1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would the Astros be interest in Giambi?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by bottlerocket, May 11, 2005.

1. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I would entertain the idea of trading Clemens for Giambi with condition that NY pay part of his contract. Yeah I know Giambi has admitted to using the juice, but so what? I would wager that he will not don't it again. Why would he? Yeah I know his batting avg has dip to the point where the NYY are thinking of sending him down to the minors. Which is why I think they would unload him and especially if the can get back the Rocket. Giambi hitting woes are all mental. Escape for NY is maybe what he needs. In Houston the ball park is smaller as well as the media.
    Face it Bagwell days might as well as be over at 1st base they way things are looking. We can reload with Giambi at 1st. Also, we will be doing the Rocket a favor as well. Sending him to place where he has won before and where he can get the run support he needs.
    I miss winning.

2. yc324

yc324 Member

You're kidding, right? Giambi is batting something like .195 right now. If it were possible, the Yankees would option him to the minors. Nevermind the fact that Giambi is such a HUGE fielding liability. He's a shell of the juiced up player he once was.

And trade Clemens for him?

I'd take Todd Self over Giambi.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Bad timing for this kind of post.....maybe a few years ago before the steroids fiasco.

Giambi sucks, and was only good because he use to juice up.

4. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

So you telling me that Giambi has no talent and needs the juice to hit ball into Crawford boxes or any where in Minute Maid Park?
    With the new steroid policy he would be a fool to test positive again. Even though Giambi is batting .19something I think he can be productive in a new enviroment. If the Astros or some other can get the NYY to pay of his salary as part of the exchange I think he will be worth the risk. Time usually heals all.

As for Clemens sure he is our best pitcher but most likely he won't be back next year so why not get something for him.He is wasting away here.
    NYY is the only place where he would want to be traded to he said that on ESPN Sunday Conversation last week.

5. MykTek

MykTek Member

i personally think Giambi needs to retire and take care of his health issues...prob b/c of using roids....

6. superden

superden Contributing Member

what in the...that is the worst thing i have ever heard in my life.

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Didn't I hear that Giambi is owed some 80-90 Million dollars through this decade?

8. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Giambi looks done. He is 34 years old and I just don't see him bouncing back at all. Alot of players are done at 34. Not everyone ages the same. Just look at Biggio and Bagwell as an example.

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If it wasn't for the shoulder Bagwell would still be putting up numbers.The fact he is able to do what he has as bad as that shoulder is shows what kind of pride the man has.Now Biggio is another story because to still be playing at a high level at 39 with the punishment he puts his body through on the field is amazing.If you critisize those 2 I just don't understand they make me proud to be an Astros fan win or lose.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Like Rome said, Jason Giambi without the juice is no better Jeremy Giambi.

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'd rather trade Buchholz back to Philly for Ryan Howard. :)

12. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Yup. With the juice, an MVP caliber player. Without, a marginal majors player.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

We already have a player with a big contract that's finished in Jeff Bagwell. Why would we want another one?

14. Summer Song Giver

Well, I'm dumbfounded :D

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

no interest

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The Yankees are talking about sending Giambi to the minors. That's what you want for Roger Clemens? That makes sense
    :rolleyes:

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I agree. I also agree with your signature.

18. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I'd rather have Biff Pocoroba

19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

No way. We do not need another high salary for a player who is a shell of himself.

20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member