1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Rondo Be A Possibility?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, Jan 31, 2013.

?

Trade for Rondo, yay or nay.

1. Yay!

40.4%
  2. Naaaayyy!

59.6%
  1. kozmo

kozmo Member

Lin isnt going anywhere

2. PopItRockets

PopItRockets Member

Rajon would be great complimentary to our bigs as long as Asik can catch his crazy passes. Ppat, Morris and Smith just catch and dunk or spot up and Rondo along Harden with Lin as reserve sounds really good. I don't know if Celtics will give him up but I would love him on this team as long as hes aggressive and doesn't shy away from shooting.

3. YaosDirtyStache

Id rather grow with Lin. I am not Lins biggest fan but I know he is so young that you cant discount him. There is no need for RONDO. Period. Our PG is basically a rookie if you think about it...so yea, go easy on the Lin hate. The Rockets are the youngest NBA team and we are actually pretty stellar...have patience damn it. Rome wasnt built overnight and we have what I believe to be the BEST GM in any sport at the helm of our ship.

2015 will be our year. 2013 and 2014 will be just plain fun to watch (and frustrating at times)

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

Most overrated PG in NBA, HECK NO considering what we have to give up.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

No. Develop Lin. Rondo is good though.

6. whyy

whyy Member

no, celtics aren't going to trade him, their banking on him being their future with garnett and pierce aging/declining. Rondo also costs more then lin, i'd rather invest in a PF and backup C to strengthen our front court and even if we did get him, hes got no one to play pick and roll with and asiks still gonna blow around 2-3 of hes assists every game.

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Yeah Lets trade Rondo and watch the locker room collapse in like a few days lol

8. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Celtics will not trade him.

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

If the Celts trade Rondo for Lin plus (expiring) pieces, they get to make one final run before blowing it up.

10. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

The question is do Morey consider Rondo a foundational piece? If we use advance statistics that are available to the public, Rondo is not IT.

And please, don't compare Rondo with CP3. Rondo isn't even close to CP3's stratosphere.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I'd take a backseat for the first half of next year while Rondo gets back to form...

if we could somehow manage to get rondo while keeping JLin and then putting JLin in a 6th man role

that is the best backcourt in the nba. better than LAC

or we could trade Lin.. I'm sure Boston would be interested

12. Windchime

Windchime Member

^ This! Is Rondo a better player then Lin right now? Absolutely! Is it possible that Lin will never reach Rondo's current level? Very much so (not saying it's not possible for Lin to grow to that level, if there's one thing I learned from the whole Linsanity thing is to never say where his ceiling is. He's very good with proving people wrong).

With his injury, we can probably not expect the current calibre Rondo for the remainder of this season and probably the next season with him coming off an injury and the time it takes to rearrange team chemistry. By the time he is back to his current condition, Rondo would be 28-ish which would put the Rockets on a won now situation. To do that it means we still need to solve the gaping hole at the 4 by the end of next season to put a solid group together.... with the salary implications of getting Rondo, the situation just doesn't look too bright :/

Anyhow, with all that said, I don't think Boston is going to trade him, so whatever. I'd rather be debating about the possibility of getting Josh Smith.

13. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

are teams allowed to trade a player that is out for the year with an injury?!

14. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Steph and Harden would be killer. CP3 and Harden would be monster as well. Rondo and Harden's intriguing as well. But as roxxy mentioned above, our main need for an upgrade is in the 4 spot, followed by a great backup center. Our guards are only a problem because McHale is using them wrong. It's our weak defensive presence up front, other than Asik. Asik can't do everything. He needs another tough big guy up there banging everything in sight. Also, when he sits it's a big welcome to the paint party down there.
    I don't care what Morey has said, the biggest need is in the starting 4 and backup 5 spots. That plus a year or two and we'll be good.

#94 raskol, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  15. raskol

I also think that McHale and co. will let Rondo play pg.

16. adobo

adobo Member

Another funny trade idea. Be patient. Think how good Lin and Asik will be in another year or 2. We all know there potential and what are there current weaknesses which can be easily fixed during the offseason. Lin + Asik + Harden combo is going to dominate this league for a few years as long as they stay healthy.

17. raskol

-Lin and Harden can be one of the most dynamic, constantly penetrating, and disruptive duo in 3 years.
    -Parsons is the quintessential glue guy/ swiss army knife guy that we absolutely need and he'll continue to develop.
    -Asik is the defensive presence and rebounding monster crucial to our future, stone hands and all.
    -PPat/Mook/D-Mo can't be the rebounding/defensive presence that we need no matter how hard they try. And they don't provide a viable post option or a pick n roll option, that will take our guards to the next level. All they give us is a stretch 4, but imo the team would be too soft to win games with stretch 4s and only Asik down low.

It's clear what position our next Rocket must be. And it must not be a stretch 4, but rather a bruiser, a defensive bruiser. And if our aspirations are truly championship aspirations, it should be an all-star PF. Get er done Morey!

#97 raskol, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

ACL is why Rondo shouldn't be our top target. ACL injury in football is different than basketball because in football you can rest like walking back to huddle after a play, or even rest on a down. In basketball, the plays don't stop until the whistle sounds and especially at PG, speed and cutting is very important. I know Rondo is still going to be a beast after the injury, but we will be getting a player that peaked. With our current style of basketball, Rondo will not be able to keep up. I don't think Rondo is going to take a pay cut because of injury, another reason to stay away.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Rondo will NEVER be able to shoot.

Harden needs a PG who can shoot beside him.

Granted, Lin cannot shoot the three ball either--but he might be able to learn. We know for a fact Rondo never will.

Besides, Rondo was so f***ing overrated even before the injury, and who knows if he'll be at the same level after coming back.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah, all those triple doubles are just a big fluke