1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would/Do you let your kids play football?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brando2101, Nov 12, 2014.

Tags:
?

Would/Do you let your kids play football?

1. Yes

34.6%
  2. No

65.4%
  1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Swoly... you support children going into p*rnography? That is sick.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think that I'm being a hypocrite at all. I don't think football is a bad sport and it should be outlawed. On the contrary I find it's a beautiful sport that pins two opposing teams to try to manhandle, and outwit one another! I especially like it when they play the running game and you see the front line push and shove one another in order to gain/stop a run! There is something primal in seeing that play out that warms my soul!..:grin:

What I am saying is player BEWARE! Playing football, CAN be hazardous to your health. If a parent chooses to allow their son to participate, it's done with the full knowledge that their son could get injured/severly injured, or even die! The truth is that MOST players recover from their injuries, but some are not so lucky! I don't like taking chances with my son! So I've decide not to let him play anymore.

I won't get mad if you view me as a hypocrite Swoly, some people think worse of me...:( but I've learned that you have to overlook that, and do what you think is best as a parent.

(P.S) Not saying if your kid plays you're a bad parent.

#42 BamBam, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Nope. I never said that but just to make it clear, I don't support that.

Yes, but by the time they're adults, I no longer can raise them... they're on their own. Like I said, if they're my kids, I can make some of those choices for them that I think are good for them, and I can leave some choices up to them. When they're adults, they make ALL their own choices, unless they ask me for advice and then I can help them.

BamBam, I get your point, but it still sounds a bit contradictory to only care for your own, but you know it's wrong for everyone else to let their kids play just so you can be entertained. :eek:

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I wouldnt mind if they want to play, but I wouldnt allow them to play tackling football until highschool.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Bumpety-bump-bump....:eek:

Interesting read! Poll shows half the parents wouldn't allow their child to play competitive football.

Article with poll