1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would either team do this trade after Dec 15?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gizmo, Oct 8, 2000.

1. gizmo

gizmo Member

houston trades: Walt Williams $4,250,000 to atlanta
    houston trades: Carlos Rogers $2,200,000 to atlanta
    houston trades: Kenny Thomas $885,120 to atlanta
    TOTAL: $7,335,120

atlanta trades: Lorenzen Wright $4,950,000 to houston
    atlanta trades: DerMarr Johnson $2,107,200 to houston
    TOTAL: $7,057,200

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to houston and atlanta being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. houston and atlanta had to be within 15% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

just curious,
    (please dont rip me!!)

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Dermarr Johnson is a HUGE part of the Hawks future. He's one of the main guys they plan on building around. They're not going to trade him for Walt, Kenny, and Carlos. Also, I wouldn't want to tie up future cap room in the disappointing Lorenzen Wright, who's contract grows to over 7 million, and lasts until 2005. And if you brought Johnson here, longterm you'd be taking at Dermarr lot of the minutes Shandon normally gets at SF, which might cause Shandon to leave. It definitely is a bad deal for Atlanta, and looking at the players we have now and future cap room it isn't a great deal for us either.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com
    http://www.noarena.net

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

If i were atlanta i would definitely not do it and if i were houston i would, but it could cause chemistry problesm. three good sgs, sure you can move dermarr to sf, but that mean less minutes for shandon at the 3 which could translate into less mintues for cat at the 2. I bet phil jackson was drooling all over this guy(hes a big guard at 6'9)