instead of their personality disorder.[2] Schizotypal personality disorder occurs in approximately 3% of the general population and is slightly more common in males.[3]

I'd like to encourage the individual that this applies to, to seek help---not from a D&D poster, but from a fellow rockets fan :)

8. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Well you previously stated you would never post in the D&D again, yet here you are.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You will not find ONE post from me where I blame all Muslims.

This is 100 % made up by you, a pure lie and fabrication. And everyone knows it, even those who think I am too critical of Islam.

You are not fooling anyone.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You just stated Islam = Nazism. You were not saying Political Islam = Nazism. You said Islam. Do not try to weasel your way out. You're a human piece of scum, and that's what 90% of people on this BBS thinks.

You have provided the proof of your Islamaphobia right here. And you don't even realize it. There is no excuse for this kind of comparison of the religion of 1 billion people to Nazism. You aren't talking about Political Islam, you are talking about the religion as a whole here.

So own up to your detest and hate of Islam and STFU.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Islam != all Muslims primarily because most Muslims just happened to be born into it and practice it culturally(pray 5 times a day, attend Jummah etc)because it's their family tradition while invoking their secular morality/human empathy when it really matters.

Actual Islam practiced the way the founder Muhammad intended is equitable to Nazism in terms of destructiveness and lack of regard to the modern day notion of human rights. The ironic thing here Sweet Lou is if I mentioned 'the same goes for Christianity' you would have no problems with me saying that. For some reason you are fine with people ****ting on the ideology of Christianity but not Islam. Why is that?

You basically made an argument that criticism of an ideology equals being bigoted.

#91 fchowd0311, Apr 4, 2016
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Saying Islam = Nazism is not sane criticism.

13. fchowd0311

Why not? Because it sounds bad? Give me some nuanced reason besides "It's bigoted".

I can give you nuanced reasons why but you will never tackle them directly because I have far greater knowledge of Islam than you.

Again, the main difference is that Nazism is a 'opt-in' ideology while Islam is an 'opt-out' ideology. Most Muslims never 'opted-in' to Islam while Nazis actively made a decision to follow the ideology of Nazism.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

If someone were to say Christianity = Nazism, it would be clear they are spreading fear and hate towards those who follow Christianity. It's no different than saying it about Islam. He is attacking the overarching religion - which is an indirect attack on anyone who follows the ideology.

It's quite clear, I am not sure what nuance is necessary.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

In fact, the only one that called Muslims Nazis was Sweet Lou/New Yorker.

I criticize the ideology, and those who believe in things like death penalty for apostasy and gays, subjugation of women, supremacist aim for ruling over people of other beliefs. Sadly, these beliefs are held by hundreds of millions of Muslims. As far as these doctrines are part of the religion itself, yes, I am strongly criticizing the religion itself as a whole. And yes, these doctrines are comparable to elements of Nazi doctrine.

I have no problem with people practicing whatever spiritual practices within that religion. If they want to fast, if they want to pray, if they want to dress a certain way (however, the veiling is a different issue, as it is related to subjugation of women), if they want to go to mosques - I have no issue with that.

I have said it a thousand times, and I will say it again: My issue is with the intolerant and intolerable elements of the ideology, and the effects of people following these doctrines and trying to force them on others. My issue is not with people who are Muslims in a spiritual way, but do not follow these intolerant doctrines.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Please stop lying. I was equating suicide bombers with Nazis. You are trying to deceive here in a very obvious way, again showing what a piece of **** you are.

17. fchowd0311

So anyone who states the core of Islam is contradictory to the notion of modern human right's is bigoted?

Hypothetical: If I created a religion today and I was a mass serial killer and raped many women and part of my religion is to follow my life as the perfect example of a morally sound human, and somehow my relgion gains traction and one thousand years later 1 billion people follow it, majority of whom only following the customs and traditions aspect of it and not the moral teachings aspect of it mainly because most of them just happened to be born into it, would that make a person from a thousand years from now bigoted if they call the core ideology of my religion as I intended it to be practiced as 'evil' bigoted?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

If you look at any major world religion including Christianity, Judaism, and Hinduism - there are a lot of controversial and toxic ideas in these text that contradict the modern interpretation of religion.

Singling out one religion for its ancient texts is a curious thing to do.

19. fchowd0311

Wut?

Obviously Islam's draconian views primarily making someone like Muhammad the best moral example of what a human ought to be has SOME tangible consequences today so yes it's a fair way of analyzing religion.

And yes, there is a distinct difference between Islam and Christianity and it has all to do with who the most venerated figure of each religion is.

Also another important distinction that makes Islam inherently more dangerous than Christianity is that the most venerated figure for Christianity (Jesus) actually advocated for a more private relationship with God and didn't like mixing religion with government while Muhammad was the complete opposite. Islam inherently has far greater ambitions to for politicizing than Christianity. Jesus was arguably the first 'figure'(don't know if he actually existed historically) that advocated a very early notion of the separation of church and state.

#99 fchowd0311, Apr 4, 2016
  20. dmoneybangbang

LOL. So Islam is more violent than Christianity, is that like arguing over the tallest midget? Seems pretty dumb.

You were born in a time where radical Islam is a threat, just like if you were born in Latin America 3 hundred years ago you'd be complaining about radical Christians.

Life is contextual.