1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Murray go for Wright?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Ainge is going to be a hard bargainer for Morey, and I'm skeptical any deal gets done with Boston.

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

You guys are crazy, I won't trade 2nd rounder for his arse and Black/Dorsey/Motiejunas does well backing up Howard, Brandan won't make any difference. It's like throwing away draft pick and $5M, Mavs would make fun of us.

3. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

But I thought once you go Black, you don't go back.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I feel the same way.

6. saleem

I believe that this is highly improbable because of the uncertainty of Jones' health.

7. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Wright would be a solid, energetic back-up to Dwight. I don't love that he's only 6'9 and rail-thin, but that's probably not as important for an NBA-centre as it use to be. He's clearly an upgrade over Black and Dorsey.

What about also getting Jae Crowder while we're at it? He plays solid D, can shoot 3's significantly better than Corey Brewer, and is probably cheaper from a value perspective. He could be a solid back-up for Harden and Ariza. Not sure if he's quick enough to play shooting guard though. Anyone watch him play?

Would love to make a minor yet potentially important trade like this, and reaping some reward from the Mavericks' "trash". We don't need to hit homers all the time, it's the singles and doubles that often get us there!

Azim da Dream

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wright would be a great backup for Dwight!!

Not sure what we'd have to give up.

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I like that!

A Dwright combo at C. A Motiejones bombo at PF.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I honestly think he's only worth a prospect and a 2nd rounder. But i don't think that'll be enough to get him from Ainge. Boston might rather hold onto him if they think he's part of their rebuild process.

If not and he's willing to trade him, I don't think the market demand would give him the 1st rounder he's probably hoping for.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Is.too much to ask him to bring it during the reg season at least against wc teams?

12. saleem

He is coming off a pretty nasty knee injury and now his shoulder is hurting too. It will take him some time to get completely healthy.

Let's hope for the best.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We'd have to wait for him all the way to the end of the trade deadline.

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

MAJOR Upgrade for us. Hopefully we can get that trade done.