1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would the Rockets be this good right now if we had Carmelo over Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Nov 26, 2017.

?

Would we be better right now with Carmelo or Ryno?

1. We would be better with Carmelo Anthony

49 vote(s)
    33.6%
  2. We are better with Ryan Anderson

97 vote(s)
    66.4%
  1. jacoby

jacoby Member

Ryan Anderson is giving us 12 points and 6 boards on 40% shooting from 3 with 62% TS. His usage rate is just 15%.

Carmelo is giving OKC 20 and 6 per night on 37% 3 point shooting. His TS% is 53% and his usage is 37%.

Seems to me like we dodged a bullet with Carmelo moving out to OKC. It's still early though. What do you guys think?

If there is a thread on this already feel free to lock it.

Nigel Thornberry, B-Bob, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I honestly think if we had Melo we would be on a 19 game winning streak... no shot at Ryan because he has been good with CP3. Melo would go nutz with CP3!

3. FearTheBeardJH

Anderson is better than Carmelo so Rockets would be worse.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think Melo would be better here than he is in OKC...we have smarter players, more unselfish players, and a better system/coach

I was all in on Olympic Melo, but there is a part of me that thinks that Melo will never really change his ISO ways because it’s too ingrained in his head

I’ll say this tho, I’d take Road Ryno over Melo all day...Road Ryno is more valuable than Melo

I do think we might’ve dodged a bullet...I never viewed Melo as a long-term option...I was mostly excited about what he could give us this year

Melo opting in would’ve been a problem too...his salary is too high

5. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Your forgetting that they’re diff systems. Melo’s stats would be better all the way through playing here

6. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

CP3 wasn't playing for 14 of the 19 games.

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

ashleyem? Is that you?

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Even after teaming up with PG and Westbrook, Melo can't shake his bullsh!t iso-ball habits. He hasn't adjusted his game at all, just like he didn't adjust for MDA in the past. He'll never change.

Given Ryan's improved defense and rebounding, I don't think we'd be better with Carmelo. That said, the trade still probably would have been worth it to get out from under Ryno's contract.

joeson332, s3ts, ElDobleK and 2 others like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With the way Anderson has stepped up his defense, the Rockets would be worse off with Melo over Anderson.

10. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Way better. Anderson doesn't draw double teams my friend.

Exiled likes this.
  11. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Resounding no. The only game he could have possibly helped was when we lost to Philly and no one could create any offense.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Well considering Melo is averaging about 1.6 assists per game his teammates aren't exactly benefiting from his double teams. The chemistry Ryno has with CP3 and his improved defense make me think he's the better fit so far. He can really stretch the defense while Melo will always take the low efficiency shot.

14. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

No, Melo isn't that good of a player and in this system all he'd do is screw up the offense

Rox11 and Mazulis like this.
  15. rockpileindisma

Your username got me feelin some type of way

Dopamine, nemac, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

Lmao@ppl blaming Melo for OKC's losing. Their coach has no offensive system and everything they do is based off of ISO. That is not Carmelo's fault. I guess it's Carmelo's fault they lost to us in the playoffs last year too? Because they played the same ISO ball

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

No.

Melo going to OKC was a blessing in disguise. This offense is too legit to have melo doing 18 foot jacks trying to get 20 a game.

Anderson said it best when he said hes not sure melo is the type of guy willing to go some games with only 3 or 4 shots.

joeson332, TheFreak, kubli9 and 4 others like this.
  18. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when you have james harden nothing else matters

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think we do need another star scorer in order to compete with gsw, but melo isn't it. i was drinking the coolaid this summer because he was our best chance at a big 3, but after seeing the problems okc is having i'm happy morey didn't give up anything to get him.